Star Wars vs Star Trek

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Are the Jem'Hader similiar to Jabba (or the Hutt family)? Because I never thought Jabba could beat anyone in Star Wars, let alone Star Trek. He's the mastermind; he has other people do his dirty work for him.

At least that was my impression of him. Don't know what the books say about him though.

A

Apollo

Your correct, Spiderman. Jabba probably wouldn't be able to beat much anybody in a fight. He's got a tough hide that can stop blaster bolts, but that's it (unless he rolled on top of you). Our point, though, was that Jabba was a much cooler character, and that Jabba and the other Star Wars aliens looked much better than the Star Trek aliens.

Apollo

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
My bad.

I totally overlooked ("ignored" :)) Baron Sengir's post about cooler artwork. I just read Multani's post about the Jem'hader beating Jabba and assumed it was physical. Sorry.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I remembered you saying this in here earlier:
Warp drive? No. Sorry. The entire basis of travel on the show breaks one of the fundemental facts of the universe, which is that light speed is as fast as it gets. Now everyone knows that - even at light speed - it's going to take a really long time just to get to the nearest star, to say nothing of the nearest star with a planetary system, at least one of which supports intelligent and technologically sophisticated inhabitants.
Did you see the article earlier this week about scientists breaking the speed of light barrier? It was in the Baltimore Sun and Washington Post so presumably it's in some science journal somewhere.

A

Apollo

I saw the teaser for it on the news, but not the story itself. Which makes me mad. I switched the channel to check the score of a baseball game, then forgot about it.

A

Almindhra

Is the best!!!...I love it...Riker is so handsome...And he plays trombone!...

And I use to pretend I was Troi...I love The Next Generation!!!

L

Landkiller

Star Trek scares me.

I have nightmares about the Federation.

I would hate to live in that fictional universe, because you would have to go to college, and you couldn't just become a bounty hunter; you'd have to be a third class science officer. Star Wars has more fun.

C

Cateran Emperor

Some things shall never change it seems. Apparently this will never be resolved, but that doesn't surprise me. Star Wars is still better for me... :cool:

N

NeuroDeus

I go for Star Wars...I hate Star Trek mostly those Klingons with that cornish pasty stuck to there foreheads.

K

K9Archmage

People, people. When will you all realize that they are both good. IT DOESN'T MATTER WHAT YOU THINK OR IT THINK. Some people like trek, some people like star wars. It is a matter of opinion. This is exactly like that stupid religion thread. oh, wait, i just realized that i haven't said a stupid comment this whole thread. What I think is that we should all shut up and sit down to watch a nice little movie that will brainwash all of us into being eternal slaves of... SHINY OBJECTS!

Hoipa

T

Turtlewax Joe

Star wars is O.K. and kind of cool and Trek is alright to. I think Ewaks(wars)and Feringies(trek)are cool!:cool: