Time for me to say goodbye

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
And I'm not saying each isn't entitled to their own "alone" time to do whatever. All I'm saying is that you're not alone, you have two people with both conflicting and together-type stuff and you have to balance it, which leads to compromises here and there.

Actually, Almindhra, you should try spending the majority of the day apart and get together in the evenings. That'd be more like it :) (for a couple months...)

R

rkoelsch

My wife and I did a lot of talking over the weekend. And the good news is I am not giving up Magic. The bad news is I had to take a serious look at the amount of time I was spending and it wasn't good. It is a hobby but a hobby I had let consume way too much time. Now that blue/white might be viable I just have to play. But I am going to approach it as the scrub I am instead of aspiring Pro. Well thanks again and see ya around.

Killer Joe

I have two 'little ones' (ages 5 and 2), they DO consume alot of my time, but I love it, and, when I want to spend time goldfishing/playtesting I bring the kids down to the cellar with me (we have TV, games, and big area down there for them to run around like maniacs). It keeps my wife satisfied because I'm taking them off her hands AND still getting the chance to deck build or whatever.
She doesn't like Magic and hates it when I go out to play, but I DO make many concessions for it.
Time alone for us? Well, when you do have children, you can forget about time alone for about 20 yrs.
As for rkoelsch, I'm glad you're not giving it up. Jokingly or not, I, too, have a deep dream of making the pro-tour (Shut-Up Ally!). But I know the realities, so I'll just keep p[laying magic however I can get it.

A

Almindhra

Originally posted by Yellowjacket
I, too, have a deep dream of making the pro-tour (Shut-Up Ally!).
heh heh...When you learn how to play black, maybe, just maybe, you'll know how to be a good Magic player...

( PS, I love my new black/red discard deck!, and Luke's deck is unbelievable )

E

EricBess

Glad to see you won't be quitting.

A general comment, Magic is definitely not worth ruining your family over. Wives (and husbands) need time too. Anything that spins out of control and becomes an addiction is definitely a bad thing. Therefore, I am also glad to see that you will be toning down your playing to meet your wives needs.

I have a wife and 3 1/2 children, so I have to be very careful to balance how much I play to make sure I am spending enough time with the family.

Keep smiling :)

R

Rando

Wish I could help, but my wife also plays magic, so the time I spend on it has never been a problem. But, I spend way more time then she does, and she never goes to tournaments either. None the less, we've never had a dispute over it.

I'm trying to get to the point, but I don't think that I have one, so I'll shut up now.

D

Duel

Well, I'm glad you're staying. After all, wives are fleeting, but WOTC is forever (J/K!)

D

dw51688

Yep that's what spidey's are for.

[me]asks Spidey the secret of the thwip[/me]

D

Duel

Anyways, I apologize to all you wives, surfing magic sites online (All 3 of you).

Good to keep you here, rk!

"I'm catching up, spidey....."