THE crappy rare

T

Thallid Ice Cream Man

In Masques I got about 3 Worry Beads. I didn't get many more because I stopped buying Masques. :)

Here's a hint: To get less crap rares, buy less cards!
That's why I only have 2 Deadapults (I've never played with a zombie deck in my life).

Urza's Destiny: Master Healer
Masques: Worry Beads
Nemesis: Divining Witch (Ooh! Let's Demonic Consultation multiple times! That's smart!)
Prophecy: Search for Survivors (This was the first Prophecy rare I opened, before I had seen the spoiler, and immediately after that I knew the new set would suck).
Invasion: Winnow
Planeshift: The aforementioned Deadapult
(I only started at Destiny because that was when I started to buy a lot of cards.
I have 6 Armageddon, but that isn't exactly a crap rare...

D

Darkstar

I started back in Homelands, and have been playing ever since. One fateful day, I decided to go to the local box social and participate in a friendly game of cards. Realizing that I had $20 dollars in my pocket, I decided to blow it on boosters. I bought 4 Saga and 4 6th ed.

Saga Results...
1) Brand
2) Brand
3) Rune of Protection Lands
4) Bran... Noetic Scales

6th ed results...
1) Ragman (hiphiphooray)
2) Greed
3) Pearl Dragon
4) Hammer of Bogardan (lightened up my day)

Even though I lost $20 bucks that day (excluding the hammer) I felt better once I ripped the neighborhood kids off. Lesson Learned, always try to get ahead in life, even if it means being a dirty little boy!?

I

Istanbul

Goblin Game.

It's been my foil rare TWICE now.
It's shown up THREE other times.

....yeah.

Oh, and I keep getting Thieves' Auctions somehow.

Yes, I am the God of the Uncastable Red Spells! (But do I get Obliterates? Nooooooo.)

D

Darkstar

Originally posted by Istanbul
Goblin Game.

It's been my foil rare TWICE now.
It's shown up THREE other times.
Since im a collestor of rare and exotic goblins, would you want to trade me your 2 foils? Im also interested in portal raging goblins. lmk

M

menolikeygurus

i have you all beat. In one box of invasion i racked up 7 teferi's responses, and one foiled so a total of 8, then in 10 boosters following i got 2 more. TOO MANY!!!

M

Mikeymike

Darkstar must buy from the same place I do because I have pulled no less than 7 Brands from maybe 72 packs (not 2 boxes) of Urza's Saga. Yet I never opened a Cradle, Academy, Time Spiral, Worship, Thran Quarry, Child of Gaea...

Mundungu, I'm interested in your non-foil Ice Cave's and Jake 74, I might like to try to build a dumb Coalition deck. PM me if interested in dumping them.

C

Cateran Emperor

Back in the day, I opened 3 Great Walls out of 4 packs of Legends :(

Of course, the last pack was a Moat :D

In the interest of keeping in context of some of the newer players, I never buy packs, I only draft. However, I draft a LOT. As in one or two boxes worth per month. My most inexplicable draft ever was when we cracked two boxes of Invasion and took random packs. I opened pack one...

Coalition Victory. Damn.

I opened pack two...

Coalition Victory. Damn again.

I opened pack three...

And consequently slammed it on the table in disgust after seeing that eight mana, five color casting cost in the corner again.

On the plus side, I played five color using all three Victories. I think I set Magic history that day, winning five games by having Coalition Victory successfully resolve five times and see that all requirements were met. That was a stupid, stupid day :cool:

Of course, the way we draft, I've also opened a Darigazz and two Thunderscape Masters once. For the record folks, that isn't even fair. :D

F

fuzzy510

How did you do that? I've NEVER seen anybody use a Coalition Victory and win using it. I'm amazed.