TV topic Test for a new forum...

T

train

Like the title says - if this TV thread goes well enough we may be able to have a new forum added to the CPA - Ed's call of course...

Since television includes video of all kinds - please feel free to discuss movies as well... The forum, if created may be something like "TV Shows, Movies, and..." See the suggestions forum for more info on this...

I'll start by bringing up Star Wars - i can't wait to be able to buy a whole 6-pieces DVD set to watch for a full 24 hours at home...

Is anyone else looking forward to the 3rd episode?...

My favorite character is Wicket - the Ewok. I think he had the hots for Leia and wouldn't have had problems had Han been out of the picture.

As for TV shows - Alias has to be one kick-butte show, and Jennifer Garner is a close Second to Jessica Alba form Dark Angel.

I do wish they'd bring Veritas:The Quest back on more often... I'm not even sure if they canceled it...:rolleyes: But it was a dang good show - for probably most of us here...

and one quick note - CSI Rules!!!...:D

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I didn't know movies were included. That should be a whole separate thread, methinks :)

But anyway, just finished the 3rd season of Friends on DVD, still have to get the first (store was out when I was there, curse them). Regularly watch Friends, Survivor, CSI, Without a Trace on TV and try to watch Everyone Loves Raymond, Simpsons, and Less Than Perfect when I can.

T

train

Without a trace is good... I think it explores a whole new realm of FBI work - but if the FBI can do such a great job with missing persons, why is it almost always turned into local law enforcement...

I know, I know - it's TV...

Survivor is good, I do think they've been creative enough to keep it interesting to watch...

As for all the turning on one another - cannibalism is the one thing that will shut this show down for good...

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I think it depends on some "criteria" that the missing person supposed to fill before the FBI gets involved. What I like about it is the twists they have... in the beginning shows the conclusion was never forgone; it kept you guessing what happened.

Survivor is showing its age but still good... the girls against guys this time was interesting but they shouldn't have mixed it up right before the merge. What I want to see is one where they all stay together in a huge 16 member tribe and see how it works out.

T

train

I really thought they'd a done a Survivor Alaska or something like that...

Survivor Siberia!...

but I think they like the skin showing on the bodies to have a certain appeal...

Anyhow - does anyone still watch cartoons - I'll admit to seeing Spongebob every now and then... but the new Transformers Armada is just cool!!!!...

S

Svenmonkey

The only shows I watch are late-night comedy shows, local news, blatantly sensational newsish story shows like 60 minutes, and, of course, CBS News Up To The Minute which has to be the coolest thing around.

T

train

What i like about those shows Sven - is how they have corrections for stuff reported at earlier times...

"Get it right, now they tell me bacon is the stock pick of the year!";)

E

EricBess

Current TV shows that I like to watch.

Well, people have already said Alias, Survivor, and CSI. The other one I like is Smallville. Oh, almost forgot John Doe. If you haven't seen it, but you liked The Pretender, check it out. It's not as good as The Pretender, but it's not bad, either. The season finale looks like they might be shaking things up. We'll see how that goes (though Alias managed to shake things up without too many troubles).

Other than that...well, there's a handful of shows that I'll watch if they happen to be on. Without a Trace, which I usually end up watching because it is right after Survivor and CSI, Law and Order. I don't like L&O:CI. I used to watch SVU, but I find that anymore it is too graphic for my tastes.

Crossing Jordan is decent...Hmmm...I think that's about it.

Oh, speaking of CSI, what does everyone think of CSI:Miami? Personally, I think there's a flow that CSI has that CSI:Miami is just missing.

Oh, one other thing...it doesn't seem to me that there is enough TV interest to start a forum. However, train, if you are serious about wanting one, then start posting a few off topic items about specific shows...Did you catch "<foo>" last night? for example... If enough people start responding and creating their own threads, then eventually, a forum will be feasible. That's what happened with "Games run by CPA Members".

Z

Zhaneel

I hardly watch TV, except for The West Wing, which kicks bottom. If only it were real...

And I admit to having never seen the Simpsons or any sort of reality show. Ever.

J

Jigglypuff

I only use my TV to watch hockey and old TV shows "from the good ol' days" on Nick at Nite and TV Land.

