Tribal 8 Redux: Spidey vs Mooseman vs Oversoul

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
EOT Ping Oversoul with the Ickspitter.

Untap, upkeep - pay BB, Draw

Attack Oversoul with all for 7 (and gaining 2 life)
Blood Pet
Swamp

Done - get a Thrull token

Spidey: 23
Hand: 4
Library: 43 (top card: Diabolic Edict)
In Play:

(U,U) Scrubland (B/W dual) x2
(U) Badlands (B/R dual)
(T,T,T,U) Swamp x4

Breeding Pit (At the beginning of my upkeep, sac ~ unless I pay BB. At the end of my turn, put a 0/1 black Thrull creature token into play)

(T) Mourning Thrull (2/2 due to Champion, flying, lifelink)
(T) Thrull Champion (3/3 due to ~, Thrull creatures get +1/+1, T: Gain control of target Thrull as long as you control ~)
(T) Rakdos Ickspitter (2/2 due to Champion, T: ~ deals 1 dmg to target creature and that creature's controller loses 1 life)
(S) Blood Pet (2/2 due to Champion, Sac ~: Add B to my mana pool)
(S) Thrull token (1/2 due to Champion)

Graveyard: Demonic Tutor
RFG:

Oversoul: 4
Library: 45 (top card: Rimebound Dead)
In Play:

(T,T,T,T,U) Snow-Covered Swamp x5

(T) Panoptic Mirror (imprinted with Barter in Blood)

Graveyard: Drudge Skeletons, Urborg Skeleton, Drudge Skeletons, Unworthy Dead
RFG:

Mooseman: 20
Hand: 2
Library: 46 (Island)
In Play:

(UTT) Island
(TT) Forest
(T) Faerie Conclave (T: Add U. 1U: Faerie Conclave becomes a 2/1 blue creature with flying until end of turn. This creature still counts as a land.)

Gaea's Anthem (Creatures you control get +1/+1.)

(T) Sprite Noble (3/4 Flying. Other creatures you control with flying get +0/+1. T: Other creatures you control with flying get +1/+0 until end of turn.)
(T) Sprite Noble (3/4 Flying. Other creatures you control with flying get +0/+1. T: Other creatures you control with flying get +1/+0 until end of turn.)
(S) Wizened Snitches (2/6 Flying. Players play with the top card of their libraries revealed.)
(S) Faerie Squadron ( 1/1)

Graveyard: Thornwind Faeries, Wizened Snitches
RFG:

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Untap, upkeep, Barter in Blood off the Mirror, draw, Panoptic Mirror, done.

Attack Oversoul with all for 7 (and gaining 2 life)
Blood Pet
Swamp

Library: 43 (top card: Diabolic Edict)
In Play:

(U) Badlands (B/R dual)
(T,T,T,U) Swamp x4

Breeding Pit (At the beginning of my upkeep, sac ~ unless I pay BB. At the end of my turn, put a 0/1 black Thrull creature token into play)

(T) Thrull Champion (3/3 due to ~, Thrull creatures get +1/+1, T: Gain control of target Thrull as long as you control ~)
(T) Rakdos Ickspitter (2/2 due to Champion, T: ~ deals 1 dmg to target creature and that creature's controller loses 1 life)

RFG:

Library: 44 (top card: Snow-Covered Swamp)
In Play:

(T,T,T,T,T) Snow-Covered Swamp x5

(U) Panoptic Mirror (imprinted with Barter in Blood)
(U) Panoptic Mirror (imprinted with nothing)

RFG:

Library: 46 (Island)
In Play:

(UTT) Island
(TT) Forest
(T) Faerie Conclave (T: Add U. 1U: Faerie Conclave becomes a 2/1 blue creature with flying until end of turn. This creature still counts as a land.)

(S) Wizened Snitches (2/6 Flying. Players play with the top card of their libraries revealed.)
(S) Faerie Squadron ( 1/1)

Graveyard: Thornwind Faeries, Wizened Snitches
RFG:

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
sac Wizened Snitches, Faerie Squadron
Untap, upkeep, draw the Island, play it
Shielding Plax on a Nobel
Draw a card
Shielding Plax on other Nobel
Draw a card
Done

Library: 43
In Play:

(U) Badlands (B/R dual)
(T,T,T,U) Swamp x4

RFG:

Library: 44 (top card: Snow-Covered Swamp)
In Play:

RFG:

In Play:

(TTTT) Island
(TT) Forest
(U) Faerie Conclave (T: Add U. 1U: Faerie Conclave becomes a 2/1 blue creature with flying until end of turn. This creature still counts as a land.)

