Tribal Game 4

L

Limited

So Mythosx killed the Fist of Krosa, the wizards shot down the Cinder Elemental and pinged DF once, and then the Wizards all (well, almost all) died.

And then we each take one damage.

And DF plays the Magmasaur and ends his turn.

(I hope I got the board correct)

Untap, Upkeep (paying W), Draw

Attack Mythosx with the Owl Keeper and a token.

Responses? Blocks?

DarthFerret: 19
Hand: 5
Library:44
In Play:

(T) Desert (1colorless, or tap to deal 1 damage to an attacking critter after it deals it's damage)
(T) Dwarven Hold (3 Counters)
(T) Mountain
(T) High Market (T:1 ; T: sac a critter to get a life)
(T) Forgotten Cave
(T) Hammerheim (T:R , T: Critter loses landwalk ability)
(T) Shivan Gorge (T:1 2R,T: Deal 1 Dmg to each opponent)

(U) Magmasaur (5/5, and other fun stuff!)

Graveyard: Magmasaur, Cinder Elemental
RFG:

Limited: 19
Hand: 7
Library: 45
In Play:

(U) Boros Garrison
(U) Mountain
(UT) 2x Plains

(T) Jotun Owl Keeper (3/3 cu-U/W if put into graveyard, I get Bird tokens) (1 ctr)
(T) Bird Token (1/1 white Bird creature token with flying)
(U) Bird Token (1/1 white Bird creature token with flying)

Graveyard: Sunhome Enforcer, Jotun Owl Keeper, Bloodrock Cyclops
RFG:

Mooseman: 19
Hand: 2
Library: 38
In Play:

(UTTTUUUU) Forest
(T) Gaea's Cradle ( Legendary Land (T: Add G to your mana pool for each creature you control.)

(T) Hermit Druid (1/1, Creature - Druid (G, T: Reveal cards from the top of your library until you reveal a basic land card. Put that card into your hand and put all other revealed cards into your graveyard.)
(U) Seton, Krosan Protector (2/2, Creature - Centaur Druid Legend (Tap an untapped Druid you control: Add G to your mana pool.)
(U) Werebear (1/1, Creature - Druid Bear (T: Add G to your mana pool. Threshold - Werebear gets +3/+3. )

Graveyard:Forest, Skyshroud Claim, Crop Rotation, Thriss: Nantuko Primus, Muscle Burst, Yavimaya Elder, Werebear, Kamahl Fist of Krosa
RFG:

mythosx: 19
Hand: 0
Library: ??
In Play:

(T,T,T,T,T,U,U) Island x7

(U) Aphetto Alchemist - (Creature - Wizard)(1/2, T: Untap target artifact or creature. Morph (U)(You may play this face down as a 2/2 creature for . Turn it face up any time for its morph cost.))
(U) Azami, Lady of Scrolls - (Legendary Creature - Human Wizard)(0/2, Tap an untapped Wizard you control: Draw a card.)

Graveyard: Information Dealer, Zuran Spellcaster, Suq'Ata Firewalker, Zuran Spellcaster, Hisoka's Guard, Temporal Adept
RFG:

Oversoul: 19
Library: 46
In Play:
-(U) Saprazzan Skerry (1 counter; T, remove a counter: UU)
-(U, U, U, U, U, U) Island x6
-(U) Chrome Mox (imprinting Daring Apprentice; T: U)

Graveyard: Zuran Spellcaster, Prodical Sorcerer, Suq'Ata Firewalker
RFG:

Spiderman: 16
Library: 47
In Play:

(T,T,U) Swamp x3

Graveyard: Ravenous Rats, Nezumi Cutthroat, Nezumi Shortfang, Nezumi Shortfang
RFG:

M

mythosx

wait...slow your roll.... wasn't done with the stack...after khamal goes the grave yard...I was going to tap the information dealer to look at my library for the number of wizards in play. and tap lady azami to draw the top of my library...the only thing left on the stack at this point is the 1 point earthquake.

D

DarthFerret

Ok, you guys are confusing me...what is happening (and Limited, I saced the cinder to gain a life so I was still at 20)....

