Type 1 Sliver

R

rakso

We have to explain better.

My opinion is, as mentioned, the Sliver base lends itself to a more control-oriented approach given its flexible abilities that aren't necessarily oriented towards dealing damage like the ones in a Sligh deck. The multi-color mana base just emphasizes this aspect.

That's why it's natural to use control-oriented stuff, since you won't be able to race the real aggressive weenie decks unless you blunt the intitial rush and take control of the game.

Against slower decks, you get to disrupt key spells while attacking with your hard to kill Slivers.

Makes sense to me, but the mana base lets you experiment with anything as long as you take into account the speed limitations of a 5-color weenie deck. Remember that those things like 5-color green and 5-color black could not play as speed weenie decks!

Killer Joe

If you're trying to "Q" with Slivers then, Counter-Sliver is the way to go.
If you're trying to beat-down folks in friendly games then, the originally posted deck is the way to go.
If you want to do well in multi-player then add Coat of Arms to the mix.
Just MY opinion.

D

Duel

Ah, coat of arms. In sliver, that's almost as conspicuous as stasis in turbo-stasis. Of course, once it's out, everyone else IS screwed already.....

R

rakso

I think Coat of Arms works better in an Elf deck because of the mana the Elf deck can produce.

If you're going to add a 5-cc card to a Sliver deck that is pressed for mana as is, then Sliver Queen will be much, much better given the average number of Slivers that will be on the board at a time.

N

Namielus

Coats would be a good idea, but my 5 drop (if I get one) is gonna be the queen. And with the queen out, I want to tap out each turn either by making sliver tokens, or via a good sliver I draw + tokens.

Coats is also very dangerous, if I'm fighting a green deck and they fog and have 5 elves out thats game over for me. Too many bad things can happen with such massive effects.

R

rakso

You should ideally be able to Demonic Consultation for Disenchant or Seal of Cleansing.

Given everyone likes Winged Sliver, might Earthquake be a nice card for a Sliver deck? Would give it the edge against other weenies.

M

Mikeymike

I would replace the 4 Thran Quarries with 4 Land Grants as Duel and Zadok said. Even with the 4 land grants, that is a ton of mana for a speed deck. You don't ever get flooded?

Also, I would cut
2 Sliver Queens and replace them with 2 Natural Orders. This way you make sure you get one in play. Also, the Order works with Crystalline's b/c you have to sac. a critter, not target one.

You need some type of Direct Damage in there, maybe cut the Metallics and Talons for some Bolts.

But it does look seriously dangerous.

If you want to make the deck a lot of fun to play in a big group game try:
Concordant Crossroads
Aluren
Fecundity (draw like mad)
Radiant, Archangel (Winged Sliver)
Goblin Bombardment
Cowardice (w/ Crystalline)
Living Death

And remember, sliver decks are supposed to be annoying