Suggestion for 2001 CPA Notables

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
That's right! It's finally here! And I've been asked to take over from Almindhra this time, so your good 'ol web-slinger will be MCing this time! Woo-hoo!

First, for those of you who weren't here last year, this is that kind of thing that you see in yearbooks and stuff.

For a refresher, these are the categories and winners from last year (the best that I could see)

CPA ------

King & Queen: DUke and Almindhra
Funniest: Whimsical
Most Likely to Beat Finkel: Gizmo
Most Spirited: Whimsical
Rivals: DUKe and Almindhra
Best Artist: Griffith_se
Legend: Ferret
Most Intelligent: Chaos Turtle
Best Flamer: Istanbul
Granddad and Grandmom: Yellowjacket and Almindhra
Most Friendliest: Zadok, Whimsical, Yellowjacket, and Phyrexian Pie-Eater
Buddies: Foundation of Rancor & Magic Jackal
Best Sig: Spiderman
Sex Kitten: Purple Jester
Spammer: DUke and nodnarb24
MTG Mascot: theorgg
Flirt: DUke
Best Speaker: Zadok
Hot Tempered Mama(?): Almindhra

So those were the categories. What I am asking for is more suggestions ('cause I'm too lazy to look at that other recent thread), what we should keep, and what we shouldn't. Personally, I think we should taKe out Spirited, Artist, Sex Kitten, Flirt, Hot Tempered Mama and maybe Mascot.

I need everyone who wants to participate to either reply on this thread or send me a PM, 'cause I'm not sending the list out to the 1200+ members we have. You reply and I know you're active. This is going to be open for a week and a half (until Monday, 10/22) to give those folks who only get on once in a while a chance to see this.

And for a little laugh, here was the ceremony from last year:

2000 CPA Notables

What times those were... :D

N

nodnarb24

Due to all of the political threads that have been floating around how about "Most Argumentive"

M

MrXarvox

...should keep the 'best artist' category in there...

just take a gander at some of my pen and ink...

Other suggested categories:

*most beautiful (me of course)
*most insane
*most likely to answer the phone with the word, "bacon"

E

EricBess

Given the volitility of some of the threads that nodarb mentions, perhaps "most outspoken" would be a better choice.

A

Apollo

I say we keep Sex Kitten, Flirt, and change "Hot Tempered Mama" to something like "Most Inflammible" or "Quickest Temper" or some such. And we have to keep mascot, cause that's the award I'm most likely to win.:)

As for new categories, I'll have to think on that.

And of course, I'd like to participate.

Z

Zadok001

I'm active. And I believe most of the awards from last year still hold solid. My mind is not particularly adept at coming up with new catch-phrases and ideas, so I'll stand by and allow others to pull that off.

H

Hetemti

I'm gonna be the poo-pooër and say the Notibles aren't worth the effort.

Maybe it's just cuz I don't like seeing the New Post light burn on account of a 9-page spam thread.

D

DÛke

I don't give a f**k yos! One of my favorite posters has taken over and that's it for me! These awards are gonna rock! Although I thought "what's her name" was funny last year, I think I'll like this year's better...

...Spiderman, you gotta rock the boat yo, I wanna feel the waves comin' through my computer screen, and breaking the screen, and splashin' and all that! :D Make it fun, and have Chaos Turtle assist your or something if you need help...

The ONLY sad part about all this my favorite Sex Kitten is long gone not to return at all...I really miss Purple Girl...she was one of the funnest posters to talk to, argue, and...flirt with. ;) (We were just friends though!)

Man...memories...lotta of them...I can't believe I spend that much time on the net! I can practically feel you all, as if I know you in real life. It feels good...

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
I think a "Most Off Topic" category is in order, considering some of the best threads of the years have been in that forum.

Ransac, cpa trash man

A

Almindhra

How could I be queen and rival with at the same time with that yoyo'...You guys can be so cruel...

So yes, I am here Spidey...

D

DÛke

...yes, you guys ARE cruel...especially that Nodnarb man...I can't wait until I lay my paws on him...

I can't believe I actually en-rivaled with that Italian/Lebonese/French bubble-gum...

G

Gerode

Most normal member!
Most irritable member!
Member with Highest Word Count per Post! (Not me)

S

sageridder

Cpa poet
most likely to be naked when posting
most helpfull
most likely to be a closet pokeman fan

T

terzarima

Originally posted by sageridder
Cpa poet
most likely to be naked when posting
most helpfull
most likely to be a closet pokeman fan
Amen!!Well... we could cut that naked when posting thing.... I certainly hope no one does.... *shudders*

C

Cateran Emperor

I'm still alive, though I don't think that'll matter too much as I got forgotten last year and likely will this year too.

G

Gizmo

:( I wont even get 'Most likely to beat Finkel' now that Neil and John have started posting. Can we have 'Most Likely To beat Budde'? Its just that Ive not lost to him yet :p

I

Istanbul

Originally posted by ademis22
Amen!!Well... we could cut that naked when posting thing.... I certainly hope no one does.... *shudders*

Better that you not ask.

A

Azreal the Soulmaster

how about:

Most considerate poster
Person most likely to become famous(for a non-magic reason)