Shielding Plax (When Shielding Plax comes into play, draw a card. Enchanted creature can't be the target of spells or abilities your opponents control.)
Shielding Plax (When Shielding Plax comes into play, draw a card. Enchanted creature can't be the target of spells or abilities your opponents control.)

(U) Sprite Noble (3/4 Flying. Other creatures you control with flying get +0/+1. T: Other creatures you control with flying get +1/+0 until end of turn.) ~Shielded~
(U) Sprite Noble (3/4 Flying. Other creatures you control with flying get +0/+1. T: Other creatures you control with flying get +1/+0 until end of turn.) ~Shielded~

Graveyard: Thornwind Faeries, Wizened Snitches, Faerie Squadron, Wizened Snitches
RFG:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I sac the Blood Pet and Thrull token to the Barter in Blood.

What is this, you want me to do the dirty work Mooseman?

EOT, Ping Oversoul with the Ickspitter.

Attack Oversoul with the Champion, hopefully for the kill...

Hand: 5
Library: 42
In Play:

(U) Badlands (B/R dual)
(T,T,U,U) Swamp x4

(U) Mourning Thrull (2/2 due to Champion, flying, lifelink)
(U) Rakdos Ickspitter (2/2 due to Champion, T: ~ deals 1 dmg to target creature and that creature's controller loses 1 life)

Graveyard: Demonic Tutor, Blood Pet
RFG:

Oversoul: 3 (0?)
Library: 44
In Play:

RFG:

In Play:

(TTTT) Island
(TT) Forest
(U) Faerie Conclave (T: Add U. 1U: Faerie Conclave becomes a 2/1 blue creature with flying until end of turn. This creature still counts as a land.)

Graveyard: Thornwind Faeries, Wizened Snitches, Faerie Squadron, Wizened Snitches
RFG:

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Unless he has some amazing tech in his hand...I'll take my turn
Of course I want you to do the dirty work..... Actually, I am surprised you did, since his mirror would have taken out my remaining creatures, but left you with 2...... you could have beat me down then.......

Untap, upkeep, draw
Thornwind Faeries
Attack with nobel
Block/Response?

In Play:

(U) Badlands (B/R dual)
(T,T,U,U) Swamp x4

(U) Rakdos Ickspitter (2/2 due to Champion, T: ~ deals 1 dmg to target creature and that creature's controller loses 1 life)

RFG:

Oversoul: 0
In Play:

RFG:

Hand: 1
In Play:

(UTTTT) Island
(TT) Forest

(T) Sprite Noble (4/5 Flying. Other creatures you control with flying get +0/+1. T: Other creatures you control with flying get +1/+0 until end of turn.) ~Shielded~
(U) Sprite Noble (4/5 Flying. Other creatures you control with flying get +0/+1. T: Other creatures you control with flying get +1/+0 until end of turn.) ~Shielded~
(S) Thornwind Faeries (3/5, Flying. T: deal 1 damage to target creature or player.)

RFG:

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
I'm dead, of course. I should have asked to change my deck before restarting. I think it was unfinished, albeit legal, and way worse than it should have been...

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
I think I'm done but my tapped land is all messed up,
Faries are only 1UU
Go

Spidey: 19
In Play:

(U) Badlands (B/R dual)
(T,T,U,U) Swamp x4

RFG:

Oversoul: 0
In Play:

RFG:

In Play:

(UUUTT) Island
(UT) Forest

(T) Sprite Noble (4/5 Flying. Other creatures you control with flying get +0/+1. T: Other creatures you control with flying get +1/+0 until end of turn.) ~Shielded~
(U) Sprite Noble (4/5 Flying. Other creatures you control with flying get +0/+1. T: Other creatures you control with flying get +1/+0 until end of turn.) ~Shielded~
(S) Thornwind Faeries (3/5, Flying. T: deal 1 damage to target creature or player.)