L

Limited

Yeah, but you a damage from the Earthquake and Oversoul pinged you once.. so you should be at 19

But if the Earthquake hasn't resolved yet, that changes a lot!

L

Limited

So, backing up. Its still DarthFerrets turn

To reconstruct:
DF plays Earthquake
Stack: Earthquake
==Mooseman responds with Kamahl ability
==Stack: Earthquake, Kamahl's ability
====Mythosx responds by tapping three Wizards to take Kamahl down
====Stack: Earthquake, Kamahl's ability, Three Wizards
==Nobody has any responses, so the Wizards resolve and Kamahl dies.
Nobody has any responses, so Kamahl's ability resolves.
==Oversoul responds by tapping three Wizards (2 for Cinder Elemental, one on DF)
==Stack: Earthquake, Another Three Wizards
====DF responds by saccing the CE to his High Market
====Stack: Earthquake, Another Three Wizards, DF gains a life
==Nobody has any responses: DF goes to 21
Nobody has any responses: DF goes to 21 and the other two wizards do nothing (CE is already dead)
==Mythosx responds by tapping Information Dealer
==Stack: Earthquake, Information Dealer
If nobody has any responses, Mythosx stacks the top of his deck
==Mythosx responds by tapping Azami
==Stack: Earthquake, Azami
If nobody has any responses, Mythosx draws a card.

Would everybody please confirm that this is correct? And that they dont have any responses to the Information Dealer and Azami?

Oh, and I would like to add, that I have no responses whatsoever this turn. So don't wait for me :D

DarthFerret: 20
Hand: 6
Library:49
In Play:

(T) Desert (1colorless, or tap to deal 1 damage to an attacking critter after it deals it's damage)
(U) Dwarven Hold (5 Counters)
(T) Mountain
(U) Forgotten Cave
(U) Hammerheim (T:R , T: Critter loses landwalk ability)
(U) Shivan Gorge (T:1 2R,T: Deal 1 Dmg to each opponent)

RFG:

Limited: 20
In Play:

(T) Boros Garrison
(U) Mountain
(UT) 2x Plains

(S) Jotun Owl Keeper (3/3 cu-U/W if put into graveyard, I get Bird tokens)

RFG:

Mooseman: 20
In Play:

(TTTTTTTT) 8x Forest
(T) Gaea's Cradle , ( Legendary Land (T: Add G to your mana pool for each creature you control.)

(T) Hermit Druid (1/1, Creature - Druid (G, T: Reveal cards from the top of your library until you reveal a basic land card. Put that card into your hand and put all other revealed cards into your graveyard.)
(U) Seton, Krosan Protector (2/2, Creature - Centaur Druid Legend (Tap an untapped Druid you control: Add G to your mana pool.)
(U) Werebear (1/1, Creature - Druid Bear (T: Add G to your mana pool. Threshold - Werebear gets +3/+3. )

Graveyard:Forest, Skyshroud Claim, Crop Rotation, Thriss: Nantuko Primus, Muscle Burst, Yavimaya Elder, Werebear, Kamahl Fist of Krosa
RFG:

mythosx: 20
Hand: 0
In Play:

(T) Information Dealer - (Creature - Wizard)(1/1, T: Look at the top X cards of your library, where X is the number of Wizards in play, then put them back in any order. )
(T) Zuran Spellcaster - (Creature - Wizard)(1/1, T: Zuran Spellcaster deals 1 damage to target creature or player.)
(T) Suq'Ata Firewalker - (Creature - Human Wizard)(1/1, T:Suq'Ata Firewalker deals 1 damage to target creature or player.)
(T) Zuran Spellcaster - (Creature - Wizard)(1/1, T: Zuran Spellcaster deals 1 damage to target creature or player.)
(U) Aphetto Alchemist - (Creature - Wizard)(1/2, T: Untap target artifact or creature. Morph (U)(You may play this face down as a 2/2 creature for . Turn it face up any time for its morph cost.))
(U) Hisoka's Guard - (Creature - Human Wizard)(1/1, You may choose not to untap Hisoka's Guard during your untap step. 1U,T: As long as Hisoka's Guard remains tapped, target creature you control other than Hisoka's Guard can't be the target of spells or abilities.)
(U) Temporal Adept - (Creature - Human Wizard)(1/1, UUU,T: Return target permanent to its owner's hand.)
(T) Azami, Lady of Scrolls - (Legendary Creature - Human Wizard)(0/2, Tap an untapped Wizard you control: Draw a card.)

