This is the craziest idea, but I have to tell...

D

DÛke

Yes, I have to tell:).
You might think I'm crazy because of this, so, be warned.

Ok, just as typing a message somewhere in the CPA, this crazy idea poped up in my head.

What if the CPA could arrange a meeting, like in a specified location or something, and all of its active memebers could meet there? You know, like a reunion. We just meet for one whole day of fun, fun, fun, fun, fun, and some more fun. We could play Magic all day, and make jokes too, everything! It's like a party, for Magic people:)!

I know it's crazy, and it would probably never happen, but wouldn't it be great if it could happen? I want to meet most of you people in here and talk to you in person rather than your screen name.
Wouldn't it be great to see the people you spend hours with, but not knowing what they really are like? You can't tell much from screen names or the way a person writes, but you could tell a lot if you can meet them in person.

Again, I know this could never happen, due to schedules, expense, and all the other problems that could occur, but what the hell, if there was miracles, than this would be a great one!

I don't know, but I just had to tell you people about this...

Z

Zadok001

Well, I'd love to... Unfortunately, our members are so widespread, the probability approaches zero. In general, the only CPA members who live near each other are ones who introduced each other to the CPA. There are a few exceptions (Orgg, I think you met Istanbul?), but not many. I would really enjoy meeting all these people, though...

D

DÛke

...I know it's impossible, but I think it would be cool if it could ever (which will never) happen.

Now only if I had about $1,000,000,000, then, I could transport all of you people to St.Louis, and we could all meet there, ofcourse, food will be on me:). Too bad I can't afford it. Ooops, now that I think about it, I don't think anyone at the CPA can! Dang it!

All I have to say is: :).

Ed Sullivan

CPA Founder, Web Guy
Staff member
Look WAAAAAAY back in some forum - I forget which. Suggestions comes to mind.

Someone suggested this :D

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Great idea in theory.

Chances of me attending even if it was in my house: 0.000001% :D (I have very minimal free time...)

C

Cateran Emperor

I'd love it, but there are some members who should probably NEVER meet in real life :D

A

Almindhra

Hmmm, I can think of a couple...

I have met Yellowjacket...He was my music teacher for a couple of years...And Gamalon, he doesn't post on here much, but thats my bf...But I really would love to meet people...What about Origins?...I know its a long way off (July), but thats a gamers heaven!...And we could meet there, and meet each other, but theres so much to do there too...I really think it would be great...

P

Purple_jester

It would be nice. Meeting at a game convention would probably be the best idea. Especially since there's not much worth attending the events at Origins or GenCon since WOTC's in charge (at least from the gripes I've been reading). We could just spend time getting acquainted. :)

Wait a minute. What am I saying? No chance in hell of participating in a live reunion when you live on the other side of the world. Darn. :(

G

Griffith_se

So,

I take it that in Your profile SEA is not Seattle. South East Asia perhaps? Your E-mail ends with .COM.PH (I'm guessing Phillippines ?)
Did I guess good?

[Edited by Griffith_se on August 28th, 2000 at 12:25 PM]

R

Riva Iron-Grip

how many people live in california, cuz if they do, then we could meet up someplace like san jose, or monterey. that would be the best. then we could play magic or do something productive. but it WOULD be cool to meet alot of you guys. well, who lives in california?

A

Apollo

Hmm, it'd be cool.

But you'd probably all hate me in real life. Here, I think about everything before other people see it. In real life, it just comes out :)

[Edited by Apollo on August 28th, 2000 at 09:14 PM]

R

Riva Iron-Grip

hey man that's cool you live life by the seat of your pants. i do the samething. i dont anyone could hate you for that

N

nanokill

Hey riva where in california do you live. I live in new mexico and am going to be going to the magic conventions held in california soon

D

Duel

Sure, you can all come over on saturday? k? Feel free to drop by. Seriously. Anyone want to come, e-mail me. this saturday.

R

Rando

You head out on West I-70, and I'll head out on East I-70, and we'll meet up at a Stucky's or something around Columbia. How's 'bout it?
Well seriously, if you go to the Invasion Pre-release at The Fantasy Shop in St. Charles, I'll probably see you there.

W

Whimsical

but like Purple's problem ... it's a tad bit hard to attend a get-together on the other side of the planet. Maybe if I click these new red heels I bought yesterday together thrice and say, "There's no place like home, there's no place like home, there's no place like home..."

Uh-oh. Why are there apes pointing ray guns at me?