The united states should be conquered by canada and mexico

should the United States be subverted and given to canada and mexico?

• yes, the US would be a better place if it were part of a unified North America

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, I think that the US is great and best and has every right to misrepresent, misinform, and mistre

• That would be nice. Or wouldn't. Maybe. Ehh, can I eat my pizza now?

• You need to get some sleep.

• Total voters
T

train

I think Ferret was being held at gunpoint and forced to type those words into the computer by Mel Gibson and Julia Roberts...

Wouldn't you let her hold you at gunpoint???;)

Still, I'm not so sure about Mel Gibson being there at the same time...:eek:

Ferret

Staff member
Actually, I'm not listening to any conspiracy theories. I'm one of the people that's writing them...

Remember, if you will, the book 1984 by George Orwell. You have a whole country of slaves that are totally brainwashed by their government and free-thinkers ar ostracized and hunted down. Meanwhile, the country is at war w/ an unknown enemy named Eurasia.

Now, let's look at the way things are now. For the most part, people in this country are Sheep. They cannot think for themselves. They allow Tv to tell them what to watch, buy, think. We are getting to the point where telephones, televisions, and computers are almost linked completely. It's only a matter of time before the Government tries to completely regulate the Internet - or even worse, some huge corporation (Microsoft, Disney, et nauseum). And, most importantly, we have a war w/ an unknown enemy: Terrorism. They can be anywhere - in other countries, in our country, in our own homes. Thank goodness, we have a Homeland Security Force being formed to "protect" us.

...and all of this because Evil Terrorists destroyed a New York monument and demolished an almost unpopulated part of a govermnent building...

-Ferret

"...I'm not paranoid - just observant..."

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Don't listen to yourself! :)

Seriously, like I said in your other thread in Off-Topic about sheep, I think that's a too sweeping generalization. If anything, I would call the masses "stupid" if they're thinking they have to buy this or that (and I think that's more to peer pressure or keeping up with the Joneses rather than they have to buy it or "else") and no one's stopping them from learning otherwise, whereas the connotation from 1984 is that they are prevented from learning otherwise (I haven't read it so I don't know, that's just the impression it gives me when people raise it as an example).

And like I said before, the government and business are not always in cahoots with each other, so that's two of the "enemy" fighting amongst themselves; not exactly what you would think from your picture :)

Ferret

Staff member
No, I'm serious. I've been working in the Customer Service industry for over a decade and I know that people, for the most part, are stupid. I go to the mall and see kids dressed up like their favourite Empty Vee personalities. I see adults mindlessly eating what the local newscasters preach as facts. I've seen Catholics.

Trust me when I say that the average American is utterly petrified to think for themselves.

-Ferret

"...I didn't know they reprinted Ivory Tower..."

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
The problem with Customer Service is that you usually only get the problem calls, no? Not the good experience ones generally? So what you'd really need to do is break down the percentage of who calls with problems (and I'm guessing dumb problems from your statement :) ) vs the total number of people who actually buy the product.

Dressing up? I don't think that's anything new, just perhaps now a bit more exposed.

Not that newscasters can't be wrong, but generally that's the whole purpose of the news: to boil it down for you so you don't have to. The average person generally does not have time to hunt for x amount of sources on each and every topic.

Catholics? That just makes me LOL; nothing I can really say there ;)

To each his own; just don't be caught in the trap of thinking that just because one questions the standard, that makes one more intelligent. Even if one questions it, one might find out that there is truly nothing more than what is already being said.

Ferret

Staff member
Actually, I've always been pretty cynical. In high school, I would look at all of the little groups and realised that most of them were people that turned off their brains just to belong to a group. For those of you still in high school, take a long hard look at the people around you. How many of them do you really think have the capability to put together an independent thought?

Now, let's get a little younger. Whenever you go to a gaming store that has tables to play at ever notice how many kids are playing Pokemon? They play the games constantly go crazy waiting for the next set to come out...well, okay that sounds a lot like us. But, you get my point...

-Ferret

"...Republicans, Democrats, Liberals, Conservatives, Pro Tour Players..."

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Actually, I haven't seen a lot of kids playing Pokemon lately (or Magic). Either I'm going at the wrong time or it's not as heavy in my area :)

Besides, it's just a "kids phase". They start with Blue's Clues and Teletubbies, move up to Barney and Sesame Street, and slowly get into cartoons like Pokemon or Digimon or Power Rangers.

And if you're unhappy with that, the real blame should be laid at the parents who use the TV as a "babysitter" :)

E

EricBess

There have been a lot of kids playing Yu Gi Oh around here recently.

T

train

You guys are geniuses...

Call WOTC - I can see it now!!!

Blues Clues - The CCG!!!

In stores and brainwashing minds soon!!!:D

Ferret

Staff member
Thank you for helping me make my point. Many parents are so lazy doing things w/ their pathetic lives that they allow their children to become mindless zombies to all of the crap on television. They absorb everything shown in the commercials (and the 30 second blurbs shown between them) and start screaming "I want! I want!" at the children...

-Ferret

"...or 'Yo Quiro!' in Miami..."

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
That's actually not making your point. Bad parenting doesn't necessarily go hand-in-hand with stupidity and being a mindless sheep :)

T

train

Bad Parents that are stupid and follow shepherds would though, right?:p

Ferret

Staff member
Exactly, my locomotive friend!

Bad parents lead to children being sheep. These children grow up nice an obedient drones for the corporations and whatever group wants to control their minds...

-Ferret

"...what was the original topic of this thread?"

Ferret

Staff member
Not yet - I almost fear having them in the world we live in, today...

-Ferret

"
...encourage freedom of thought - even if it disagrees w/ yours..."

T

train

I have 2 - both girls - 7 and 3...

I also have a 15' tall razor-wire topped concrete wall surrounding the perimeter of our land... 4 Automatic 4 inch cannons, 1 on each side of the house, And an arsenal of weapons using heat-sensitive targeting systems that make sure my girls are well protected from that creature known as boys...

That said - I split from following the Shepherd long ago... ;)

Ferret

Staff member
Whoa. Two girls. In about five or six years you're going to enter hell. One will be thinking about dating and the other will want to start acting like her big sister.

My wife started dating pretty young and already she's thinking about keeping our kids away from boys, Empty Vee, and R rated films until they're at least 17...

-Ferret

"...sound advice considering my mom and two older sisters have a combined eleven marriages..."