Superhero discussions

N

Notepad

Dude, NS, what the heck?!? Everyone knows water-based powers are the lamest of the superhero world. Why do you think Aquaman is such a laugh riot?

N

Nightstalkers

A superhero who comes through your pipes and makes up around 70% of you? I think that would be quite a nice power.

You have no choice but to follow his orders because of his powers over part of your body!

Trains right, blue is evil!

Nightstalker Exterra

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Aquaman was a decent hero, but the problem was that he was limited to (duh) water and didn't have anything special once outside of it, unlike Marvel's basic equivalent, Namor, Sub Mariner, who at least could fly (sort of) and had super strength.

T

train

The 2 best original heroes from DC are Superman and Batman...

All the others are nin-com-poops compared to Marvel's creations...;) :p

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
They were good in concept, although Batman is really just a souped-up fighter (kinda like Capt. America without his shield).

For some reason I liked Hawkman because of Flash Gordon :)

N

Notepad

I liked Batman too, but he's really just a McGuyver who happens to have the tech pre-built. Err, more like James Bond then, without all the sex with supermodels.

As for Superman, he always seemed a little *moves hand in Vacuum Cleaner motion*. You know?

D

DÛke

...this is sickening!

Can we talk about X-Men please...? Especially the more interesting ones - Gambit, Nightcrawler (the "religious" thing is really top of the line), Rogue, Professor X, Magneto...tons more. Now these people have powers...

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Didn't quite get into the X-Men, although I pay a little closer attention when they battle the Sentinels. :)

C

chunkymonky1053

What about Galactus, The eater of Worlds, the greatest supervillan of all. Wouldn't Superman or Batman or all the Xmen feel retarted when they walk outside and they just thought that in a few seconds they would die??? Sentinels couldn't stop them, Professor X would just stop thinking about how crippled he is for once in his life. Sub mariner would do nothing. Dr.Doom would just sit there and cry. The Fantastic Four would do nothing. Plus, He is the strongest Heroclix figure of them all!:cool:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I probably should split this off...

Doctor Doom is one bad baddie. Galactus is not quite a supervillain in that he doesn't go around destroying worlds for the heck of it, he needs to do it for his "food". And destroying the world doesn't happen overnight, he needs time to set up, so the world's superheros could band together and try to stop him (and the Fantastic Four have on at least one occasion, or at least got through to the Silver Surfer who got through to Galactus). Of course he's one of the strongest Heroclix figure - he's one of the cosmos figures, akin to the personification to Death/Life, etc (although I don't play Heroclix :) )

T

train

It's okay spidey - they have support groups for that stuff...

dude: "He's in denial..."
dude's stooge: "But he's denying that he's in denial..."
dude: "Don't breathe again... please..."

N

Notepad

Galacticus??? Didn't Transformers do that earlier with Unicron?

Geez, sounds like a crappy villain, just like Unicron.

N

Nightstalkers

Wasn't Galactus that wierdo who kept trying to take over the world and had a tin can welded onto his head?

Oh transformers... nvm.

Nightstalker Habuki

A

Apollo

I never got into any DC characters. Galactus wasn't much fun because there wasn't really anything you could do about him--they'd all just mill around and panic until something came along and saved their butts.

Omega Red, however, was an entertaining villain. I didn't really like Wolverine, but a lot of the characters around him--Omega Red, Sabretooth, Maverick, all the Japanese characters--were pretty cool.

Anyone remember the name of the dude with adamantium skin? Not Colossus, but one of Wolverine's villains. I think he broke Wolvie's claws once.

T

train

It wasn't juggernaut - my thought was omega red in his metal skin, but I'm not sure - and can't find it through marvel yet...:rolleyes: