1 stroke of genius
mana sources
4 dark ritual
2 subterranean hangar
2 sapprazzan skerry
11 islands
11 swamps
70 card deck
what do you think, i think i should be able to dominate most games, but i'd appreciate a critique

[Edited by Azreal the Soulmaster on 11-17-00 at 02:16 PM]

L

Landkiller

First of all, 70 cards is not the number you want. Unless there is a particular reason, in general, of course it's better for you to play 60.

So, I'd say, cut the stroke of genius, somnophore, replace unsummon with seal of removal, and fit in the Blue Black split card.

Whatever, disregard everything I say, but put in the Black Blue split card. It is awesome for this kind of deck.

A

Azreal the Soulmaster

really, spite/malice is kinda over costed but i guess for the availability of either spell, i'm intrested though why cut the stroke you think the FoF is enough drawing
i did kinda want it down to sixty i just don't know what to cut out

R

Rando

black control (8)
4 persecute
2 terror
2 rain of tears

blue control (6)
4 counterspell
2 Seal of Removal

gold control (6)
2 seer's vision
2 lobotomy
2 Recoil

creatures (8)
3 morphling
2 somnophore
2 temporal adept
1 Alexi

drawing (6)
3 fact or fiction
1 stroke of genius
2 Vampiric Tutor

mana sources (26)
4 dark ritual
12 islands
10 swamps

60 Cards.
I don't think that I really hurt the integraty of the original deck.

L

Landkiller

And, For terror, I would add Spite/Malice.

And, experiment with the Temporal Adept. I suspect that a two color deck might have trouble using these.

If so, add 4 Underground River, replacing 3 swamps and 1 island. If you want you can use the Invasion dual as well/instead.

A

Azreal the Soulmaster

i like the way you cut it rando, but i might take out the recoil and keep at least 2 boomerang, i want the ability to unsummon any permanent, just incase i don't get out the adepts

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
Um, can we make this deck type 2? Cut out the Urza's cycle!
Off of Rando's make, I would change:

Addles for Persecute
Another FOF for the stroke
Blind Seers and Wandering Eyes for the creatures, split it 4/3 however you want, keep the Alexi

That won't be as powerful, but it is the best I could think of for type 2. And try to make room for Spinal Embrace as well.

Ransac, monkey lover

A

Azreal the Soulmaster

okay here is what i have so far, i'd make those changes Ransac, but i don't play type 2, and like you said it would be more powerful this way
(8) black control
4 persecute(so much better than addle wouldn't you say)
2 terror
2 rain of tears( or possibly despoil i don't know, is it worth the extra 2)
(8) blue control
2 counterspell
2 seal of removal
(8) creatures
3 morphling
2 somnophore
1 alexi
2 temporal adepts
(4) Gold control
2 lobotomy
2 seer's vision
2 undermine
2 recoil
(6) drawing
3 fact or fiction
1 stroke of genius
2 vampiric tutor
(26) mana sources
4 dark ritual
12 islands
10 swamps
wow a serious comment from Ransac he must be slipping

[Edited by Azreal the Soulmaster on 11-26-00 at 05:36 PM]

A

Azreal the Soulmaster

its a really good card, i just don't know if i can fit it in the only thing i can possibly see taking out is the tutors
Hazaa! a 150 posts not too shabby

R

Rando

Remember that Recoil can be used on any type of permanant.

...and the discard bit is nice when thier hand is low.

A

Azreal the Soulmaster

oh yeah your right why was i thinking it was just creatures i'll keep the recoils then

M

Mikeymike

If possible, add some dual lands of some sort. You have a ton of double Black double Blue spells in here.

Did someone mention cutting the Boomerangs for recoils? It would be worth the extra 1 mana. Rando did, nevermind.

I like the deck a lot though (actually I "dislike" many of your cards if you know what I mean, they have been the bane of many a defeat for me :D)

For duel, cut back to 60 cards. For MP you can definitely get away with a bigger deck.

I'm also not too crazy about the Temporal Adept in a non-monoblue deck. That UUU activation cost in TOUGH to use. How about Time Elemental or Crapsize?

A

Azreal the Soulmaster

for some reason i don't see it being a problem, i'm gonna try to get my hands on some underground rivers, but as i recall you got my last salt marsh Mikeymike

D

Duel

how about abyssal specter or

SLEEPER'S ROBE.

It's card adantage, it's evasion, it has synergy with somnophore.....

D

DÛke

...this is "off-topic", I'm sorry.

I haven't had the time to play Seer's Vision yet; it looks like an OK card to me. Since you play it, Azreal, could you please inform me of it's power?
You seem to like it in the deck.

You asked if Despoil was worth the 2 Life is steals from the opponent. I'll tell you: yes. Not only that, but it is also splash-able. Sure, it costs 1 more mana than the Rain of Tears, but it's splash-ability should be less of a worry, not to mention, it eats away some of opponent's life total, which isn't that bad late game.

Now, I don't know if you discussed this or not, but have you considered Undermine?

D

Duel

I dissaprove of seer's vision when tlepathy is a possible card.

The best use of Seer's vision was by a friend of mine, sean, who would use it and let us sit there after he sacraficed it with our hands revealed....

M

Mikeymike

Oops, sorry :D. Now I feel all stupid.

Quick note on Seer's Vision: Although I personally feel it should cost UBB or 1UB, its "choose any card" ability is enormous. In Duel, I like Telepathy b/c your deck is low on 1 drops. In MP, Seer's Vision is much more threatening, but Is sure to draw out a disenchant. Its huge in MP, especially with teams where your teammate can suggest what to use the discard on (i.e. what hurts his weenie horde or stops his combo). I've used it, I like it. Never lasts long though.

Word of advice, if your opponent is playing white, use it before they get an opportunity to draw the Disenchant (or Scour). Its "play as a sorcery" text is a hindrance.

A

Azreal the Soulmaster

i agree with Mikeymike, DUke the power of seer's vision is mostly in multiplayer, and its sacrificing abilitiy is nice when you see a card that you don't like, and don't have any normal discards available
alright and i think i will replace the rain of tears with the despoil, and as of Undermine, i haven't thought of that yet, it would seem like a good idea, i want to keep this 60 cards so i guess i could pull out 2 normal counterspells and replace them with undermines

D

DÛke

...replace 1 Perscute and 1 Counterspell with 2 Undermines, instead of taking out 2 Counterspells?
Perscute is pretty good, I know, but Undermine is great; not greater, but great.

[Edited by DÛke on 11-18-00 at 04:51 PM]