The Deck that saved Shandalar!

M

Mikeymike

Hey, that is a cool deck, and 'back in the day' I can see that thing bringing the hurt. How about Instill Energy in there?

Oversoul, what's the big deal with pointing out restricted cards. The reason that many of us (including myself) point out restricted cards is because very often people simply don't realize it. The B/R list is 50 or so cards long and changes about twice a year sometimes with little notification, it is easy to miss an item.

If they do they usually - and should - post a little note in their original post to signify why they are running 4x Sol Ring in a deck.

EDITED

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Well, the reasoning behind that was that, basically, I don't think such a note would be necessary on a forum about "casual" decks/variants/etc.

I used to receive multiple replies about what cards were restricted in Type I whenever I posted a decklist that had at least one extra copy of any restricted card...

And I saw it happen to others too. Well, the others tend not to stick around. I can see why.

I've said it several times now, but I don't have anything against Vintage. It's my favorite format...

I also don't have a problem with casual players posting their casual decklists that are not tournament legal. They ARE casual decks, after all. True, apparently a lot of players in areas I've never been to myself associate casual play with the Vintage banned/restricted list, but trying to apply it universally makes just as much sense as trying to hold everyone to Standard, Extended, or any other format...

But I'm repeating myself probably. That post was more me flipping out about the general disregard for conventions (yes, spelling/grammar/punctuation) that I've seen a lot on these boards. I started out with the joke about Fastbond, but another (entirely different) post on another thread caused me to change my mind. It was neither sane nor sensical to do so, but I never claimed it was...

Spidey: Oh, you were talking about the Microprose game still. Nevermind then.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
And I saw it happen to others too. Well, the others tend not to stick around. I can see why
Not sure you can necessarily tie the two together without asking them... (which is obviously hard since they've left), but it's another case of shaky logic here...

True, apparently a lot of players in areas I've never been to myself associate casual play with the Vintage banned/restricted list, but trying to apply it universally makes just as much sense as trying to hold everyone to Standard, Extended, or any other format...
And I don't see how you apply what happens in YOUR area means it must happen everywhere else universally (except mine and mythosx's area, apparently).

M

Mikeymike

Originally posted by Oversoul
I used to receive multiple replies about what cards were restricted in Type I whenever I posted a decklist that had at least one extra copy of any restricted card...

And I saw it happen to others too. Well, the others tend not to stick around. I can see why.

I also don't have a problem with casual players posting their casual decklists that are not tournament legal. They ARE casual decks, after all. True, apparently a lot of players in areas I've never been to myself associate casual play with the Vintage banned/restricted list, but trying to apply it universally makes just as much sense as trying to hold everyone to Standard, Extended, or any other format...
I understand your point and your reasoning, but really, it is that big of a deal? If members were being attacked for their multiple use of restricted cards, then that would be completely unwarranted, but all the instances that I've seen have been simple and/or courteous reminders. I fail to see how such simple statements drive people away.

I'm not trying to shun your opinion, but I do feel like you might be making a mountain out of a molehill here.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
No, I don't really consider it that big of a deal...

I do understand that it looks that way. The reason is because it keeps getting brought up and I consider it a tired issue...

Not so much now, but a couple months ago really, was when most of this was going on...

M

Mikeymike

Fair enough, I'll leave it alone then.
But prepare to have your chops busted the next time you attempt to pack 4x Demonic Tutor in your deck! :D

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Me, pack 4x Demonic Tutor? Never...

Well, this guy kept trying to get my three extras (since I only use one for Vintage) and I wouldn't trade them. So that looks like a possibility... :p