TV topic Test for a new forum...

T

train

Discovery/TLC/Travel Channel/History Channel
I'm with you MM...

As for Monty Python - I haven't really seen any of them... except the "Bring out your dead" part.

guess I'll have to do so...

24 has been a good show the times I've watched it. There just wasn't anything to make me want to sit down to it every night... Sutherland has peeked interest ever since Young Guns though...

Daria would be great to watch, but why don't they have a classic MTV channel or something... Beavis and Butt-Head were the men... well... boys, whatever...

I use to catch Conan each night, along with Kilborn... just don't stay up that late all the time anymore...

Sportscenter - now that's a show I'll see daily...:D

S

Svenmonkey

Originally posted by train:
I use to catch Conan each night, along with Kilborn... just don't stay up that late all the time anymore...
Kilborn is so bad it makes me want to saw my arms off just so I can pass out from loss of blood.

T

train

I'm used to Kilborn... but that's because I was a big daily show fan... and 5 questions...

"I've got 5 questions for you..."

Ferret

Staff member
Originally posted by train
I'm used to Kilborn... but that's because I was a big daily show fan... and 5 questions...

"I've got 5 questions for you..."
I've always liked Kilby - Mrs. F is totally in love w/ him :) He was much better than Jon Stewart because he never took anything (including himself) that seriously. He's a great interviewer because he always keeps the guests off guard so they can be themselves - not, what their publicists tell them to be...

-Ferret

"it's the hair - chicks dig the hair..."

T

train

Chicks do dig the hair... though some dig no hair...:rolleyes:

The funkiest hair is definitely Conan's...

5 - questions for Conan:

"Where did you find the hair?
Did you pay for it?
If so - why?
Is it true your mother disowned you because of it?
Is it true you never have to wash it?"

B

Bob

My favorite show is the Simpsons. Unfortunately, the Simpsons is suffereing horribly, and has gone, IMO, from the greatest television show ever to one of the worst. It's just awful these days. It hurts to watch it.

Ferret

Staff member
Originally posted by Bob
My favorite show is the Simpsons. Unfortunately, the Simpsons is suffereing horribly, and has gone, IMO, from the greatest television show ever to one of the worst. It's just awful these days. It hurts to watch it.
I occasionaly watch the re-runs, but I haven't watched the new episodes in some time...when I want to watch animated sit-coms I turn to Comedy Central (South Park, Dilbert, Duckman), The N (Daria), and Cartoon Network (all non-Japanese Adult Swim).

-Ferret

"Of course all those shows owe the Simpsons for opening the door..."

Killer Joe

Law & Order - All three variants.

Others include:
Enterprise (I miss Voyager)

The Lost World (Gratuitous Breast Shots is the first reason)

MSNBC's: Hardball (I love how he never lets Liberals say anything; Cracks-me-up!)

Charmed (I like The Smith's tune at the beginning "How Soon Is Now?" - I think.)

"Capital Steps" from NPR (I know, it's radio but I still like it)

"What do you Know?" (again, radio PRI)

Who's Line Is It Anyway? (Wayne is so funny)

SpongeBob SquarePants (when I'm in the room with my children)

The Anna Nicole Smith Show (See Lost World reason)

I Hate:
Survivor and all rip-offs of any kind to include Joe Millionaire, Real Life and other "Reality" TV shows. I'm a school teacher, I get a "Reality" show everyday!!!!!!!
Examples:
Mr. "O", Johnny was staring at my best friend Suzie at lunch and I can't play my clarinet today.
~OR~
I have an Emergency Family Picnic to go to today so I won't be at Band Camp.
~OR~
My Mom said she doesn't want me to play saxophone in marching band because I might fall and stab myself in the throat.

also, I hate all the Anime clones and rip-offs. Speed Racer was cool..........and that's it.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I haven't seen much of the Simpsons these past two seasons as Sunday's a rough night to watch/tape stuff. I'll just get the DVDs... :)

N

Nightstalkers

The best part about DVD's is that you can use the ones you don't like as coasters, frisbee's, or hang 'em up as a shiny mobile.

Thats what I like to do with all of the AOL "Frisbee's" that I find and/ or get in the mail:D

Ferret

Staff member
Who's Line Is It Anyway? (Wayne is so funny)
Kill me. Please. Wayne Brady is a hack at best. Brad Sherwood is better at improv songs...but if you really want to see good songs you have to watch the original British version on Comedy Central. Mike McShane and Josey Lawrence came up w/ the best all-time songs on the show...

-Ferret

"There were even shows that DIDN'T have Ryan Stiles on them..."

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I think Wayne is pretty good, along with Brad and Chip. The best one they do is "Superheros" :p

I haven't seen the original, just the one from Canada. I didn't like it as much though.

T

train

I've seen a few shots of the original... and I guess I just an Americanized entertainee...:rolleyes:

T

train

I guess the TV topics are dying down... anyone up for Comic Books???...

