Starsmucks

N

Nightstalkers

DarthFerret said:
Hmmm...free Wi Fi at Panera Bread? We got one here...maybe i should check that out. I also wonder if they have a smoking section...(not likely). That is the other reason I like IHOP....I can smoke there without having to worry about any new age yuppie scum trying to tell me that I am polutting his air and violating his rights. This is America ... and I have the right to kill myself with tabacco is i choose!...:D
I think their smoking section is outside.

And the laws are for people who don't want to get killed by your second hand smoke. :3

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Nightstalkers said:
I think their smoking section is outside.

And the laws are for people who don't want to get killed by your second hand smoke. :3
There are people who don't want to die from the diseases you might be carrying, but that doesn't make it illegal for you to walk around. Personally, I find smoke floating around in poorly ventilated areas annoying. It smells bad. And it can be more serious for people who have asthma or are otherwise more sensitive to smoke. But people getting killed is quite a stretch.

But I digress. I'm changing the subject far too much here.

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
My daughter showed me that site and I was floored that it was exactly what you were saying....... and then understanding dawned on me..... doh

H

HOUTS

Unfortunately, you're NOT allowed to play any card games at our McFondles and StarCrap. They'll boot your oink faster than you can say, "would you like fries with that?"
And most of the people frown upon these kind of things. I blame the Midwest, conservate, attitude.
They'd rather have the kiddies play out in streets, tapping drugs, hookers, etc.

-HOUTS-

Z

Zigathon

Originally Posted by HOUTS
And most of the people frown upon these kind of things. I blame the Midwest, conservate, attitude.
They'd rather have the kiddies play out in streets, tapping drugs, hookers, etc.
Its all about getting people to stop using their imagination, drink oddly named caffeine filled drinks, and eat greasy food while complaining about cigarette smoke.

H

HOUTS

Ah. I've been there numerous times. I completely understand. I don't smoke, but I still hate the banning.
The kicker to the town I live in, and nearby, is that they won't allow people to park their cars, or converse in packs, down by the lakefront.
This blows my mind. At least they know where the kids/trouble/drugs/etc are. Why break them up and have them all over the streets? And there isn't **** to do for them as it is.

-HOUTS-

Z

Zigathon

We had kind of the same thing going on when I was younger. There was a city park down by the river with a giant wooden pavilion. During the summer all the kids in town would hang out there... until they hung a NO LOITERING sign up. Being youthful, we paid no heed, the police started sending a squad down every fifteen minutes or so and write out tickets, complete with drug searches.
So, we started gathering on or near the benches on Main Street, soon they told us that was loitering as well.
I think its that kind of mentality that gets kids into drugs and the like. The more the city would try to stop drug use, the more it pushed teenagers into using them, because of the lack of actual constructive things to do.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
It seems like this is morphing into a topic for Off-Topic or Current Events...

So are you saying perhaps the city should have been thinking of constructive things for kids to do?

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Don't worry about the morphing; I should have put a ;) on the post :) I can always split the thread if it gets too bad.

D

DarthFerret

Ok, this spawns another question then, does the "no loitering" that has been posted violate our constitutional right to peacably assemble? That is one of the Rights that gets ignored more often than "freedom of speech and press" or "right to bear arms"!

Z

Zigathon

I would assume it does. But, a group of teenagers arguing that with a police officer isn't going to get them very far.