Train vs Azreal

A

Azreal the Soulmaster

Untap, Draw. Play a mountain. tap my forest to play briar shield on my wall o' roots. done.

Train: 20
Library: 39
Hand: 4
Play: Sw x2(UT), Pl(T), Parapet (all mine get +0/+1), Cadaverous Knight (2/3 flanking BB1:Reg.)
GY:
RFG:

Azreal: 20
Library: 32
Hand: 5
Play: Fst, Mt, Mt(TUU) Wall of Roots(1/6, put -0/-1 counter to add G. use only once a turn)(briar shield, +1+1, can sac to give +0+3)
Grave:
RFG:

T

train

Untap, upkeep, draw...
play angelic renewal.. play phyrexian walker, done...

Library: 38
Hand: 3
Play: Sw x2(UT), Pl(T), Parapet (all mine get +0/+1), Cadaverous Knight (2/3 flanking BB1:Reg.), Phyrexian Walker (0/4), Angelic Renewal(when cre to gy, sac, return to play..)
GY:
RFG:

Library: 32
Hand: 5
Play: Fst, Mt, Mt(TUU) Wall of Roots(1/6, put -0/-1 counter to add G. use only once a turn)(briar shield, +1+1, can sac to give +0+3)
Grave:
RFG:

A

Azreal the Soulmaster

Untap. Upkeep. Draw. Play a forest. put a counter on wall o' roots, tap out to play hulking cyclops. done.

Library: 38
Play: Sw x2(UT), Pl(T), Parapet (all mine get +0/+1), Cadaverous Knight (2/3 flanking BB1:Reg.), Phyrexian Walker (0/4), Angelic Renewal(when cre to gy, sac, return to play..)
GY:
RFG:

Library: 31
Play: Fst, Fst, Mt, Mt(TTTT) Hulking Cyclops(5/5, can't block) Wall of Roots(1/5, put -0/-1 counter to add G. use only once a turn(1counter))(briar shield, +1+1, can sac to give +0+3)
Grave:
RFG:

T

train

Untap, upkeep, draw, play breathstealer... done...

Library: 37
Play: Sw x2(TT), Pl(T), Parapet (all mine get +0/+1), Cadaverous Knight (2/3 flanking BB1:Reg.), Phyrexian Walker (0/4), Angelic Renewal(when cre to gy, sac, return to play..), Breathstealer (2/3, B;+1/-1)
GY:
RFG:

Library: 31
Play: Fst, Fst, Mt, Mt(TTTT) Hulking Cyclops(5/5, can't block) Wall of Roots(1/5, put -0/-1 counter to add G. use only once a turn(1counter))(briar shield, +1+1, can sac to give +0+3)
Grave:
RFG:

A

Azreal the Soulmaster

Untap, Upkeep. Draw. Tap a forest to play a granger guildmage. end turn.

Library: 37
Play: Sw x2(TT), Pl(T), Parapet (all mine get +0/+1), Cadaverous Knight (2/3 flanking BB1:Reg.), Phyrexian Walker (0/4), Angelic Renewal(when cre to gy, sac, return to play..), Breathstealer (2/3, B;+1/-1)
GY:
RFG:

Library: 30
Play: Fst, Fst, Mt, Mt(TUUU) Hulking Cyclops(5/5, can't block) Wall of Roots(1/5, put -0/-1 counter to add G. use only once a turn(1counter))(briar shield, +1+1, can sac to give +0+3)Granger Guildmage(1/1 R, T: 1 damage to target, 1 to me)
Grave:
RFG:

B

BigBlue

nice creature stalemate... when something breaks this could be quick...

Don't see your guildmage az in your play area... :)

T

train

Untap, upkeep, draw - Funeral Charm your guildmage... choosing the +2/-1... play Wall of Resistance... done...

Library: 36
Hand: 2
Play: Sw x2(TT), Pl(T), Parapet (all mine get +0/+1), Cadaverous Knight (2/3 flanking BB1:Reg.), Phyrexian Walker (0/4), Angelic Renewal(when cre to gy, sac, return to play..), Breathstealer (2/3, B;+1/-1), Wall of Resistance(0/4, when dmg, at eot, add +0/+1 ctr. (0 ctrs.))
GY: Funeral Charm
RFG:

Library: 30
Play: Fst, Fst, Mt, Mt(TUUU) Hulking Cyclops(5/5, can't block) Wall of Roots(1/5, put -0/-1 counter to add G. use only once a turn(1counter))(briar shield, +1+1, can sac to give +0+3)
Grave: Granger Guildmage
RFG:

A

Azreal the Soulmaster

Untap. Upkeep. Draw. Play a Bloodrock Cyclops and Play mortal wound on your wall o' resistance. done.

