The Second Round of CPA's Tag Game!

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
I thought it was supposed to be at the bottom of the post though. What's with KJ and Ransac putting it in the title of their posts (even though the game hasn't started yet).

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
I'm not playing it, yet. Just getting used to it. :D

Does it matter where the "Tag Guard" line is?

Ransac, cpa trash man

O

orgg

Yes. Put it at the bottom of the post. This is to make the game slightly more difficult.

Posts on other forums, you simply link to the kill in that thread. Simple Enough.

Spidy, this is the Other Stuff forum list: here

Killer Joe

I'm in!

Okay, NOW I read the rules!

This is my weapon?

This is my ASCII weapon----->

...because I don't know what ASCII is :(

and now heres my: Tag Guard

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
ASCII is a code of some sort that I never bothered fully understanding, but the important thing is that some geeks started making art using the characters from ASCII, and now the term is synonymous with anything made using such characters, for example, I drew a bat, Ransac drew a squirrel, and Turgy drew a shuttlecock. I guess your weapon is a spear or something...

turgy22

Nothing Special
Nerd Alert!

ASCII stands for American Standard Code for Information Exchange. ASCII characters are basically the same characters you use in real life. It has letters and numbers and punctuation and other special characters. So why the acronym?

Originally, computers were programmed in binary, which represented states of transistors: off (0) or on (1). As transistors got smaller and computers got faster, binary was built upon and replaced with hexadecimal. Hex is a base-16 numerical system, using characters 0-F. Each character actually translates down a level into binary (0 = 0000, 1 = 0001, 2 = 0010, ... , F = 1111). Well, as the programmers built upon these base systems, they decided it would be easier for most users to program in characters they could understand (a.k.a. English) so a system was devised to assign real characters into two-digit hex values. These "real" characters are called ASCII. So when you type an "A" on your keyboard, your computer sees "41" in hex.

As to why people call character drawings on their computers ASCII drawings, I have no idea. Like most computer terminology, my guess is it started with computer geek slang since most people don't look at what they're typing and think of it as ASCII.

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Okay, I got one..... Not the best, but WTH.
When does this start?

.....__________
.../................/\
./__________/....\
|..TRANS.....|\.../
|.MOGRIFIER|..\/
|_________.|/

tag guard

D

DarthFerret

Reading the first post, it appears that it starts on Tuesday, the 25th. (that is next tuesday if you do not have a calendar (blackberry, pda, etc) in front of you. With Killer Joe added to orgg's list (whenever he gets to it I guess...<snicker>) that makes 9 players so far.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
turgy22 said:
ASCII stands for American Standard Code for Information Exchange.
Not exchange, but interchange. I may not be a computer nerd, but I can see that "exchange" does not start with an "i." :p

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
Question about placing the Tag Guard:

As you know, I have the famous tag "Ransac, cpa trash man" at the end of every one of my posts. The "Tag Guard" is supposed to go at the bottom of the post. Can I still place my "Ransac, cpa trash man" after my "Tag Guard" and still be protected?

tag guard

Ransac, cpa trash man

Killer Joe

It just says "the bottom of your post"

Does that mean at the beginning of the bottom of your post or "during" the bottom of your post or the "clean-up" step of the bottom of your post. No one knows? Who knows out there?

O

orgg

The VERY BOTTOM, as in, no text (beyond your signature) after it.

By the way, Sac-Man, you have "CPA Trash Man" in your signature as the first line. Just, y'know, saying.

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
I've also got it as my nickname underneath my username on the left. Just making sure everyone remembers who picks up their trash around here. :D

Ransac, cpa trash man

tag guard

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Homestar said:
Darnit guys for some reason my wepon comes out all screwed up so im just gonna sit this one out =P
Just post what you have here and someone can help you fix it. I'll try, since I got mine to work.

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
Victim #1: Mooseman

:D

Ransac, cpa trash man

AND, even though I know it doesn't matter in "Other Stuff" threads...

tag guard

turgy22

Nothing Special
Do we have an official final list of all the players?

EDIT: Nevermind, I made up the list below for everyone's convenience:
Orgg
DarthFerret
Ransac
Spiderman
Turgy22
Oversoul
Mooseman (killed already)
Killer Joe

So 7 players remain.

Tag Guard

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
Don't know, but the game started today and Mooseman submitted the "Box" tag.

Ransac, cpa trash man

tag guard