The other Hobbies...

F

FoundationOfRancor

Apparently, I don't post enough.

Now, before this gets shoved into the Classic Forum, I want to say that this isn't just a casual vote. I want explanation! Description! Anything non-sexual I want described in detail. Why you like it? why you do it? what's cool about it? And what would you change about it if you could?

Ok, heres the question:

All of us here have the hobbies of Magic. 'Tis a good hobbies, a noble one. Now, Magic fills up a lot of free time, but not *all* of it. What does the CPA Citizen do on their off-school/work, off-magic hours?

Ill make a good example and begin:

I really like to read. My favorite Author is probably Stephen King, just because my mom has all his books.

I'm a big movie fan, and I love to comment on the photography and cinematography (sp?)

I really like to film things, and I'm involved with my schools television channel program (yes, we actually have one)

Ok...what about you guys?

D

Darsh

Well like FoR I like to read and watch movies but I also play a lot of videogames and listen to music (usually at the same time)...oh and visit this lovely site..:)

D

DÛke

...Magic is not my thing. I just happen to be at the CPA.

...I write a lot of poetry and short horror stories. Sometimes I get myself drunk (I get myself drunk easily by drinking alot of cidar), go into a delirium, and come up with the most wonderfully enigmatic stuff an eye could ever read.

...I occasionally play video-games. My brother owns a Sega Dreamcast or whatever...

...My favorite thing to do is to sit down, relax, play one of my Enigma/Delerium/Mike Oldfield CDs and just sail my self into a deep trance. I'll wake up whenever, all replenished and energized...

...I also kick-box, and I kick-butt too...that's why I need my trance...it's good physically and mentally...DUH!

H

Hetemti

Dang, DUke, you sound exactly like my friend, (CPA handle: Goku) save the drunkedness...

...anyway, me...

...well...

...hmmm...

...I play a decent amount of Unreal Tournament, but my modem gets the best of me.

...that's bout it.

...my life is really boring. :(

A

Apollo

Other hobbies?! You mean, there are things out there other than Magic??? Gasp! Shock! Horror!

Jest aside, I also play MLB Showdown, visit this site...

I play video games (PS2), listen to music...

I play soccer and tennis on teams, and many other sports more casually with my friends...

and that's me. Ta-da!

G

Gerode

I like to go skiing. I go travelling to Whistler and other nearby skiing areas several times a year. I'm also learning golf, having failed miserably at every team sport I have attempted to play.

I spend too much time on the internet.

I've started to teach myself programming, but I haven't had a lot of time/been to lazy lately.

I like to sleep, which I should be doing now...

E

Elrond

I read, a lot. My favorite author is David Gemmel followed closely by Stephen King.

I also spend too much time on the computer, which has lately been devoted to DiabloII, can't wait for the expansion, and I watch way too much tv.

P

Purple_jester

Let's see.

Role-playing games. I spend more time with RPG's than Magic. All kinds of RPG's. My favorites are Rage, Vampire, D&D and numerous home-made game systems that my playing group and I concoct. My current character is a martial artist whose style is based on Kuruda-style Annihilation Technique.

There's also anime'. Lots of anime. I have a lot of access to virtually uncensored anime here. I watch my Dragonball Z and Sailor Moon without cuts.

I play the PS too, but I limit myself entirely to RPG-style games. Big fan of the Final Fantasy series.

I also read a lot of Fantasy novels. My favorite authors are David Eddings, Tolkien, Weis and Hickman, and Piers Anthony. Proud owner of every Xanth novel except the first. (It WILL be mine one day...)

Oh, and I do a lot of swimming during the summer months. ;)

T

theorgg

I, like many other people who play Magic, love to read. My favourite author is Terry Pratchett, who can turn a humourus novel much better than Dave Berry(Big Trouble is his novel attempt), and has some social commentary and intereting "race quirks" that he works into the story excellently.

Another hobby of mine is fiddling around with the computer, as can be seen in Mr. T vs Magic: the gathering and Mr. T vs Jonny Bravo.

Another hobby of mine is other kinds of games. Personally, I'm really liking the Cheapass Games I've played, EXPECIALLY Devil Bunny Needs A Ham. I also enjoy Magic, of course.

