Take JESUS into your heart and soul!

Will you cast out this "game" and follow the LORD?

• Yes! I will give up SATAN's game and follow Jesus!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I am not yet convinced. Satan's power over mortal man is strong.

• My thoughts have been clouded by the DEVIL'S lies, and I think it is a simple game, nothing more.

• LUCIFER is my lord and master! I spit upon the carpenter and stand by Satan's left hand!

• Total voters

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Frankly, I'm disappointed at the reaction to this post.

As most people are aware and some have first-hand experience with it, Magic has been denounced and banned in places. Now here came a chance to try to have a conversation with a person with those views.

Was it evident that it was joke? Not really... because they ARE people like that out there in the world. Yet the first couple of reaction posts were pretty much immediate flames and rude. There was no attempt at intelligent discourse.

Sure, the original tone of the post was very strident and seemed to have no room for compromise. Yet that doesn't mean we couldn't try. If in subsequent posts "Preacher_Man" proved to be unreasonable, we could take steps then.

I also feel that this was moved to Off-Topic for the wrong reasons. It only should have been moved when it was evident it was a joke, and not for "spammish" or "off-topic-ish" feelings (sorry, Zadok). This is a Magic issue if I ever saw it, and it was the first time we could have confronted it.

Anyway, those are my feelings. This has been the first "touchy" subject in a while and I felt a better response by the CPA could have been given. :(

R

Rando

I agree.

Had this been an actual representative of Christian fanatisism, we would have come off as whiney twerps with out any actual inteligent responses to give. No counter-argument, no one even asked for Preacher_Man's evidence to support his claims.

Only calls for deletion and name-calling.

I hope that if any of us are ever called to represent our comunity in the face of such accusations in the future, we can be a little more astute and mature. "That kind of thing pisses me off" is seldom a good argument.

Be glad it was a joke from someone within the CPA.

D

Daggertooth

Xreemer: That could have been a slightly exagerated referance to you. Or it could be that of one who refused to even touch magic. The fact of the matter is I do know many who believe the game is evil. But then again, I do know many that believe that I'm evil. Funny how the world works.*sigh* :rolleyes:

There actualy was a preacher at my school with the same message last friday. Something like everyone was going to hell unless they Join them, or something like that.

Daggertooth