The Elvish Ranger

J

Jigglypuff

For sickos like me? I'm insulted by that! Let me get one thing straight here, mister: These were all college-age girls.

(- Steve -)

B

BigBlue

Originally posted by train
By the way, Elves generally are much older than humans - source-D&D :)
Yes, they are most assuredly older, the elves of D&D seem to be based on Tolkien's elves which are indeed older than humans if not humanity. One thing I wonder about though, is that I don't believe they have kids on middle earth. . . I get the impression they all arrived at the same time and of course are immortal while on Middle Earth with respect to disease and oldage.

D&D elves however are vastly different. and I'd say magic's elves are closer to the D&D elf.

Wow, what a pointless and pitiful life I lead having written the above. I think I'll crawl back into my cave. . .

My Precious, oh my precious little Elvish Ranger.

Jigglypuff - Get that boy a Playboy or something. That's just wrong. (I don't think you'll find Playelf, so playboy will have to do.)

T

train

McGruff: "We don't mean to offend you Mr.... Puff, is it? But we're still going to have to take you in and ask you some questions."

Don't worry Jigglypuff I'll get that crime dog to calm down...

R

rkoelsch

I tell ya, your have some issues when you make a highlander style deck where the only requirement was that the art portray a female in as provocative a pose as possible. I didn't win much with it but I always enjoyed playing.

J

Jigglypuff

Aren't you going to read me my rights?

(- Steve -)
302 right here.

S

Sammy Dead-O

I never thought of the Quirion Ranger as a minor. It's so hard to tell sometimes on anyone, let alone an elf. On my ex's 21st birthday, her mom said to her, "21. You look it, too. Minus 5." That'll make a 23-year-old guy feel kinda weird...

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Originally posted by BigBlue
Yes, they are most assuredly older, the elves of D&D seem to be based on Tolkien's elves which are indeed older than humans if not humanity. One thing I wonder about though, is that I don't believe they have kids on middle earth. . . I get the impression they all arrived at the same time and of course are immortal while on Middle Earth with respect to disease and oldage.

You'd probably have to check a MiddleEarth site or something, but I believe that they could have children. At least, they did when they mated with Humans (or the strain called the Edain who came over with them), producing Half-Elves like Elrond and a handful of others. :)

B

BigBlue

Elrond is a half-elf? Are you sure?

I think that the half elves come when they give up their immortality, as his daughter does to be with Strider.

Immortality & childbirth cannot go hand in hand, it would lead to overpopulation unless you had frequent wars which Elves are always trying to avoid (I know I would as well if I were immortal other than death by blade).

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Positive. I have the Lord of the Rings at my bedside and though I keep meaning to start it, I always turn to the Appendixes for the history part. Elrond and Elros, the latter being the first leader of the Numereans (mangled the name, I know), which in turn was the strain of man called the Edain who had helped the Eldar in the war against Morgoth, were sons of an Elf (Eldar) and Edain union (parents escape me right now). They were both given the choice of which race they wanted to be with; Elrond chose Elvenkind and Elros chose Mankind (but given a longer lifespa; three times that of an "ordinary" man). Elrond's descendants were also give the option (but the book doesn't say or I didn't get to that part about who they are. The Simillarion might have it).

Oh, I guess Arwen was one of the, since you mentioned it :)

Elves were definitely warlike; they were very eager to go to war with Morgoth. They might just have either a long gestation period or just want one or two children. I also don't think they really shied away from battle in the Third Age with Sauron; being immortal means they know what he's capable of and want to stop him anyway, even if it means death for some of them.

T

train

Think of all the girl elves an elf could get involved with over their lifetime!!!...

And the man-elves - they are living the high-life!!!