N

Nightstalkers

Firefly Firefly Firefly Firefly Firefly Firefly Firefly Firefly Firefly Firefly Firefly Firefly Firefly Firefly Firefly Firefly Firefly Firefly Firefly Firefly Firefly Firefly Firefly Firefly Firefly Firefly Firefly Firefly Firefly Firefly Firefly Firefly Firefly Firefly Firefly Firefly Firefly Firefly Firefly Firefly Firefly Firefly Firefly Firefly Firefly Firefly Firefly Firefly Firefly Firefly Firefly Firefly Firefly Firefly Firefly Firefly Firefly Firefly Firefly Firefly Firefly Firefly Firefly Firefly Firefly Firefly Firefly Firefly Firefly Firefly Firefly Firefly Firefly Firefly Firefly Firefly Firefly Firefly Firefly Firefly Firefly Firefly Firefly Firefly Firefly Firefly Firefly Firefly Firefly Firefly Firefly Firefly Firefly Firefly Firefly Firefly Firefly Firefly Firefly Firefly Firefly Firefly Firefly Firefly Firefly Firefly Firefly Firefly Firefly Firefly Firefly Firefly Firefly Firefly Firefly Firefly Firefly Firefly Firefly Firefly Firefly Firefly Firefly Firefly Firefly Firefly Firefly Firefly Firefly Firefly Firefly Firefly Firefly Firefly Firefly Firefly Firefly Firefly Firefly Firefly Firefly Firefly Firefly Firefly Firefly Firefly Firefly Firefly Firefly Firefly Firefly Firefly Firefly Firefly Firefly Firefly Firefly Firefly Firefly Firefly Firefly Firefly Firefly Firefly Firefly Firefly Firefly Firefly Firefly Firefly Firefly Firefly Firefly Firefly Firefly Firefly Firefly Firefly Firefly Firefly Firefly Firefly Firefly Firefly Firefly Firefly Firefly Firefly Firefly Firefly Firefly Firefly Firefly Firefly\

sorry, this is a shorter version of the original that I had posted

Ferret

Staff member
Originally posted by Nightstalkers
Firefly Firefly Firefly Firefly Firefly Firefly Firefly Firefly Firefly Firefly Firefly Firefly Firefly Firefly Firefly Firefly Firefly Firefly Firefly Firefly Firefly Firefly Firefly Firefly Firefly Firefly Firefly Firefly Firefly Firefly Firefly Firefly Firefly Firefly Firefly Firefly Firefly Firefly Firefly Firefly Firefly Firefly Firefly Firefly Firefly Firefly Firefly Firefly Firefly Firefly Firefly Firefly Firefly Firefly Firefly Firefly Firefly Firefly Firefly Firefly Firefly Firefly Firefly Firefly Firefly Firefly Firefly Firefly Firefly Firefly Firefly Firefly Firefly Firefly Firefly Firefly Firefly Firefly Firefly Firefly Firefly Firefly Firefly Firefly Firefly Firefly Firefly Firefly Firefly Firefly Firefly Firefly Firefly Firefly Firefly Firefly Firefly Firefly Firefly Firefly Firefly Firefly Firefly Firefly Firefly Firefly Firefly Firefly Firefly Firefly Firefly Firefly Firefly Firefly Firefly Firefly Firefly Firefly Firefly Firefly Firefly Firefly Firefly Firefly Firefly Firefly Firefly Firefly Firefly Firefly Firefly Firefly Firefly Firefly Firefly Firefly Firefly Firefly Firefly Firefly Firefly Firefly Firefly Firefly Firefly Firefly Firefly Firefly Firefly Firefly Firefly Firefly Firefly Firefly Firefly Firefly Firefly Firefly Firefly Firefly Firefly Firefly Firefly Firefly Firefly Firefly Firefly Firefly Firefly Firefly Firefly Firefly Firefly Firefly Firefly Firefly Firefly Firefly Firefly Firefly Firefly Firefly Firefly Firefly Firefly Firefly Firefly Firefly Firefly Firefly Firefly Firefly Firefly Firefly\

sorry, this is a shorter version of the original that I had posted
Canceled Canceled Canceled Canceled Canceled Canceled Canceled Canceled Canceled Canceled Canceled Canceled Canceled Canceled Canceled Canceled Canceled Canceled Canceled Canceled Canceled Canceled Canceled Canceled Canceled Canceled Canceled Canceled Canceled Canceled Canceled Canceled Canceled Canceled Canceled Canceled Canceled Canceled Canceled Canceled Canceled Canceled Canceled Canceled Canceled Canceled Canceled Canceled Canceled Canceled Canceled Canceled Canceled Canceled

:D

-Ferret

"Never expect Fox to allow a sci fi show to stay on the air for more than one season"

T

train

Is this where I say "I told you so"?
That would sound like everyone else out there in life... even me... :p

But since I stand as neutral on the subject, I have no problem testing the waters...

As I'll do with the comic books...

E

EricBess

train,

I think the TV thing is a good idea, but it appears that you, me, and Spidey are the only ones that really care. I wouldn't mind posting occasionally, but I think leaving it in off-topic is a fine.