(- Steve -)

A

Azreal the Soulmaster

My Tv usually stays tuned to comedy central, but my viewing includes:

Simpsons(Classic)
Futurama(I always thought this was more witty than the simpsons, too bad it was cancelled, but reruns on cartoon network are good)
Iron Chef( Long Live the King of Iron Chefs!: Hiroyuki Sakai!)
Yu Yu Hakusho( This is a great series, good enough to survive whatever atrocities editing has put it through.)
Rurouni Kenshin(see Yu Yu Hakusho)
Tremors: the series( I love "B" Sci-fi movies, and this series is hilarious, i've missed the last two episodes due to work load, but I like Michael Gross as Burt Gummer alot better than I ever liked him as the Dad on Family Ties. too bad sci-fi cancelled Farscape for this though, no contest.)
Around the Horn( Sports Columnists yelling at each other, possibly the greatest talk show ever! Go Woody Paige!)
Pardon the Interruption( this show is also hilarious and clever, probably like this for the same reasons as around the horn)

Most of my viewing involves stand-up comedy on comedy central, while i'm doing work, drawing or reading...or something.

N

Nightstalkers

the red green show still rules!

Still wish that they didn't cut off Firefly though :(

Whatever happened to Red Dwarf?

Sorry, I still like british comedy. British poke fun at everything :D

S

Svenmonkey

They still show Red Dwarf on PBS around here. Red Green is great, too. Too bad they got rid of Black Adder and Monty Python's Flying Circus.

Oh, yeah, I forgot one: The Outer Limits because it's usually completely unbelievable and they have a moral at the end that's always like 6 paragraphs long.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Cartoons: Not much now except the Simpsons. I saw Justice League on Cartoon Network a couple of days ago but didn't sit through the whole thing.

CSI Miami: I agree, it seems to lack something the original CSI has. Of course, I've only really watched two or three of the shows so maybe it's better now, but I'll stick to the original.

Different threads for different shows: That's what I thought when train first brought it up in Suggestions, but he wanted to try it this way.

Other shows that came to my head: Oh yeah, I love Whose Line Is It Anyways.

T

train

EB - It's really a spin-off of Ferret's wanting to have additional topics for forums...

Basically if this thread got hit hard by posts, not spam, but people talking about the subject, and there was enough diversity in TV shows, or types of shows: so far we have comedy, drama, reality, animated, and a short stint on movies(namely me), then we'd know there was enough interest in the subject.

Of course starting a different thread per show, could leave some high and dry, and really spread out the threads. You do have a good point though and anyone wanting to start their own threads is more than welcome to do so.

As for the West Wing - I liked it last night!...

N

Nightstalkers

They cancelled Monty's Flying Circus and Black Adder!

Outer Limits may reach its limits while its trying to make more scenarios. My personal thought is that if they remake the one with that guy that stared on Star Trek (Wrote a book) I'll start raving about how bad the show is right in front of my boss.

Whatever happened to firefly?

T

train

I hadn't heard on the flying circus or adder shows... any good?...

M

Mikeymike

Absolutely hooked on it. One of the best shows ever. Period. Not much else to say, except if you HAVE NOT followed season 2 DO NOT hop into the middle of it. Wait for the DVD to come out or for FX reruns - it will be worth the wait.

Fastlane:
Gratuitous? Unbelievably so
Unrealistic? God yes
Entertaining? Undoubtedley
Fastlane is the type of show I should hate, which amazes me that I love it so much. I think it just has this cool factor I've never seen before. I mean, it is the ultimate male show: hot ladies, hot cars, great music, slick special effects, solid action, and just the right amount of panache.
Of course it's on Friday nights at 8:00pm on Fox, which is Fox's show death row....can't get too attached.

Alias:
It had me worried recently with some really crazy and unbelievable plot twists, but last week's episode was by far one of the best all season. Has me geared up for the finale.

MadTV:
Don't always catch it, but I always enjoy it when I do.

Conan:
Usually catch it on Comedy Central. Love him.

Dave Chapelle Show:
Wow does he push some serious comedic boundaries. Those who are overly PC will be offended if not squimish, but if you can hang in there you will laugh your heiney off.

Trading Spaces:
What can I say, my girlfriend got me hooked on it.

Discovery/TLC/Travel Channel/History Channel
If I'm bored I will always find something on 1 of these 4 to keep me happily occupied.

N

Nightstalkers

I hadn't heard on the flying circus or adder shows... any good?...
go down to Blockbuster™ and rent a monty pithons video...

A half an hour of a pithons movie is the best way to explain it.

Ferret

Staff member
Monty Python and Black Adder can be found on BBC America - they used to also carry Red Dwarf - now, no one in my area carries it :(

-Ferret

"But every week I get the same episodes of 'Keeping Up Apearances'"