E

ErinPuff

I play flute, piano, and accordion. I've been playing flute for about five years, piano for maybe eight months, and accordion for two months. The only one I'm good at is flute. :D I play in my school's band, which I love very very much. Band is a good place to find hot guys. ;) Oh, and I love to play, too. :) My least favorite thing about band is band camp (no American Pie jokes, PLEASE..), and I also don't like my section (..many flutists are airheads,) but other than that, I love band.

I read kind of a lot.. my favorite author is Mercedes Lackey.

One thing I do far too much of is play Snood (download it from http://www.snood.com if you dare). It's the most addictive game I've ever played besides Magic.. I've played over 1000 games of it so far, and I've started to see it in my sleep :eek

H

Hetemti

Please! For the love of God and everything holy help put an end to this...snood...thing...

"Snood" is nothing but an ugly, terribly low quality (dare I use such a word to describe it), offencive, vile, putrid, revolting RIP-OFF of Tiato's Bust-A-Move, a good game featuring Tiato's lovable mascots, Bub and Bob, of Bubble Bobble fame.

Hell! I thought a "snood" was one of vile sex-acts on George Carlin's extended list of things you can't say on TV.

Good God! First Bust-A-Move gets raped by a snood, then Tetris Attack is whored out to the Pokébastards, Solomon's Key was defiled in responce...ARE THERE NO PURE, WHOLESOME, UNDEFLOWERED GAMES LEFT???!!!

N

NeuroDeus

I write poetry too (why most of you do?) most non-ryhming ones, adventure stories... play videogames...ermmm...football? etc. etc. etc.

and...

and...

I AM A BOOKIEWORMIE!

N

nodnarb24

I play lots of videogames, mostly RPG's and action, watch TV, and spend a LOT of time on the computer.

A

Apollo

Wow, PJ, we like the exact same authors! I have the first Xanth novel, though.:)

M

Multani

I chat, surf the net, play computer games, watch TV, listen to music (while I'm surfing the net) and visit this site.

On my non-couch potatoe hobby list:

I swim every now and then.
I play basketball every now and then.
I play pool.
I run every now and then.
I play violin
I read every now and then...

Oh, and I play Magic. :D

M

MrXarvox

Ehhh....

other than magic...

Courting the women?

that works, I guess.

O yeh. And I make damn pretty jewelry. With which to court the women...

P

Purple_jester

APOLLO HAS THE FIRST NOVEL?!?

That gives me yet ANOTHER reason to assassinate him! I MUST HAVE THAT BOOK!

Seriously though, that's not fair! <sniff> I try so hard and a two-bit bird-boy gets the book. <grrr> It's probably a first printing, too.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Two computer games fascinate me right now: Majesty and Baldur's Gate

Love to read ANY fantasy, though at a stand-still right now. Love the authors PJ listed, plus any Forgotten Realms book. Waiting for Harry Potter 5.

Been reading up on the 3rd ed. D&D rules. Keep interested in Warhammer, though play only sporadically.

Love to play ANY game, be it cards, board, war, strategy, party, whatever.

Am in a group that recreates dances from medieval to hip-hop eras.

F

fuzzy510

Betcha anything I have the weirdest hobby here. I collect keychains. That's right, keychains. I'm trying to break the Guinness World Record. I have too much time on my hands.

R

Rando

My god, where to begin...

RPG's, mostly D&D
Wargames, several types
Bridge
Scratch model building
Miniture painting

I collect:
Rocks
Fossils
Antique books
Books in general (over 10,000 at last count)
Human bones (not easy to get a hold of)
Movies on video (over 1000 at last count)
Toys
StarWars memorabelia
Magic Cards (duh)
Serial Killer Cards (now out of print, if anyone has any, PM me)

I study American serial killers
I study the occult, especially the writtings of Alister Crowley and Madam Blavatsky.

I read the Tarot
I cast astrological charts
I play paintball
First-person PC shooters

hmmm...I am sure I'm forgeting something.

I am a slave of my own hobbies. Don't let your's get a hold of you!