Done.

Turgy22: 7
Hand: 1
Library: 15
Battlefield
(TTTU) Swamp x5
(TTT) Island x3
(U) Rakdos Guildgate
(U) Volrath's Stronghold (T: Add 1; 1B,T: Put target creature card from your graveyard on top of your library.)
(U) Seafloor Debris (EtB tapped; T: Add U; T,Sac: Add Z.)

(U) Wurm Token (3/3, deathtouch)
(U) Stalker Hag (3/2; Swampwalk, forestwalk)
(U) Noggle Bandit (2/2; Noggle Bandit can't be blocked except by creatures with defender.)
(U) Aven Fisher (2/2; Flying; When Aven Fisher dies, you may draw a card.)
(T) Wurmcoil Engine (6/6; Deathtouch, lifelink; When Wurmcoil Engine dies, put a 3/3 colorless Wurm artifact creature token with deathtouch and a 3/3 colorless Wurm artifact creature token with lifelink onto the battlefield.)
(S) Gravedigger (2/2; I gets to pull a critter from my graveyard when it comes into play.)
(S) Dunerider Outlaw (1/1; Pro-Green; Gets +1/+1 counters a la Whirling Dervish)

GY: Assassinate, Hibernation, Enfeeblement, Terror, Dunerider Outlaw, Evincar's Justice, Tethered Skirge, Tolaria West
Exile: Pharagax Giant

Mooseman: 25
Hand: 2
Library: 14
Battlefield

(TTTT) Plains x4
(UUUTTT) Forest x6

(U) Braidwood Cup (T: Gain 1 life)

(U) Knight Token (2/2, Vigilant)
(U) Trostani's Summoner (1/1; When Trostani's Summoner enters the battlefield, put a 2/2 white Knight creature token with vigilance, a 3/3 green Centaur creature token, and a 4/4 green Rhino creature token with trample onto the battlefield.)
(U) Daraja Griffin (2/2, Flying Sacrifice Daraja Griffin: Destroy target black creature. )
(U) Borderland Ranger (2/2, When Borderland Ranger enters the battlefield, you may search your library for a basic land card, reveal it, and put it into your hand. If you do, shuffle your library.)
(S) Thorn Elemental (7/7, Thorn Elemental may deal its combat damage to defending player as though it weren't blocked.)

GY: Tormented Angel, Llanowar Augur, Giant Dustwasp, Freewind Falcon, Devoted Druid, River Boa, Skyshroud Troopers, Wrath of God, Resounding Silence, Heart Warden, Gravel Slinger, Stir the Pride, (tokens don't go here), Fog
Exile:

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
EOT: Gain life
UUD
Well, here goes
Attack with Thorn Elemental
Block/Response?

Turgy22: 7
Hand: 1
Library: 15
Battlefield
(TTTU) Swamp x5
(TTT) Island x3
(U) Rakdos Guildgate
(U) Volrath's Stronghold (T: Add 1; 1B,T: Put target creature card from your graveyard on top of your library.)
(U) Seafloor Debris (EtB tapped; T: Add U; T,Sac: Add Z.)

(U) Wurm Token (3/3, deathtouch)
(U) Stalker Hag (3/2; Swampwalk, forestwalk)
(U) Noggle Bandit (2/2; Noggle Bandit can't be blocked except by creatures with defender.)
(U) Aven Fisher (2/2; Flying; When Aven Fisher dies, you may draw a card.)
(T) Wurmcoil Engine (6/6; Deathtouch, lifelink; When Wurmcoil Engine dies, put a 3/3 colorless Wurm artifact creature token with deathtouch and a 3/3 colorless Wurm artifact creature token with lifelink onto the battlefield.)
(S) Gravedigger (2/2; I gets to pull a critter from my graveyard when it comes into play.)
(S) Dunerider Outlaw (1/1; Pro-Green; Gets +1/+1 counters a la Whirling Dervish)

GY: Assassinate, Hibernation, Enfeeblement, Terror, Dunerider Outlaw, Evincar's Justice, Tethered Skirge, Tolaria West
Exile: Pharagax Giant

Mooseman: 26
Hand: 2
Library: 13
Battlefield

(UUUU) Plains x4
(UUUUUU) Forest x6

(U) Braidwood Cup (T: Gain 1 life)

(U) Knight Token (2/2, Vigilant)
(U) Trostani's Summoner (1/1; When Trostani's Summoner enters the battlefield, put a 2/2 white Knight creature token with vigilance, a 3/3 green Centaur creature token, and a 4/4 green Rhino creature token with trample onto the battlefield.)
(U) Daraja Griffin (2/2, Flying Sacrifice Daraja Griffin: Destroy target black creature. )
(U) Borderland Ranger (2/2, When Borderland Ranger enters the battlefield, you may search your library for a basic land card, reveal it, and put it into your hand. If you do, shuffle your library.)
(T) Thorn Elemental (7/7, Thorn Elemental may deal its combat damage to defending player as though it weren't blocked.)

GY: Tormented Angel, Llanowar Augur, Giant Dustwasp, Freewind Falcon, Devoted Druid, River Boa, Skyshroud Troopers, Wrath of God, Resounding Silence, Heart Warden, Gravel Slinger, Stir the Pride, (tokens don't go here), Fog
Exile:

turgy22

Nothing Special
So you're going to have the elemental do its damage directly to me? Just so you're aware, this will allow my wurm token to live and your elemental will die.

R

rokapoke

I think turgy22 is just facetiously trying to convince Mooseman not to kill him.

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
turgy22, I want to kill. I want to kill! I want to see
Blood and gore and guts and veins in my teeth! Eat dead, burnt bodies! I
Mean: Kill. Kill!

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Well no, that was the question he asked a couple of pages back. Lifelink is a static effect, meaning he gains life as soon as dmg is dealt, so when dmg resolves, when the Engine deals its 6 dmg, he gains 6 life at the same time. So even when the Elemental deals its 7 dmg, turgy22 will be at 6 life.

R

rokapoke

How is he getting lifelink again? He's blocking with the Deathtouch token.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
My bad, I just saw the Engine at a quick glance and assumed that was what was blocking, not re-reading the entire turn and combat actions. You're right.

turgy22

Nothing Special
turgy22, I want to kill. I want to kill! I want to see
Blood and gore and guts and veins in my teeth! Eat dead, burnt bodies! I
Mean: Kill. Kill!
I'm still not clear on what action you want to take. You want to kill me? Or my wurm?

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Just to be clear, are you still in the During Blockers step or Deal Damage step? 'Cause if the former, Mooseman technically doesn't have to say where he's dealing the damage yet...

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
turgy22 does have the chance to respond before damage, then I can change where the damage is going, which is during combat damage.
I was just letting him know for game brevity.

turgy22

Nothing Special
Alas, I am slain. I was trying really hard to get this thread to 7 pages.

Good game, Mooseman. Well-played. I seriously thought I was going to win about 8 turns ago.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Mooseman said:
turgy22 does have the chance to respond before damage, then I can change where the damage is going, which is during combat damage.
I don't quite understand this. It's my understanding that you assign damage only once, as the first part of the Combat Damage step (I was mis-naming it as the Deal Damage step above). You can't "change" it. So During Blockers, turgy22 would have to respond without knowing where the damage will be assigned, either to his blocker or to himself. You don't state where the damage is going when turgy22 declares his blockers.

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
I assigned damage prior to turgy22 having a chance to respond (as we do a lot on these message board games for brevity), thus he has a chance to do something prior to damage.