Survey...The best Punk Rock band?

D

Darkstar

Greetings, I Darkstar wish to know what the public thinks of Punk music? I being a long time listener and member of a Punk band wish to spread the glory of Punk in its entirty. Now to the survey, Simply post your favorite punk band, I will then calculate all answers and determine the victor. There is no prize, but I can give you advice on which bands are the best. Have fun!
*Note, Blink 182 & MXPX are not punk!

Darkstar's vote: AFI

S

Sammy Dead-O

Currently, I'd say the Bouncing Souls.

Of all time, my favorite is probably Operation Ivy. I play in a ska band, Darkstar. Where are you located?

EDIT: Ah, I see...Kentucky...I'm in Georgia. You're not touring through Georgia, are you?

D

Darkstar

Sammy: Not anytime soon, at least I think. Nah I just started playing in SR, about two weeks ago, their Lead guitarist & singer quit, and i squaked in. Ska really? I like ska, Sublime, Gwen Stefani ( and her awesome bod), Goldfinger, ect. Ya, and your right, Operation Ivy is awesome. Thx for the post, ill add ya to my buddy list and maybey we can chat sometime.

Superguy: Offspring has great talent, thx for the vote.

H

Hawaiian mage

Damn it... I hate following the crowd but Offspring is my favorite as well.

U

Ura

I'm a little more old school. UK-subs and black flag here. ^_^

M

Mundungu

Geeze, maybe it is because I am too old but I would certainly not count offspring as a "punk" band.

For me "Punk" is Sex Pistols or the "The damned"

D

Darkstar

I like your old skool spirit guys. Surprised some one hasnt said Ramones or Misfits yet? And yes, it is true that offspring do carry Pop-punk charisma in their music. sry :(

I

Istanbul

I'm with Mundungu on this one. Offspring is punk? Somehow, that doesn't seem right.

T

TURD CUTTER!!!

The original is usually the best, and in this case, it is.

D

Darkstar

Originally posted by Istanbul
I'm with Mundungu on this one. Offspring is punk? Somehow, that doesn't seem right.
Ill just put you down for... Bad Religion.

A

arhar

Warning: May not be appropriate for everyone. Sorry if you're offended, it's just a joke.

Joe the Punk comes out of the punk rock show, drunk and stoned out of his mind, and decides to pass out right there on the street, in the dumpster. He wakes up, flies circling around his head, and after smoking up again, decides to take a dump. While doing that and looking for something to read, he finds a newspaper with this ad in there:

"New Punk club opening on Main street very soon, only the most elite and true punks can come! To prove that you're a real punk, write us a letter explaining why."

Joe decides that it's definitely for him, and writes the following letter:

"Hi, my name is Joe and I'm a REAL, TRUE punk. I only listen to NoFX, Sex Pistols, and other tr00 bands. I smoke weed and drink every day, I never shave or wash my clothes,I never had a job, I dropped out of school after 5th grade and I smell really bad. I don't give a crap about anything in this life, and your club in particular. In fact, I'm taking a dump right now and I'm about to wipe my ass with this letter."

So he does that, puts the letter in the envelope and sends it to the club. A week later, he gets the reply:

"Dear Joe, sorry but we can't let you in our club because you're not a REAL, TRUE punk. Real punks don't wipe their ass."

:D

D

Darkstar

Originally posted by arhar
Warning: May not be appropriate for everyone. Sorry if you're offended, it's just a joke.

Joe the Punk comes out of the punk rock show, drunk and stoned out of his mind, and decides to pass out right there on the street, in the dumpster. He wakes up, flies circling around his head, and after smoking up again, decides to take a dump. While doing that and looking for something to read, he finds a newspaper with this ad in there:

"New Punk club opening on Main street very soon, only the most elite and true punks can come! To prove that you're a real punk, write us a letter explaining why."

Joe decides that it's definitely for him, and writes the following letter:

"Hi, my name is Joe and I'm a REAL, TRUE punk. I only listen to NoFX, Sex Pistols, and other tr00 bands. I smoke weed and drink every day, I never shave or wash my clothes,I never had a job, I dropped out of school after 5th grade and I smell really bad. I don't give a crap about anything in this life, and your club in particular. In fact, I'm taking a dump right now and I'm about to wipe my ass with this letter."

So he does that, puts the letter in the envelope and sends it to the club. A week later, he gets the reply:

"Dear Joe, sorry but we can't let you in our club because you're not a REAL, TRUE punk. Real punks don't wipe their ass."

:D
True as it maybe, but you must vote! For now your vote goes to Dead Kennedys. thanks

P

Phyrexian Pie-Eater

Few notes: whether its as pop punk as blink 182 and MxPx, or as hardcore as anti-flag and AFI, or as retro and old school as the ramones and sex pistols (ewwwwww i hate them) its still punk. A list of my fav. punk and ska bands followed by the #1 of all time
Ska:
Less than Jake
Reel Big Fish
Jeffry's fan Club
Sublime
Old No Doubt
Goldfinger

Punk:
Blink 182 (screw you guys they got me in punk~)
Schleprock
Green Day
Offspring (its new punk, like 3rd wave ska)
New Found Glory
AFI
The pixies
Ataris
The atari's
NoFX
Sum 41
more...
But number one goes to: The ramones. RIP joey!

T

theorgg

These guys have been thrown into every hotdamn catagory except for "Country Music."

I'll throw my vote in for, as usual,

DEVO.

If anyone can give me a definitive answer about what catagory they fall under, please tell me. It's buggin the hell outta me.

S

sageridder

Goin with the clash on this one.
Guy with the pie where the hell you been dude glad to see your still kickin.

N

nodnarb24

My favorite punk band has to be AFI, I have all of their albums :).