Graveyard:
RFG:

Oversoul: 20
In Play:
-(T) Zuran Spellcaster (1/1; T: 1 damage to any target)
-(T) Prodigal Sorcerer (1/1; T: 1 damage to any target)
-(T) Suq'Ata Firewalker (0/1; Red crap can't target this; T: 1 damage to any target)

Graveyard:
RFG:

Spiderman: 17
In Play:

(T,T,U) Swamp x3

(U) Nezumi Cutthroat (2/1, fear, ~ can't block)
(U) Nezumi Shortfang (1/1, 1B, T: target opponent discards a card. Then if that player has no cards in hand, flip ~. FLIP - Stabwhisker the Odious - Legendary Rat Shaman - 3/3 - At the beginning of each opponent's upkeep, that player loses 1 life for each card fewer than 3 in his hand)
(S) Nezumi Shortfang (1/1, 1B, T: target opponent discards a card. Then if that player has no cards in hand, flip ~. FLIP - Stabwhisker the Odious - Legendary Rat Shaman - 3/3 - At the beginning of each opponent's upkeep, that player loses 1 life for each card fewer than 3 in his hand)

Graveyard: Ravenous Rats
RFG:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Does that mean no responses Oversoul or just waiting to reply in turn?

Do we need to reply in turn about responses?

The only thing I see is that mythosx should have 1 card in hand from successfully using Azami.

L

Limited

Spiderman said:
Do we need to reply in turn about responses?
Officially, you need to. Whenever a spell has resolved, the active player gets priority, and then you go round the table to see if anybody has responses. If anybody does, once again the active players gains priority and you go round the table again to see if anybody wants to respond to that..

And, with a six player game with people not online at the same time, this takes up a lot of time. So you can declare that you have no responses ahead of time and all this does, is give your opponents (who should have responded before you did) more information.

In this case, suppose Oversoul had a counterspell for the Earthquake. He could have posted this right away, and then Mooseman and Mythosx wouldn't have begun playing all their abilities. He also could have waited until he got priority.

So I'm all for speeding up the game (by saying that you have no responses to anything this turn) but its up to the players to do decide how much information they want to give away and if they want 'cut ahead' without waiting how the other players ahead of them would have reacted.

The only thing I see is that mythosx should have 1 card in hand from successfully using Azami.
Well, people can still to respond to the two abilities Mythosx has played (the red ones) but you are right: chances are, he'll draw a card ;)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Oh, I thought his abilities already resolved.

Well, to speed things up, I don't have any responses to anything.

L

Limited

Considering his cards, I don't think Mooseman has a lot of responses..

Mythosx draws the card.
To reconstruct:
DF plays Earthquake
==Mooseman responds with Kamahl ability
====Mythosx responds by tapping three Wizards to take Kamahl down
====Stack: Earthquake, Kamahl's ability, Three Wizards
==Nobody has any responses, so the Wizards resolve and Kamahl dies.
Nobody has any responses, so Kamahl's ability resolves.
==Oversoul responds by tapping three Wizards (2 for Cinder Elemental, one on DF)
====DF responds by saccing the CE to his High Market
====Stack: Earthquake, Another Three Wizards, DF gains a life
==Nobody has any responses: DF goes to 21
Nobody has any responses: DF goes to 21 and the other two wizards do nothing (CE is already dead)
==Mythosx responds by tapping Information Dealer
==Stack: Earthquake, Information Dealer
Nobody has any responses, Mythosx stacks the top of his deck
==Mythosx responds by tapping Azami
==Stack: Earthquake, Azami
Nobody has any responses, Mythosx draws a card.

