Unnatural Selection

C

chocobo_cid

I figure that Spirit Mirror is the best direct relation, but empress Galina and Brutal suppression are nice too.

Any ideas?

C

chocobo_cid

Verdant Touch says nothing about creature types, and if the idea is to make a land a creature, then a spirit, there are better land destruction ideas out there.

Griffing Canyon is OK in this instance, but not earth-shattering.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
I thought this was about Unnatural Selection though, which does say something about creature types...

I guess I'm thinking of the wrong card...

Because if I'm thinking of the right card then it is earth-shattering if pulled off or at least game-breaking...

C

chocobo_cid

Verdant Touch
Buyback 3 (If you pay an additional 3 as you play this spell, put it into your hand instead of your graveyard as part of the spell’s resolution.) Target land becomes a 2/2 creature that still counts as a land. (It remains a creature until it leaves play.)

Is that what you mean?

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Yes, and it is what I said...

I do know what Verdant Touch does...

And I just looked up Unnatural Selection. I was thinking of the right card. The combo does work, unless I'm missing something big...

Use Verdant Touch to make Griffin Canyon into a creature. Use Unnatural Selection to change the creature type of Griffin Canyon to "Griffin." Tap Griffin Canyon to untap Griffin Canyon and give it +1/+1. Tap Griffin Canyon to...

C

chocobo_cid

Geez, sorry. :( I thought that those were two independent ideas when you wrote it up.

While it's still a two-color three card combo, that's actually pretty good if one manages to get it out.

:eek:

T

train

It's a popular cycle...

add to it, the altar of dementia or fling, etc....

N

Nightstalkers

Throw in Artificial Evolution if your using Spirit Mirror and your opponents using a one creature type deck (like elves, or beasts, or penguins for all I care)...

With Unnatural Selection=
"I'm going to tap out to kill that, that, that, and that... I'm outta mana, so I'll have to wait till next turn to kill the rest of your elf army."

With Artificial Evolution=
"I'll kill that, that, that... heck, kill them all and save me the trouble." *big grin*

N

Nightstalkers

Originally posted by Oversoul
Have we said the Pure Reflection thing yet?
Know what? I'd completely forgotten about Pure Reflection. Its a powerhouse for white if you know how to abuse it with one type of card... COPs.

Circle of Protection: White would make this card complete in the sense that your opponent gets 1 creature, and its white. So what if you get one creature yourself? Throw together a bunch of wheenie critters and your opponent is pretty much screwed out of having any large armies, and every turn they'd better get another creature to put out or your little (hopefully) 2/2 will start wailing on them.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Well, let me clarify...

I was talking about Pure Reflection + Unnatural Selection + some gating creature who's name I don't remember...

Hard for them to win if they have a creature-based kill...

C

chocobo_cid

Sparkcaster? Marsh Croc? Looking at the list of gating creatures, I'm not quite sure which one you're talking about.

C

chocobo_cid

Savanna Lion is the first kitty to come to mind, but it's not a gating creature.

C

chocobo_cid

Paraphrased from Oversoul and train
Pure Reflection + Unnatural Selection + Fleetfoot Panther
Cool. Only problem is the WUG mana base... I love aluen, so that just might be added.

:D

EDIT: