T1 worthy?

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Necropotence is SO much better than Phyrexian Arena. There is no problem with it. Necropotence is superior!

T

train

Necropotence is superior, but he also must then include a way to get rid of it... if he doesn't draw into the life gain he needs, he can't keep it around...

Claws of Gix should then be taken into account...

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
I remember way back when...

In my old Necrodeck, I used Claws of Gix and Despondency. Fun stuff...

Getting rid of Necropotence was never a big concern of mine. The card advantage it got me was typically enough to win. It's a lot harder to use than Phyrexian Arena, certainly, but learning to use it effectively pays off...

T

train

considering that Necro is limited to it's timing, I'd run Bargain if possible, but it takes playing it effectively to do well also...

Double the cost of Necro - but definitely worth it...;)

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Well yeah, once Bargain hits the table, it wins the game. The problem is casting it in time for it to be effective...

T

train

It can come out decntly on 2nd or 3rd turn...

mana sources are needed - but a lake can pretty much solidify it with a ritual...:D

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
I'd rather have Necropotence's lower cc in a non-combo deck, but I suppose the idea does have merit...

T

train

If it's mono color and you lose 1 land to lake for it - this is where Bargain is much more worth it...

It beats necro easily as you already know...

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Yeah, I sure know that...

Not sure if I'd related the experience on this forum, or if you just made that comment and it's a coincidence...

But yeah, if Bargain is gotten out quickly, it's game over. Possibly the most broken enchantment in the game. Dream Halls and Mind over Matter are the only competition I can think of right now...

T

train

Dream Halls is only competition if you have the "draw" capability provided somehow...

Together - They are create a BROKEN scenario not before encountered...

:eek:

"See what blue can break!"

:rolleyes: