The "Let's Design a Set Together" Game

G

Gizmo

Host it online? That way you can update the online file as cards are added and people can go there to update their versions rather than having to re-email them.

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
That's the part I was trying to figure out. You see, I'm among those that are "intellectually declined" as far that is concerned. But, I imagine I could just go the easy route and create a geocities account for the set.

Ransac, cpa trash man

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
Hey Gizmo, do you know of any recent updates that someone else may have designed? I can't create the double mana symbol (g/w, etc.) without some kinda Ravinca block patch.

With that in mind, I'll have to adjust as best I can.

Switchback is worded awkwardly. It implies that you sacrifice the spell, which is not the case. I imagine it means to sacrifice the searched creature, so I adjusted it as such in the Editor.

Ransac, cpa trash man

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
Finished with Artifact/Gold/Land cards.

Had an idea while compiling these cards: The cards that give a bonus feature for certain kinds of mana spent to play them all have generic costs of 1. What if we included an enchantment or artifact that increased generic costs to increase these benefits?

Cost Increasor
Artifact
All spells cost 1 more to play.

Ransac, cpa trash man

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
The Stats so far:

Creatures - 70
Instants - 35
Sorceries - 13
Enchantments - 11
Creature Enchantments - 1
Artifact Enchantments - 1
Artifacts - 7
Land - 9

Total - 147

White - 18
Blue - 33
Black - 22
Red - 24
Green - 16
Artifacts - 7
Gold - 18
Land - 9

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
Finished with the Green spells.

Also, I'm merely plugging the cards in that have been placed on the card list threads. If there are any cards posted after their last updates or is they are merely missing completely, I have not typed them out.

Just got white left. Here we go.

Ransac, cpa trash man

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Ransac said:
Had an idea while compiling these cards: The cards that give a bonus feature for certain kinds of mana spent to play them all have generic costs of 1. What if we included an enchantment or artifact that increased generic costs to increase these benefits?

Cost Increasor
Artifact
All spells cost 1 more to play.

Could it just increase cards that have generic mana in it's cc?
So that a GG spell still cost GG not 1GG, but a 3W spell now costs 4W.

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
No. The way the card is worded, the GG would cost 1GG. But yes, the 3W would be 4W.

I just finished typing the cards from the list threads into the editor. These are the stats that the computer tells me I have:

Creatures: 59
Enchantments: 10
Artifacts: 5
Sorceries: 15
Instants: 31
Lands: 9

White: 18
Blue: 23
Black: 20
Red: 22
Green: 16
Gold: 16
Land: 9
Artifact:5

Total: 129

I doubt that Mooseman's stats are really off by that much. More than likely, he has taken into account the cards that have been posted since the last update. Mooseman, could you compile a list of cards not on the list threads? I'm going to start up a geocities account for the set.

Ransac, cpa trash man

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Ransac said:
No. The way the card is worded, the GG would cost 1GG. But yes, the 3W would be 4W.
Could we change the wording?
"All spells with a generic mana cost, now cost 1 more to cast."

Ransac said:
Mooseman, could you compile a list of cards not on the list threads? I'm going to start up a geocities account for the set.
I can send you the word file i keep them in. PM me with an email address to send it to.

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
Okay guys, the site isn't letting me upload the set file onto the website. It's pissed at me for trying to upload something with the extension ".set"

So for now, I'm just going to e-mail the file to the account. Once again, if you want the password for the account, pm me.

Ransac, cpa trash man

G

Gizmo

I'm not aware of any patches, sorry - at the moment there's no split card option either. I will have a look around when I get the chance.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Ransac said:
Okay guys, the site isn't letting me upload the set file onto the website. It's pissed at me for trying to upload something with the extension ".set"
Can you just rename the suffix to whatever's allowed (.zip for example) and then people can download it and just rename it back to .set?

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
It's not letting me alter the extension type. It's okay, though. People can get the file by just getting the account password from me and downloading it from the email account.

Hmm...... the e-mail is taking a while to send.

Ransac, cpa trash man

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
Sorry for the multiple posts, guys. I just got so much stuff.

Mooseman, I got your word document. On Captain Bovdar, you have an ability that merely reads "Captain Bodvar gains Trample". It doesn't say how or why. Any help?

Also, when creating cards from now one, instead of ~ or ~this~ in place of a card name, could you type in <this>. That will fill in the card name on the Editor.

EDIT: I sent the e-mail to the cpa_odd_one_out@yahoo.com account and it finally got it.

Ransac, cpa trash man