Type 1 Sliver

N

Namielus

Ok I've made this sliver deck long ago, 2 years, and I was wondering if there is anything I should do to it.

Slivers
4 Sliver Queen
4 Crystalline
4 Acidic
4 Muscle
3 Victual
3 Winged
3 Heart
2 Talon
2 Metallic
Other
3 Disenchants
Land
20 :2 of Every Duel Land (the 1st, 2nd, 3rd edition ones)
4 Thran Quarry
4 City of Brass

What do you think?

D

Duel

Last deck of yours that you called sliver was 4 queens, 4 heartstones, 4 demonic consultations, 4 altars, and a fireball....

anyways, this deck is DAMN HARD TO BEAT!!!!!!!
(I've played against it)
you may want land grant? Summons a red or white mana.....
How about a gaea's blessing or 2?
Collective unconciousness?

N

Namielus

Grant doesn't work, there constided non-basic, and basic...

Haha read up the ruling on that one.

Z

Zadok001

Um... He did. :) Land Grant does work, as it searches for a Forest, something you have in eight of your dual lands. For good measure: Haha! Read the rulings on that one!

I would say find _something_, ANYTHING, to replace the Talon Slivers, Metallics, and one of the Victuals. Maybe Worldly Tutor or the lovely Winged. Or Swords for removing Bad Things(tm) from your way, or Force of Will, or Tithe...

R

rkoelsch

take out -2 Metallic
-1 Talon
-1 Victual

put in 3- Vampiric Tutors
1- Coalition Victory.(alternate path)

D

Duel

Counterspell, force of will, mana leak, fact or fiction, soothsaying. god, I love blue. Don't you? Use it, peter.
Oh, and STP was a good idea. As is lightning bolt.

J

Jettaran

How about you take out the talon and the mettalic slivers and in there place you put in 1 victual, 1 winged and 2 fores of will, or instead of force you can go for 2 planar portal (or if you want vampiric, or rhystic tutor)

N

Namielus

Ahhh blue = bad (this doesn't count slivers) I would rather include things that help speed up its game, I had 4 lotus petals but there restriced now.

N

Namielus

You would.

Hey lued that a good idea, now could you find four? haha I thought not. But that isn't that hard to get, I'm gonna get an ebay acount.

D

Duel

[me] BOPs Nameilus 4 times[/me]
Finding them is easy. Stealing them, now THAT'S hard.

J

Jettaran

You should know Duel you know I think that I have been missing a few of thoughs since I lent you all my cards, well that and all of my moxs and black lotuss!!!!

Where are they!!

D

Duel

Lotus go down the hooole....

Anyways, I'd consider archealogical dig. It's a good land for the deck, I think.

R

rakso

I think one thing you have to note about Slivers is that you can't stuff them all in; otherwise, you'll lose an ability each time you sac a Sliver (if you want to do this, then you're better off with Survival of the Fittest or something to search for the proper Slivers with).

The best Sliver core is undisputably Crystalline + Winged + Muscle. That's 12.

You'll normally play with 2 more kinds, and I'd go with Hibernation and Acidic for the combat ability and flexibility. Hibernation works well with Force of Will (a strength of a Sliver deck is that it can play some hard to kill critters quickly then have some counter ability to control the game as backup) if you have it and just makes your untargettable creatures bounce which is really annoying. Acidic Sliver turns everything into Shock Troops, which lets you kill 4/4s and 5/5s or your opponent.

I like a few other tricks like Victual Sliver, but you'll find that the five above fulfill a lot of the abilities already. Hibernation and Muscle can make up for the ability of the more expensive Talon and Barbed Slivers, for example.

And you won't want to draw a lot of Sliver Queens early on... better to just use 1 and tutor for it.

The land mix is also very crucial, and you can't just stuff random dual lands. 4 City of Brass and 4 of the better duals is a better start, rounded out with searchers like Land Grant and Fetch lands from Mirage.

Archeological Dig would be horrible. You can't run a lot of mana in the deck, so something that sacs would hurt you. Thran Quarry with Crystalline Sliver even looks safer than that.

N

Namielus

I'm not making my Sliver Beatdown into a control deck!!!!

Yea sure hibernating slivers aren't half bad but if I'm fighting burn I want damage dealing stuff on the board, and that isn't hibernating sliver.

No matter what all of you say I'm not gonna turn the deck into counter sliver. I want my beat down!

The queen is one of the most important cards in the deck, in the last game (that happens more often than you would think) Sliver Queen wins me the game, 2 mana make another creature, its also a 7/7 (at least).

I want versitility with this deck, if that is anymore possible without changing the whole point of the deck.

R

rakso

All I said was that I figured those were the best Slivers in my opinion, and those were the abilities that best abused the multicolor nature (differentiating the deck's abilities from an all-red for example).

However, a Sliver deck can be very versatile, and that was the other side of the old Sliver discussions on Beyond Dominia.

You can turn it completely around and use Lightning Bolt and Incinerate instead of counters, and that's quite aggressive. You can use Memory Lapse as your counter, since that delays the opponent and gives you another attack. When I said Hibernation Sliver worked with Force of Will neatly, I didn't mean go Counter-Sliver; Force of Will is a great beatdown support card since you stall him without missing a beat. Round out your burn with Duress since you're using Acidic Sliver, and you can have a mean little aggressive deck.

If you're fighting burn, you should have a shot at beating him to the punch since your cards aren't one-shots, though Victual Sliver does help. Hibernation Sliver still helps beatdown since you can trade 2 life for one of his 2/2 or 3/3 creatures.

Sliver Queen is good later on for this kind of deck and it can win games. All I said was that drawing 3 or 4 in your opening hand isn't going to get you anywhere.

Finally, playing with Slivers is, by nature, playing some kind of control. Your creatures are weenies too, but slower and less powerful than the mix of creatures and spells available to mono green and mono red.

If you find an opponent more aggressive then you, won't you have to take advantage of your incredible flexibility and do a little controlling before the final push? And that flexibility involves versatility, but it also involves a little consistency in the Slivers you'll get.

D

Duel

Okay, fine. Then throw in early burn. Bolts and removal. Possible discard.