The most important issue in Magic today...

H

Hetemti

What do you use to keep track of your score?

I have a rule when I play, you WILL have some device to maintain proper score keeping. I've seen people fudge their score all too much in the local players on my area.

But what to use?

Pencil and Paper is usually prefered, but if one person is assigned the task in a multiplayer game, mistakes can be made.

I found a simple solution for me using:

An Index Card, 3x5.
Doublesided tape. (I love doublesided tape! smurf, nod, you'll see...)
Publisher 95.
A paperclip.
A printer

A make a index card disk with the numbers 1-30 on it, and create this funky little thing out of the paperclip that makes a perfect little indicator.

¡Viola! A scorekeeper so simple, elegant, and effective that all the people I know want one!

Hooray.

SO...what do YOU use?

T

The Magic Jackal

A twenty sided die works great for tournaments. If you go over twenty, just add another die.

N

nodnarb24

Tag Guard

I use counters. Big red ones being 5 and little blue ones being 1

H

Hetemti

Icosahedral dice are the most unreliable!
They're easy to bump, want to roll everywhere, and it takes forever to find the correct number!

You don't get a cookie.

Nod, you have a valid, allthough coumbursome system, so you get a cookie, though I'd advise against giving it to your rats unless you want one to die and all the others to get -1/-1.

F

Fire Slinger

I use 2 ten-side dice. Then if my life goes past 99, I use 3. Then if my life goes past 999, I use 4 (Has happen to me.)

A

Almindhra

At a tournament I use pencil and paper...I've tried using the dice, but it takes practice to use...I hate sitting there not being able to find the right side on a d20...

When its casual I try to remember it...But I usually forget it ( I have the worst memory ) and have to ask my opp what I'm at...But I did buy a life counter from a local shop...Its by Flying Tricycle...Its about the size of my palm and its two discs...The top is marbalized black with the black mana symbol in 22k gold leafing...And the other disc is the actual numbers...I love it...Its so perty...

A

Almindhra

Regular Price: $10 for each disk...( thats $20 all together for you music teachers )...

But I bought it on sale altogether for $12...They were at the site of http://www.flyingtricycle.com...But for some reason the page isn't working...If you go to http://www.wizards.com/magic. on the left hand side theres a list of different Magic do dad's makers, and you'll see the red counter...They are really nice...I think the black looks the best...

H

Hetemti

I like mine...not only are they allmost free, but I get to have fun trying for 15 minutes to get the paperclip PERFECT!!!

H

Hawaiian mage

I just play. Why use life totals? We all play real slow combo decks here, so once you get the combo it's pretty much win.

I don't see why cuasual players like you actually keep track of life totals in games.

C

Chaos Turtle

I always use pen and paper.
It's so reliable, my dice-using opponents will often not bother keeping track themselves (it helps that I have a good reputation for honesty:)).

M

Multani

I use the most reliable piece of equipment out of all of you. My Brain!! :D
Not just any brain, my brain.
It's running short on disk space, but it's quite reliable. ;)

N

nodnarb24

Tag Guard
I would trust your brain as far as i can throw so i guess i trust it about 23ft 7in.

S

smurfturd

I dont trust guys use just there brains, cause most of the guys i play live in Arkansas,so you know they cant use them right. :) I bring enuff glass counters for 2 or 3 people.

S

smurfturd

Do you live in Arkansas?, if so can i use your sister when
you get done with her? ;)

K

krichaiushii

I prefer two ten-siders, but in a larger game, pen and paper are quickest. You just have to watch the scorekeeper... he always seems to have more life. ;)

Actually, being scorekeeper is fun with pen and paper -- drawing little tombstones under people's names as they are eliminated can be great fun!