Library: 36
Play: Sw x2(TT), Pl(T), Parapet (all mine get +0/+1), Cadaverous Knight (2/3 flanking BB1:Reg.), Phyrexian Walker (0/4), Angelic Renewal(when cre to gy, sac, return to play..), Breathstealer (2/3, B;+1/-1), Wall of Resistance(0/4, when dmg, at eot, add +0/+1 ctr. (0 ctrs.))(when damage is done. destroy it)(mortal wound)
RFG:

Library: 29
Play: Fst, Fst, Mt, Mt(TUUU) Hulking Cyclops(5/5, can't block) Wall of Roots(1/5, put -0/-1 counter to add G. use only once a turn(1counter))(briar shield, +1+1, can sac to give +0+3) Bloodrock Cylops(3/3, must attack if able)
RFG:

T

train

Untap, Upkeep, Draw, play swamp, done...

Library: 35
Play: Sw x3(UUU), Pl(U), Parapet (all mine get +0/+1), Cadaverous Knight (2/3 flanking BB1:Reg.), Phyrexian Walker (0/4), Angelic Renewal(when cre to gy, sac, return to play..), Breathstealer (2/3, B;+1/-1), Wall of Resistance(0/4, when dmg, at eot, add +0/+1 ctr. (0 ctrs.))(when damage is done. destroy it)(mortal wound)
RFG:

Library: 29
Play: Fst, Fst, Mt, Mt(TUUU) Hulking Cyclops(5/5, can't block) Wall of Roots(1/5, put -0/-1 counter to add G. use only once a turn(1counter))(briar shield, +1+1, can sac to give +0+3) Bloodrock Cylops(3/3, must attack if able)
RFG:

A

Azreal the Soulmaster

Untap. Upkeep Draw. Play a Forest. Play a wild elephant, put that forest into the bin. attack with bloodrock cyclops and hulking cyclops(fear the one eyes!)

Play: Sw x3(UUU), Pl(U), Parapet (all mine get +0/+1), Cadaverous Knight (2/3 flanking BB1:Reg.), Phyrexian Walker (0/4), Angelic Renewal(when cre to gy, sac, return to play..), Breathstealer (2/3, B;+1/-1), Wall of Resistance(0/4, when dmg, at eot, add +0/+1 ctr. (0 ctrs.))(when damage is done. destroy it)(mortal wound)
RFG:

Library: 28
Play: Fst, Fst, Mt, Mt(TUUU) Hulking Cyclops(5/5, can't block)(T) Wall of Roots(1/5, put -0/-1 counter to add G. use only once a turn(1counter))(briar shield, +1+1, can sac to give +0+3) Bloodrock Cylops(3/3, must attack if able)(T)Wild Elephant(3/3 CIP bury a forest)
RFG:

T

train

Block the bloodrock with the wall of resistance... Block the hulking with the Knight...

A

Azreal the Soulmaster

Okay. I'm finished. I forgot all about that angelic renewal in play...I have a feeling that'll cost me.

T

train

yeah - I'll regen, and lose the wall, get the wall...

untap, upkeep, draw, done...

Play: Sw x3(UUU), Pl(U), Parapet (all mine get +0/+1), Cadaverous Knight (2/3 flanking BB1:Reg.), Phyrexian Walker (0/4), Breathstealer (2/3, B;+1/-1), Wall of Resistance(0/4, when dmg, at eot, add +0/+1 ctr. (0 ctrs.))
GY: Funeral Charm, Angelic Renewal
RFG:

Library: 28
Play: Fst, Fst, Mt, Mt(TUUU) Hulking Cyclops(5/5, can't block)(T) Wall of Roots(1/5, put -0/-1 counter to add G. use only once a turn(1counter))(briar shield, +1+1, can sac to give +0+3) Bloodrock Cylops(3/3, must attack if able)(T)Wild Elephant(3/3 CIP bury a forest)
Grave: Granger Guildmage, Mortal Wound
RFG:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I would say yes while the game is still going on. It would be like having a spectator pointing out bad plays over your shoulder in real life.

T

train

Nevermind this post - I'm retarded... I did it right the first time, but got confused and thought I did it wrong...:rolleyes:

B

BigBlue

Ok....

Call me dense....

But....

Wall blocked Cyclops. Wall get's damage from the Cyclops, Mortal Wound Destroys the Wall, Wall goes to GY, Train Sacrifices Renewal to return the Wall to play.... This is a new wall which never rec'd any damage, so it doesn't get a counter.

What's illegal about that? Or is there something I'm not seeing here.

I think I know what Isty was thinking... and that's not it....

I

Istanbul

Wall of Resistance comes back into play as a 0/4 (because of Parapet) with no counters on it.

BigBlue is correct. He's also correct that that's not what I meant.

T

train

Okay - so I did it right the first time... I'll edit the above post... sorry guys - it's been a while...:rolleyes: