The Geek Test

A

Azreal the Soulmaster

11.63708% - Geekish Tendencies

I'm more of a dork than a geek.

A

Aku Necromancer

I would have scored a lot higher too if I would have taken this test when I was in High School...

T

Thallid Ice Cream Man

23.86588%

I think it should count for more that I own a Magma CD.

S

Svenmonkey

21.10454% - Geek

What? Well I would have scored higher if it had been more about computers and less about movies and D&D and such. Plus half the stuff requires one to be like 30.

T

Tabasco

19.9211% - Geek

Man I didnt think that MtG and Final Fantasy and Monty Python were geeky things at all.

Oh well I now know that I am a Geek.........YaY

T

train

I wonder if Spidey will score higher than I or Orgg...

only the test will tell...

but it may be a core similar to mine - yeah, I don't know why, but those are my thoughts...

:p :cool:

D

DÛke

1.98246% - Poser...

Which can perhaps explain my inability to get a long with not a single member that belongs to this particular group of people, or anyone who enjoys Lord of the Rings, Star Wars/Trek, and all these "cool" things that you guys do...

Since when is correcting the professor a geek's thing? I did it two times this past semester in my 20th Century Philosophy Class.

And, what's worst, since when is always hating mainstream a geeky behaviour? For example, when I can't get a long with people in here, who in return make up the "mainstream" of this site, doesn't mean that I am the one exhibiting a geek’s tendency – it could mean that I’m the one resisting the “melting pot” where geeks become heroes (Ferret, Zadok anyone?) and instead rather to keep myself at a less than "2% geek" level…which is an inescapable level: there's a geek in all of us.

Oh, and one more thing, what the test overlooks is that geeks in one hand, and intellectuals on the other, they show similar tendencies, which the test attributes solely to geeks (“founded a club of any sort,” “criticized normality,” “in ‘smart’ classes”…etc…) - but they just as much also belong to the intellectual. The differences between the intellectual and the geek are too clear to overlook – you could say intellectuals are geeks, but without the heavy doses of LotR/ST/SW/Role-playing/card-gaming/card-collecting/Mage-Knight-loving/etc/etc/etc, and instead with moderately better, if not down right sexier, physical allure. A geek is that average or below average fellow or girl who, somehow, have their roles a little confused: geeky females are always more masculine, prejudice, cultured; while geeky males are a tad bit loose, if not feminine at times, "open minded," you could say, "open to new relationships," and particular to them is "not taking life seriously enough," "life is just a 'game'" or some such nonsense. The intellectual female, on the other hand, she's that voluptuous lady who speaks her mind but not with the dogmatic assertiveness of the geek-female, with openness, ready to listen as much as she speaks, if not more - she's that one girl in school who seems to look too good to have good grades, but nevertheless has great grades. The intellectual male is more dogmatic, cultured, strict, and, if you want, prejudiced: he is in a sense like a geek-female, but a tad bit more extreme, thorough, passionate unto death.

Every female-geek I have ever encountered (and these are 3 severe cases), tend to try to be more assertive than their male-counterpart, as if they ruled; while, contrarily, a geek-male is almost like a corpse, like a repressed women in a third world Islamic country; nothing in particular is "great" in his life, perhaps "life does not matter" much even; he obeys and idolizes, while living his life as passively as possible - of course by "passively" I mean not inactively, but with little concern to anything beyond the card-games/board-games/RPGs and the like, which become his "real" life. One can easily trace the invention of The Sims back to the pinnacle of a geek's impulse to create life beyond this life, one in which he need not be responsible, where he can click Save and, especially, Load - one without much error. And a "Casual Players Alliance"! I don't even need to deconstruct what "casual" really mean here, but I will anyway: casual Magic games are marked by what geeks call a "friendly" atmosphere, one in which he may "unclick" or "undo" his action, "casually," without seriousness, "for fun." And yet he does take the game seriously, but not seriously in the sense that he wants to play the game fully by its rules, but a little irresponsibly: "can I take that back?" he asks when playing a casual game (i.e., a super-geeks' version of the game ) - the geek likes undoing...

What? He likes undoing? Let's look at Magic's most beloved color (even though it is the most scorned) - Blue. Blue is the color of undoing, of unsummoning, and yet it is the color of countering: it gives the geek just enough power (i.e. Counterspell, Force of Will), which in return translate to enough irresponsiblity: he counters because he does not want to be responsible for the argument, or, in this case, for the Blastoderm, perhaps. At his disposal he has spells like Unsummon, Boomerang, Memory Lapse, Evacuation, and...don't even get me started on Upheaval! Not solely for its power that Blue is abused, but for what it represents: it is the very ideal of the true geek, one who wants to live passively, uninvovled, behind Counterspells and Unsummons, or Tradewind Riders, or...Morphling!

Should I realy deconstruct what Morphling really is? ;)

I'll leave that for a different time.

O

orgg

Originally posted by DÛke

Should I realy deconstruct what Morphling really is? ;)

I'll leave that for a different time.
This is an article I would LOVE to see on the front page-- a philosophical or Fruedian look at Blue's Superman.

Go To, DUke.

R

Reverend Love

I scored 100% lazy, as when I saw the length of this beast I quickly gave up.

N

Notepad

I got:

30.37475% - Total Geek

Dang interesting. Thought I would do lower....worried I would get higher. Results okay then.

E

EricBess

Originally posted by DÛke
Since when is correcting the professor a geek's thing? I did it two times this past semester in my 20th Century Philosophy Class.
I think you can safely not check that box if you don't want to, Duke. I'm guessing it's more referring to hard sciences when a teacher gets a mathematically based question wrong.

I scored low 20's - Geek.

D

DÛke

Well then! It shows how much I know about geeks...:D

Ok, what about watching X-Files? What! I like that show...

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
DUke: I think the points you raise are all little parts of the whole, which is why if you check just one, you only get 0.1 or so percent of being a "geek", not a full 100% or even 50% or 25%...

I'll take the test today or tomorrow, when I have time, never fear. Monday's are usually bad 'cause I'm catching up on everything...