Seeing that everybody else has chimed in to say they have no further responses, we only have to await if Mythosx has some more responding to do..

DarthFerret: 20
Library:49
In Play:

(U) Dwarven Hold (5 Counters)
(T) Mountain
(U) Forgotten Cave
(U) Hammerheim (T:R , T: Critter loses landwalk ability)
(U) Shivan Gorge (T:1 2R,T: Deal 1 Dmg to each opponent)

RFG:

Limited: 20
In Play:

(T) Boros Garrison
(U) Mountain
(UT) 2x Plains

(S) Jotun Owl Keeper (3/3 cu-U/W if put into graveyard, I get Bird tokens)

RFG:

Mooseman: 20
In Play:

(TTTTTTTT) 8x Forest
(T) Gaea's Cradle , ( Legendary Land (T: Add G to your mana pool for each creature you control.)

RFG:

mythosx: 20
Hand: 1
In Play:

(T) Information Dealer - (Creature - Wizard)(1/1, T: Look at the top X cards of your library, where X is the number of Wizards in play, then put them back in any order. )
(T) Suq'Ata Firewalker - (Creature - Human Wizard)(1/1, T:Suq'Ata Firewalker deals 1 damage to target creature or player.)
(U) Hisoka's Guard - (Creature - Human Wizard)(1/1, You may choose not to untap Hisoka's Guard during your untap step. 1U,T: As long as Hisoka's Guard remains tapped, target creature you control other than Hisoka's Guard can't be the target of spells or abilities.)
(U) Temporal Adept - (Creature - Human Wizard)(1/1, UUU,T: Return target permanent to its owner's hand.)
(T) Azami, Lady of Scrolls - (Legendary Creature - Human Wizard)(0/2, Tap an untapped Wizard you control: Draw a card.)

Graveyard:
RFG:

Oversoul: 20
In Play:
-(T) Zuran Spellcaster (1/1; T: 1 damage to any target)
-(T) Prodigal Sorcerer (1/1; T: 1 damage to any target)
-(T) Suq'Ata Firewalker (0/1; Red crap can't target this; T: 1 damage to any target)

Graveyard:
RFG:

Spiderman: 17
In Play:

(T,T,U) Swamp x3

(U) Nezumi Cutthroat (2/1, fear, ~ can't block)
(U) Nezumi Shortfang (1/1, 1B, T: target opponent discards a card. Then if that player has no cards in hand, flip ~. FLIP - Stabwhisker the Odious - Legendary Rat Shaman - 3/3 - At the beginning of each opponent's upkeep, that player loses 1 life for each card fewer than 3 in his hand)
(S) Nezumi Shortfang (1/1, 1B, T: target opponent discards a card. Then if that player has no cards in hand, flip ~. FLIP - Stabwhisker the Odious - Legendary Rat Shaman - 3/3 - At the beginning of each opponent's upkeep, that player loses 1 life for each card fewer than 3 in his hand)

Graveyard: Ravenous Rats
RFG:

M

mythosx

yes thats what the stack looks like...I am drawing an answer to the earthquake...

M

mythosx

tap 1 island play spell snare targeting the 1 point earth quake...

D

DarthFerret

Then I will respond by tapping the Hold, removing 2 counters and playing FORK on my Earthquake!

M

mythosx

damn...i thought i only needed one and only stacked on top of my library...tap the aphetto alchemist, untap my information dealer looking at the top 11 cards rearrange...tap the hisoka guard to draw.. tap out and play a second spell snare...

I'm all tapped out cept for a lonely temporal adept...:( :(

D

DarthFerret

Arghhh...ok...will wait for any responses, and will try to finish out this stack (and maybe my turn even) tommorrow evening...

L

Limited

I still don't have any responses (and I would assume that Spiderman and Mooseman have no responses either).

D

DarthFerret

Will wait until this evening for mythosx...although he pretty much said he had nothing left untapped (except one temp. adept.)

L

Limited

Oh I think Mythosx is done and that nobody will respond to him countering the Fork (and the original Earthquake).

So I think you can just finish your turn.