The end of a career...

C

Chaos Turtle

Well, it's that time now.
I can't think of any reason to keep playing this game called Magic, so I won't. I quit.

Yes, that's right, no $h|t, I quit.
Why? Well, part of it has to do with the fact that even someone as open-minded as me can't keep up with the constantly-changing rules and the either broken or useless (depending upon which set we're talking about) crap that WotC keeps trying to cram down our throats.
Part of it also has to do with the fact that there are just no people to play with anymore. No good ones, anyway. Everyone I play either sucks or cheats. Hell, cheating has become commonplace and practically accepted thanks to a certain Pro Tour Playa's well-publicized antics.

This has been coming for some time, now. I had sort of dropped out of Magic for awhile, but then I got that email from Orgg and I thought I'd check this place out. It's cool that there are people who still play for the love of the game rather than prizes and Pro Tour Fame. But it's not enough anymore.

I will drop by from time to time, just to check up on you guys and gals. It's been real fun. I'll miss you all.

Peace and Love and .\\agic.

Well, Peace and Love anyhow...

--the Chaos Turtle

<font size="2" color="#FF6000">* Chaos Turtle slowly retreats into his shell. From within come the muffled sounds of sobbing and sniffling...</font>

F

FoundationOfRancor

Whoa, you and wizard huh? Let me tell you that magic kinda sucks right now :(. Thanks the the US block, but once that rotates magic will kick agent ass like it use too! I know, me and my friends online pretty much only play MM block with classic. It is so much fun... Anyway, you want somebody to play with? I play with you every night if thats what needed! The point is magic cant lose good players like you turtle. In my area i have NO ONE to play with! I mean no one! I have to play against myself sometimes!!! The only fun magic it is playing online... (I like playing online but face to face is alot better!) Once again if you want somebody to play with im here all the time! Email me at caseyseiter@yahoo.com. And if your mind is totally made up, well let me just say goodbye.

G

Gryphonclaw

Good one Chaos Turtle;
And good call Yellowjacket, he had me going.

[Edited by Gryphonclaw (04-01-2000 at 01:06 PM).]

Ed Sullivan

CPA Founder, Web Guy
Staff member
Damn, first time I read that, I was just like WTF?

<font size="2" color="#FF6000">* Ed Sullivan plots revenge on CT.</font>

-mike

A

Apollo

that was a good one, certainly a lot better than the "_____ was banned!" articles that go up on every site every year around this time. It would be really ironic if it turns out he was serious, wouldn't it? He hasn't said April fools yet... :) Hey Turtle, it would have been better if it hadn't been posted at 6 in the morning. Nobody makes major decisions at 6 in the morning.

Apollo

T

theorgg

Funny turtle.

that was mean. april first.

I'm glad that I was at a LARP when this was posted. I'd have been pissed if I'd made a fool of myself because another GOOD poster was quitting.

I even quit playing my Weird Al on winamp because of that...

your too stubborn to quit.

W

Wizard2000

I don't play anymore, but I do still have my collection. I also buy cards for it all the time. I imagine I will start playing again sometime in the near future. At this point I'm just a collector.

I disagree with your opinion of the Urza block though. All the Urza sets are still very hot items at the closest shop to me. I was in there the other day and they were grabbing up packs of Saga like they were the hottest item on earth. I stuck around a bit and listened to them talking. I overheard a big group of players talking about how they heve never bought a pack of Nemesis while 2 or 3 of them were opening their packs of Saga and Destiny.

I don't think that the Urza block is the problem with the current state of Magic. I still feel that the Urza block was too powerful, but going the route of MM and Nemesis was not the best thing to do. This is the main reason I've quit playing. The people around here only want to play T2 so I don't play at all. Even those people are dwindling down to nothing as they are all fed up with the Masques block. Many hopes were smashed when the spoiler list for Nemesis came out, and a lot of people I know quit for that reason alone.

W

Wizard2000

Was replying to FoundationofRancor's response up there. Sorry for the confusion. :)

C

Chaos Turtle

Ohhh... *duh*
Heh-heh

That reminds me, Rancor? Do you use Y!Messenger? If so, add "chaosturtle" to your friends list and if we're on at the same time maybe we can connect for a game (Apprentice, unless someone wants to Donate a M:IE to me...)

Thanks for the invite.

G

Gryphonclaw

I have heard LARP refer to Live Action Role Playing, kind of a combination of role playing and a play, is this right?

F

FoundationOfRancor

theorrg: I love weird Al!!!! lol, anyway, thanks for the acknoldege ment wizard, I wouldnt mind talkin to ya about that but not here cuz it be off topic.
Turtle: I am going to get the Y messenger right now and throw ya on it. I still cant figure out how ICQ works but when I do i'll post my number. My aol sn is RancorDragon and my email is caseyseiter@caseysmail.com (Just in case..)

C

Chaos Turtle

Oh, *duh* again... :cool:
Thanks y'all for sharing with me something I ought to have known.