RFG:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
EOT Ping you with the Ickpitter and cast Slaughter w/no buyback on your Faeries. Responses?

In Play:

(T,T) Scrubland (B/W dual) x2
(T) Badlands (B/R dual)
(T,T,T,T) Swamp x4

Graveyard: Demonic Tutor, Blood Pet, Slaughter
RFG:

Mooseman: 19
In Play:

(UUUTT) Island
(UT) Forest

RFG:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member

Attack with the Mourning Thrull
Responses/blocks?

Library: 41
In Play:

(U) Badlands (B/R dual)
(U,U,U,U) Swamp x4

Graveyard: Demonic Tutor, Blood Pet, Slaughter
RFG:

In Play:

(UUUTT) Island
(UT) Forest

Graveyard: Thornwind Faeries, Wizened Snitches, Faerie Squadron, Wizened Snitches, Thornwind Faeries
RFG:

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
the 2/2 mourning thrull dies and the 4/5 Conclave lives....
BTW - you tapped the champion and not the Flying Thrull.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I also gain 2 life.

yeah, I think I forgot to untap my Thrull token too.

Soul Exchange, removing my Thrull token from the game and targeting my Mourning Thrull.
Responses?

Spidey: 21
Hand: 3
In Play:

(U) Badlands (B/R dual)
(T,T,T,T) Swamp x4

Graveyard: Demonic Tutor, Blood Pet, Slaughter, Mourning Thrull, Soul Exchange
RFG:

In Play:

(UUUTT) Island
(UT) Forest

Graveyard: Thornwind Faeries, Wizened Snitches, Faerie Squadron, Wizened Snitches, Thornwind Faeries
RFG:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Well, *I* hope so :)

Mourning Thrull comes back into play with a +2/+2 ctr

In Play:

(U) Badlands (B/R dual)
(T,T,T,T) Swamp x4

(S) Mourning Thrull (4/4 due to Champion and ctr, flying, lifelink) *1 +2/+2 ctr*

RFG:

In Play:

(UUUTT) Island
(UT) Forest

RFG:

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Ugh.....
Untap, upkeep, draw
Gaea's Anthem
Done

In Play:

(U) Badlands (B/R dual)
(T,T,T,T) Swamp x4

(S) Mourning Thrull (4/4 due to Champion and ctr, flying, lifelink) *1 +2/+2 ctr*

RFG:

In Play:

(UUUUT) Island
(TT) Forest

(T) Sprite Noble (5/6 Flying. Other creatures you control with flying get +0/+1. T: Other creatures you control with flying get +1/+0 until end of turn.) ~Shielded~
(U) Sprite Noble (5/6 Flying. Other creatures you control with flying get +0/+1. T: Other creatures you control with flying get +1/+0 until end of turn.) ~Shielded~

RFG:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
EOT Ping you for 1.

Library: 40
In Play:

(U) Badlands (B/R dual)
(T,T,U,U) Swamp x4

(U) Mourning Thrull (4/4 due to Champion and ctr, flying, lifelink) *1 +2/+2 ctr*
(U) Thrull Champion (3/3 due to ~, Thrull creatures get +1/+1, T: Gain control of target Thrull as long as you control ~)
(U) Thrull token (1/2 due to Champion)

RFG:

Mooseman: 18
In Play:

(UUUUT) Island
(TT) Forest

(U) Sprite Noble (5/6 Flying. Other creatures you control with flying get +0/+1. T: Other creatures you control with flying get +1/+0 until end of turn.) ~Shielded~

RFG:

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Untap, upkeep, Draw
Breeding pool CIP tapped

Done

In Play:

(U) Badlands (B/R dual)
(T,T,U,U) Swamp x4

(U) Mourning Thrull (4/4 due to Champion and ctr, flying, lifelink) *1 +2/+2 ctr*
(U) Thrull Champion (3/3 due to ~, Thrull creatures get +1/+1, T: Gain control of target Thrull as long as you control ~)
(U) Thrull token (1/2 due to Champion)

RFG:

Mooseman: 18
In Play:

(UUUUU) Island x5
(UU) Forest x2
(T) Breeding Pool (G or U)

RFG: