Tribal Game 4

L

Limited

When you played Mind over Matter, I expected that you would also play Arcanis (having a Wizard deck) and figured we would be 'safe' as long as Mythosx had his. But Mind over Matter is strictly a combo-card, so I started attacking you.

Turns out, I wasn't fast enough :(

But Exodus hasn't been released online so the card is actually not legal here.. I figure that when Exodus is released, Mind over Matter will be banned immediately (even Wizards admitted that the card was a mistake)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I think combos are to be expected; not everyone likes to play straight-out creature battles (and some tribes aren't suited for it anyways).

Of course, that means decks might be built to stop combos. It's just the never-ending circle.

It might not be that bad if the Wizards didn't seem to be working in collusion though... even if they aren't in fact, to appearances they are.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Limited said:
When you played Mind over Matter, I expected that you would also play Arcanis (having a Wizard deck) and figured we would be 'safe' as long as Mythosx had his. But Mind over Matter is strictly a combo-card, so I started attacking you.
Oh, believe me, I had every intention of playing Arcanis. But I never drew one.

Anyway, if Mooseman has no responses and no one has any responses when I actually start tapping the Spellcaster and discarding crap (which I had not asked about yet), I'll draw into one of my three other Curiosities, cast it, and be drawing two cards for each one I pitch to untap the Spellcaster. This will leave me with plenty of cards to untap my Islands and cycle between Reminisces for a whole lot of damage.

M

mythosx

Well I dont have the juice to stop it...again...there is only one counterspell on top. he is holding two cards.. which is more than enough to wipe me out. I only ask to be killed last because I was a fellow wizards...

L

Limited

mythosx said:
Well I dont have the juice to stop it...again...there is only one counterspell on top. he is holding two cards.. which is more than enough to wipe me out. I only ask to be killed last because I was a fellow wizards...
Well, at least try to counter the original Curiosity. He might not be holding a Counterspell!

M

mythosx

fine...tap arcanis...draw 3 cards...if no responses to that. ill cast a counter spell with two islands.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Okay, I think I have the board right. And you're not dead from me with my lone guy :rolleyes:

Untap, upkeep, Draw, Swamp, tap out for Ratcatcher, Done.

DarthFerret: 22
Hand: 3
Library:43
In Play:

(U) Desert (1colorless, or tap to deal 1 damage to an attacking critter after it deals it's damage)
(T) Dwarven Hold (5 Counters)
(T) Mountain
(T) High Market (T:1 ; T: sac a critter to get a life)
(U,U) Forgotten Cave
(U) Hammerheim (T:R , T: Critter loses landwalk ability)
(U) Shivan Gorge (T:1 2R,T: Deal 1 Dmg to each opponent)

(U) Skizzik (5/3, Trample, Haste)

Graveyard: Magmasaur, Cinder Elemental, Earthquake, Fork, Spark Elemental, Fireball, Spark Elemental
RFG:

Limited: 20
Hand: 5
Library: 42
In Play:

(TT) 2x Boros Garrison
(U) Mountain
(UU) 2x Plains

(T) Ekundu Cyclops (3/4 if a creature i control attacks, EC must attack)
(T) Sunhome Enforcer (2/4 - 1R: +1/+0 ueot. Spiritlink)
(S) Jotun Owl Keeper (3/3 cu: W/U. If ~ is put into a graveyard, I get Birds)

Graveyard: Sunhome Enforcer, Jotun Owl Keeper, Bloodrock Cyclops, Jotun Owl Keeper, Desolation Giant
RFG:

Mooseman: 15
Library: 33
In Play:

(UUUUUUUUUUU) 11x Forest
(U) Gaea's Cradle , (Legendary Land (T: Add G to your mana pool for each creature you control.)

(U) Seton, Krosan Protector (2/2, Creature - Centaur Druid Legend (Tap an untapped Druid you control: Add G to your mana pool.)

