Tribal 7

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
It was put into my graveyard from play, triggering its ability.

I'll use my Belbe's Portal to put Zodiac Dragon into play. I'll block the Germinator with the Zodiac and the Sporesower with the Hellkite.

I think you're about to give Moosey another win. But then again, I don't know what else you have up your sleeve...

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Is damage on the stack? IF not, just let me know when it is.

It would seem that I have a good chance with spidey's attempt to take you out, but 1 Lull or Fog and it may be the web-slingers game.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I'm helpless against either of your flying armies, so I figure Oversoul's the stronger one with his recursive ability :)

Sorry, there should have been 1 spore ctrs given during my upkeep from the Sporesower to every Fungus (apparently I've been missing that ability for quite a while now - have any of you guys notice that? :) ) and 1 additional to the Germinator for it's ability.

So that makes 3 ctrs on the Germinator.

During Blockers, I'll make a Saproling token with the Germinator's ctrs. I'll sac it and one of the unblocked Saprolings to give the Germinator +2/+2, making it 9/9 now.

So...

Hellkite (5/5) is blocking Sporesower (7/7 + trample)
Zodiac (8/8) is blocking Germinator (9/9 + trample)
2 Saprolings (4/4 + trample each) are unblocked

If that's correct, then Dmg is on the stack and I pass priority.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Booo... no responses. Germinator dies.

Done.

Oversoul
Life: 14
Hand: 3
Library: 39
In Play:
(U, U) Badlands x2
(T, T) Swamp x2
(T, T, T, T) Mountain x4

(U) Belbe's Portal (3, T: puts a dragon from my hand into play)

Recurring Nightmare (return to hand, sac a creature: return a creature in my graveyard to play)

Graveyard: Terminate, Bogardan Hellkite
RFG: Ryusei the Falling Star, Kokusho the Evening Star, Lightning Dragon, Covetous Dragon, Lightning Dragon, Bogardan Hellkite

Spiderman
Life: 11
Hand: 5
Library: 40
In Play:

(T) Bayou
(T) Swamp
(T,T,T) Forest x3

Night Soil (1, Remove two creature cards from a single graveyard from the game: Put a 1/1 green Saproling creature token into play)

Overrun effect: All creatures I control have +3/+3 and trample ueot

(T) Sporesower Thallid (4/4, At the beginning of my upkeep, put a spore ctr on each Fungus I control. Remove 3 spore ctrs from ~: Put a 1/1 green Saproling creature token into play) *1 spore ctr*
(T) Saproling token (1/1)

Graveyard: Thallid Germinator, Giant Growth, Overrun, Thallid Germinator
RFG: Thallid Devourer, Thallid, Thallid, Thallid Shell-Dweller

Mooseman
Life: 24
Hand: 2
Library:34
In Play:

(UTT) Plains
(TUU) Mountain
(UU) Plateau (T: W or R)
(T) Boros Garrison (T: Add RW)

Land Tax (E, During your upkeep, if an opponent controls more land than you, you may search your library and remove up to three basic land cards and put them into your hand. Reshuffle your library afterwards.)
Glorious Anthem 1WW (E, Creatures you control get +1/+1.)

(T) Granite Gargoyle (3/3, Gargoyle, Flying; R: +0/+1)
(U) Darksteel Gargoyle (4/4, Artifact-Gargoyle, Flying Darksteel Gargoyle is indestructible)
(U) Abbey Gargoyles (4/3, Gargoyle, Flying, protection from red)
(T) Kjeldoran Gargoyle (5/3, Gargoyle, Flying, first strike Whenever Kjeldoran Gargoyle deals damage, you gain that much life.)
(S) Sulfur Elemental (3/2, Elemental, Flash, Split second, White creatures get +1/-1.)
(S) Basalt Gargoyle (3/2, Gargoyle, Flying Echo 2R R: Basalt Gargoyle gets +0/+1 until end of turn.)
(S) Abbey Gargoyles

Graveyard: Lightning Bolt, Sulfur Elemental, Plains, Plains, Blazing Salvo
RFG:

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Untap, upkeep Garrison and plains for echo, draw, MT
Attack Oversouls with
Abbey Gargoyles 4/2
Abbey Gargoyles 4/3
Kjeldoran Gargoyle 5/3
Darksteel Gargoyle 4/4
Responses?

