Survivor: China

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Well, Amanda is always scheming, so she could figure that this is her chance to get out Todd... but yeah, unless PG wins immunity again, I don't think anything will come of it.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Finally got around to seeing the 12/13 show...

PG almost got immunity which would have made things interesting, but she didn't... and even though it sounded like Amanda and Denise were thinking about voting for Todd, they didn't... I mean, I guess it depended on Denise's thinking and since it seems she thought she had a better chance of winning if it was her and Todd, she didn't go for it, so Amanda couldn't either...

Thing is, that kind of thinking depends on how much control you have in the game, to determine the outcome or the final three or two, and I don't think she had that control. She should have been thinking "Would Todd bring me into the final two or one of the others". Maybe she was and they didn't show it, but Todd's gotta know he's probably the least liked out of all of them, so he would have to weigh who the jury would like least out of the other three to bring with him. Assuming of course he thinks he has control, which he does... but maybe he thinks that because he's the least liked, he's an automatic top 2 no matter who wins... whew, this is convoluted.

Anyway, the reward challenge was kinda telling in where people stood where, with PG getting one arrow and Denise getting 2, so Denise should have realized she was probably next after PG getting voted out and should have made a play to shake things up.

E

EricBess

Yeah, but Courtney was the only one to get any significant number of arrows. Even Amanda only got 4 and if I remember correctly, Too had 6. Compared to Courtney's 12 and I don't think anyone would think that Courtney was controlling the game.

Have you seen the finale yet? I don't want to give away who wins if you haven't.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I think they gave her the arrows because they thought she was insignificant and probably wasn't too accurate (which she wasn't, as she kept hitting Todd and Denise's targets).

I haven't seen the finale yet but I know who won :(

E

EricBess

The finale show was very interesting, particularly the wrap-up afterwards. Todd was playing a much bigger game than you really realize from watching the episodes. I think there were a few times throughout the season when he lost focus and got arrogant, but he definitely played a good game.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
We watched the finale and reunion show during the weekend... :)

Yeah, I think he played a good game. I was surprised to see Amanda get shafted and Courtney get more votes than her. It's funny how some people's votes were decided at the last council and from the answers, like JR (the poker dude). I guess they're switching to the final three format since they've been doing it for the past three or four shows now.

The reunion show must have been quite a bore for at least half of the players, maybe more, since they only got the "obligatory" one question from Jeff towards the end :) I thought the question about who would vote for PG if she was in the final three was kinda misleading, since apparently a couple of people's votes were decided at the council and based on the final three's answers, so who knows how PG and her other two would have answered?

Todd's Interview

Denise Apologizes for comments made during the reunion show