Graveyard:Forest, Skyshroud Claim, Crop Rotation, Thriss: Nantuko Primus, Muscle Burst, Yavimaya Elder, Werebear, Kamahl Fist of Krosa, Hermit Druid, Seton, Krosan Protector, Werebear
RFG:

mythosx: 18
Hand: 4
Library: 37? (this was a quick count. Ill make sure tonight)
In Play:

(TTTTTTTTUUU) Island x11

(T) Arcanis the Omnipotent (Legendary Creature - Wizard)(3/4, T: Draw three cards. UU2: Return Arcanis the Omnipotent to its owner's hand.)
Morph (You may play this face down as a 2/2 creature for . Turn it face up any time for its morph cost.))
(U) Information Dealer (Creature - Wizard)(1/1, T: Look at the top X cards of your library, where X is the number of Wizards in play, then put them back in any order.)
(S) Prodigal Sorcerer (Creature - Human Wizard)(1/1, T: Prodigal Sorcerer deals 1 damage to target creature or player.)
(S) Prodigal Sorcerer (Creature - Human Wizard)(1/1, T: Prodigal Sorcerer deals 1 damage to target creature or player.)

Graveyard: Spell Snare, Spell Snare, Azami Lady of Scrolls, Temporal Adept, Hisoka's Guard, Aphetto Alchemist, Zuran Spellcaster, Suq'Ata Firewalker, Zuran Spellcaster, Information Dealer, Voidmage Prodigy, Counterspell
RFG:

Oversoul: 10
Hand: 2
In Play:
-(U) Saprazzan Skerry (1 counter; T, remove a counter: UU)
-(T, U,U, U, U, U) Island x6
-Mind over Matter (discard a card: tap or untap something)
-(U) Chrome Mox (imprinting Daring Apprentice; T: U)
-(U; 1/1) Zuran Spellcaster (T: 1 damage to something)

Graveyard: Zuran Spellcaster, Prodigal Sorcerer, Suq'Ata Firewalker, Island, Curiosity
RFG:

Spiderman: 14
Hand: 6
Library: 43
In Play:

Night Dealings (Whenever a source you control deals dmg to another player, put that many theft ctrs on ~. 2BB, remove X theft ctrs from ~: Search your library for a nonland card w/converted mana cost X, reveal it, and put it in your hand. Then shuffle your library) * 1 theft ctr *

(T) Rix Maadi, Dungeon Palace (T: Add 1 to your mana pool. 1BR, T: Each player discards a card. Use this ability only when you can play a sorcery)
(T,T,T,T,T) Swamp x5

(U) Ravenous Rats (1/1)
(S) Ratcatcher (4/4, fear, at the beginning of my upkeep, I may search my library for a Rat card, reveal it, and put into my hand and shuffle my library afterwards).

Graveyard: Ravenous Rats, Nezumi Shortfang, Nezumi Shortfang, Nezumi Cutthroat
RFG:

D

DarthFerret

EOT: Tap both Caves and the Hammerheim to tap the Shivan Gorge (1 dmg to everyone)

Untap(Except the hold), Upkeep, Draw, Play a second Skizzik, Swing with one on Mythos, done. (unless he responds...)

In Play:

(U) Desert (1colorless, or tap to deal 1 damage to an attacking critter after it deals it's damage)
(T) Dwarven Hold (6 Counters)
(T) Mountain
(U) High Market (T:1 ; T: sac a critter to get a life)
(T,T) Forgotten Cave
(T) Hammerheim (T:R , T: Critter loses landwalk ability)
(T) Shivan Gorge (T:1 2R,T: Deal 1 Dmg to each opponent)

(T) Skizzik (5/3, Trample, Haste)

Graveyard: Magmasaur, Cinder Elemental, Earthquake, Fork, Spark Elemental, Fireball, Spark Elemental
RFG:

Limited: 20
In Play:

(TT) 2x Boros Garrison
(U) Mountain
(UU) 2x Plains

(T) Ekundu Cyclops (3/4 if a creature i control attacks, EC must attack)
(T) Sunhome Enforcer (2/4 - 1R: +1/+0 ueot. Spiritlink)
(S) Jotun Owl Keeper (3/3 cu: W/U. If ~ is put into a graveyard, I get Birds)

Graveyard: Sunhome Enforcer, Jotun Owl Keeper, Bloodrock Cyclops, Jotun Owl Keeper, Desolation Giant
RFG:

Mooseman: 15
In Play:

(UUUUUUUUUUU) 11x Forest
(U) Gaea's Cradle , (Legendary Land (T: Add G to your mana pool for each creature you control.)

(U) Seton, Krosan Protector (2/2, Creature - Centaur Druid Legend (Tap an untapped Druid you control: Add G to your mana pool.)

Graveyard:Forest, Skyshroud Claim, Crop Rotation, Thriss: Nantuko Primus, Muscle Burst, Yavimaya Elder, Werebear, Kamahl Fist of Krosa, Hermit Druid, Seton, Krosan Protector, Werebear
RFG:

mythosx: 18
In Play:

(TTTTTTTTUUU) Island x11

(T) Arcanis the Omnipotent (Legendary Creature - Wizard)(3/4, T: Draw three cards. UU2: Return Arcanis the Omnipotent to its owner's hand.)
Morph (You may play this face down as a 2/2 creature for . Turn it face up any time for its morph cost.))
(U) Information Dealer (Creature - Wizard)(1/1, T: Look at the top X cards of your library, where X is the number of Wizards in play, then put them back in any order.)

Graveyard: Spell Snare, Spell Snare, Azami Lady of Scrolls, Temporal Adept, Hisoka's Guard, Aphetto Alchemist, Zuran Spellcaster, Suq'Ata Firewalker, Zuran Spellcaster, Information Dealer, Voidmage Prodigy, Counterspell
RFG:

Oversoul: 10
In Play:

Graveyard: Zuran Spellcaster, Prodigal Sorcerer, Suq'Ata Firewalker, Island, Curiosity
RFG:

Spiderman: 14
In Play:

Night Dealings (Whenever a source you control deals dmg to another player, put that many theft ctrs on ~. 2BB, remove X theft ctrs from ~: Search your library for a nonland card w/converted mana cost X, reveal it, and put it in your hand. Then shuffle your library) * 1 theft ctr *

(T) Rix Maadi, Dungeon Palace (T: Add 1 to your mana pool. 1BR, T: Each player discards a card. Use this ability only when you can play a sorcery)
(T,T,T,T,T) Swamp x5

(U) Ravenous Rats (1/1)
(S) Ratcatcher (4/4, fear, at the beginning of my upkeep, I may search my library for a Rat card, reveal it, and put into my hand and shuffle my library afterwards).

RFG:

M

mythosx

ill take the skizzik...what? how come this game is still going? I thought we were all dead? what happened?

L

Limited

Untap, Upkeep (pay W), Draw

Plains

Announcing that I want to go to my combat phase...

Responses anyone?

In Play:

(T) Dwarven Hold (6 Counters)
(T) Mountain
(U) High Market (T:1 ; T: sac a critter to get a life)
(T,T) Forgotten Cave
(T) Hammerheim (T:R , T: Critter loses landwalk ability)
(T) Shivan Gorge (T:1 2R,T: Deal 1 Dmg to each opponent)

(T) Skizzik (5/3, Trample, Haste)

RFG:

Limited: 19
Library: 41
In Play:

(UU) 2x Boros Garrison
(U) Mountain
(UUT) 3x Plains

(U) Ekundu Cyclops (3/4 if a creature i control attacks, EC must attack)
(U) Sunhome Enforcer (2/4 - 1R: +1/+0 ueot. Spiritlink)
(U) Jotun Owl Keeper (3/3 cu: W/U. If ~ is put into a graveyard, I get Birds equal to #counters) *1 ctr*

RFG:

Mooseman: 14
In Play:

(UUUUUUUUUUU) 11x Forest

RFG:

mythosx: 17
In Play:

(TTTTTTTTUUU) Island x11

RFG:

Oversoul: 9
In Play:

RFG:

Spiderman: 13
In Play:

(T,T,T,T,T) Swamp x5

(U) Ravenous Rats (1/1)

RFG:

D

DarthFerret

Just to state a point...I hit everyone for 1 damage on the end of spideys turn...but was not sure of responses so i did not change anyones life totals...

L

Limited

DarthFerret said:
Just to state a point...I hit everyone for 1 damage on the end of spideys turn...but was not sure of responses so i did not change anyones life totals...
I missed that. Edited in my last post above.