Oversoul
Life: 14
Hand: 3
Library: 39
In Play:
(U, U) Badlands x2
(T, T) Swamp x2
(T, T, T, T) Mountain x4

(U) Belbe's Portal (3, T: puts a dragon from my hand into play)

Recurring Nightmare (return to hand, sac a creature: return a creature in my graveyard to play)

Graveyard: Terminate, Bogardan Hellkite
RFG: Ryusei the Falling Star, Kokusho the Evening Star, Lightning Dragon, Covetous Dragon, Lightning Dragon, Bogardan Hellkite

Spiderman
In Play:

(T) Bayou
(T) Swamp
(T,T,T) Forest x3

Night Soil (1, Remove two creature cards from a single graveyard from the game: Put a 1/1 green Saproling creature token into play)

(T) Sporesower Thallid (4/4, At the beginning of my upkeep, put a spore ctr on each Fungus I control. Remove 3 spore ctrs from ~: Put a 1/1 green Saproling creature token into play) *1 spore ctr*

Mooseman
Life: 24
Hand: 2
Library:35
In Play:

(UUT) Plains
(UUUU) Mountain
(UU) Plateau (T: W or R)
(U) Boros Garrison (T: Add RW)

Land Tax (E, During your upkeep, if an opponent controls more land than you, you may search your library and remove up to three basic land cards and put them into your hand. Reshuffle your library afterwards.)

(U) Granite Gargoyle (3/3, Gargoyle, Flying; R: +0/+1)
(T) Darksteel Gargoyle (4/4, Artifact-Gargoyle, Flying Darksteel Gargoyle is indestructible)
(T) Abbey Gargoyles (4/3, Gargoyle, Flying, protection from red)
(T) Kjeldoran Gargoyle (5/3, Gargoyle, Flying, first strike Whenever Kjeldoran Gargoyle deals damage, you gain that much life.)
(U) Sulfur Elemental (3/2, Elemental, Flash, Split second, White creatures get +1/-1.)
(U) Basalt Gargoyle (3/2, Gargoyle, Flying Echo 2R R: Basalt Gargoyle gets +0/+1 until end of turn.)

RFG:

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Then Oversoul takes 17 damage and I gain 5

Ivory Gargoyle
Done

Spiderman
In Play:

(T) Bayou
(T) Swamp
(T,T,T) Forest x3

Mooseman
Life: 29
Hand: 1
In Play:

(TTT) Plains
(UUUU) Mountain
(UT) Plateau (T: W or R)

(T) Darksteel Gargoyle (4/4, Artifact-Gargoyle, Flying Darksteel Gargoyle is indestructible)
(U) Sulfur Elemental (3/2, Elemental, Flash, Split second, White creatures get +1/-1.)
(U) Basalt Gargoyle (3/2, Gargoyle, Flying Echo 2R R: Basalt Gargoyle gets +0/+1 until end of turn.)
(S) Ivory Gargoyle (2/2, Gargoyle, Flying If Ivory Gargoyle is put into the graveyard from play, put it into play under owner's control at end of turn and skip your next draw phase.
4W: Remove Ivory Gargoyle from the game.)

RFG:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Ah, I wasn't counting the Glorious Anthem effect on the creatures...

I'm about to leave for the weekend, so we'll probably end it on Monday.

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Fixed the Ivory Gargoyle for it being white and under my control.

Spiderman
In Play:

(T) Bayou
(T) Swamp
(T,T,T) Forest x3

Mooseman
Life: 29
Hand: 1
In Play:

(TTT) Plains
(UUUU) Mountain
(UT) Plateau (T: W or R)

(S) Ivory Gargoyle (4/3, Gargoyle, Flying If Ivory Gargoyle is put into the graveyard from play, put it into play under owner's control at end of turn and skip your next draw phase.
4W: Remove Ivory Gargoyle from the game.)

RFG:

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Spiderman said:
You should have been attacking Mooseman then instead of DF...
I doubt it. DF kept constantly putting up assassins for me to get rid of. If I'd attacked Mooseman, Mooseman would have blocked with indestructable gargoyles while DF picked my creatures out of the sky and/or stole them. Unless I got one of them going after someone else, I'd make myself vulnerable. I don't know what possessed me to only pack one Kokusho... :(

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Both DF and I had pro-red (he stole one of mine) and I had the indestructable one. It was tough for you to get going and the land tax really helped my deck, that card is so good in multi-player.
But you had to take out DF, as he could kill your creatures without attacking....

Spidey, unless you have some tricks up your sleeve, your attack on Oversoul definately helped me. I was going to whittle him down with the pro-red guys and try to take you out with the life gaining flyer.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
I was probably incapable of beating Moosey without Kokusho, now that I look at my decklist. My only hope would have been for Spidey to go after him instead, but then I guess Spidey would have been trading 2nd place for 2nd place...