Superhero discussions

N

Nightstalkers

Um... Collossus was a baddie in the comix and show if I can remember...

Thing is, I dunno what your talking about :confused:

Nightstalker Habuki

Killer Joe

Anyone remember the 4 part series of DC versus Marvel?
I'll chime in later with the names of the combined characters.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I remember about it, but didn't read it.

I did read Marvel's Secret Wars and the various Infinity mini-series.

G

Gizmo

Read Earth X (first part of the 'X' series - Earth, Universe, Paradise).

It's the greatest Marvel book ever, as it totally rewrites the history of the universe to actually make the Marvel characters make sense. It explains everything that's ever happened in Marvel, and will ever happen.

R

Reverend Love

Cyber was awesome. Not only could he fight but he had mental powers as well...cool villain. Not Doctor Doom cool but still an interesting cat.

Anyone who's got their doctorate in doom is unquestionably the baddest of the bad. Again gentlemen..my hands are down!

Also weren't the worlds that Galacticus devoured home to gestating Sentinels? So in a broad sense he was sorta doing the universe a favor?...ya know..by not allowing the cosmos to run rampant with omnipotent beings.

N

Nightstalkers

Well... this has become an "official" thread because of me... thanks alot Habuki!

Shutup you, BLUE RULES!

Nightstalker Habuki

G

Gizmo

Galactus is more a force of nature than a bad guy, he isn't acting out of malicious intent.

Doctor Doom is definately the greatest supervillain of all time. He's a very human character (a guy in a suit) but at the same time to powerful, and believably so. In terms of oinkkicking contests I'd go with Doom, he always has the extra trick up his sleeve - I mean he even stole the Beyonder's powers and became a God!

The trouble with Doom is that he's too powerful. I prefer my villains up close and visceral. Hard to top some of the classic Spidey villains like Goblin or Vulture, in my book.

But then again there's always Magneto, the most rational of all villains... oh it's so hard to choose!

S

Spuky

have you read kingdom come? i think it is one of the best miniseries DC has ever made, and Batman kicks Superman butt(as always)

N

Nightstalkers

Isn't Superman supposed to be dead? :confused: Didn't Doom (or whatever his name was) kill him and the 4 supermen take his place?!?! :confused:

Nightstalker Habuki

C

Chaos Turtle

W00t! Buffy Buffy Buffy! Season 5 on DVD! I live! I live!

Oh yeah and that teen punk superman was the dreamiest! :p
Too bad they picked Steel to make the movie of. That is, too bad they made such and awful movie of it.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Nightstalkers: It was Doomsday. And that was so long ago, Superman is back and alive again (heck, that happened when I was collecting comics, before Magic).

R

Reverend Love

Doomsday was cool...that was back when DC was going through they're whole "We need cash...quick kill of some heroes!"

Batman's nemesis Bane was niftier though..

BREAK YOU!

A

Academy Man

Magnito and Wolverine are my favorite, Wolverine can live forever, and has claws, no silly rays. Magnito abilities are even sort of believable, he's sort of like an electromagnetic magnet. His life story is very rich too.

A

Azreal the Soulmaster

man I still have my death of superman comic. its all kinds of fun to see the man of steel get pounded into the ground.

T

train

I have the death of super-boy, and the breaking of the bat-ears...

I'm actually going to be selling off my collection of comics if anyne is interested...

"Will trade soul for Magic... and trade comics too...";)