The Friday "Drag"

Killer Joe

You mean the 1976 film Network? The one where the guy shouts out the window screaming he's not gonna take it anymore?

If that's the one then I saw it already,.....in the THEATRE!!!! Back in the day... :( Great flick.

"300" - I didn't see it yet but the week before its release the History channel ran a bunch of Ancient Warrior programs that had some Athenian/Spartan stuff in it, they were cool.

Melkor

I wouldn't recommend "300," the action is good in parts in a hyperstylized comic book sort of way but the dialog is just atrocious. It is like someone combed through the rejected scripts for Braveheart and Gladiator and picked all the worst stuff. Perhaps I'm just overly sensitive, but I also couldn't help but think that the people involved were making an America=Greeks point very badly.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Melkor said:
I wouldn't recommend "300," the action is good in parts in a hyperstylized comic book sort of way but the dialog is just atrocious. It is like someone combed through the rejected scripts for Braveheart and Gladiator and picked all the worst stuff. Perhaps I'm just overly sensitive, but I also couldn't help but think that the people involved were making an America=Greeks point very badly.
Yeah, that sounds sort of like what my sister and my friend said about it. Most other people I know loved it, though. I haven't seen it and don't know if I will.

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
Huh.... Spidey wasn't on today.... THE APOCALYPSE IS UPON US!!!!!!!!! REPENT!!!!!!!!! REPENT!!!!!!!!!

Ransac, cpa trash man

Killer Joe

Okay, how about the Friday late afternoon drag?

There are certain times of the weekend that I find kind of unusual; like Friday late afternoon (4:30 - 7:00 pm-ish time). On nights that I used to go to shops and play Magic it never seemed too weird but now that I don't it does seem weird.

I have small children who aren't old enough to be going places with their friends like the Mall and Movies and there isn't much on the Boob-tube either. My wife & I don't "party" anymore so bar night anticipation is gone as well.

Saturady Mid-afternoons are kinda weird too, for me at least. Lately I have been filling them up with Stargate SG1 & Atlantis episodes but soon I'll be outside with my kids when the weather gets better.

And lastly; Sunday early evenings seem strange. Still a weekend night but really a weeknight for school children and workers.

Yet here I sit; alone; in this cold, cold, blue and white room staring at the CPA banner........

weird

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Killer Joe said:
There are certain times of the weekend that I find kind of unusual; like Friday late afternoon (4:30 - 7:00 pm-ish time).
I leave for work not long after 4:30 on every weekday, not just Friday.

D

DarthFerret

My Fri D&D sessions generally start about 5:00, so that is not a drag for me. Usually Saturday mornings seem to drag by .....

N

Nightstalkers

Oy, large hairy cat legs summon the ability to rope with them. Sadistic glee fills the eyes of bulging rhino hippos... And candy corn builds houses made from straw.

What else do you want?

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Well, I leave work on Friday at 2:30 PMish and you know I'm not on the weekend, so that's why I'm not here.

Maybe other folks in different time zones are sleeping also or something?