Rabid Rats

Done

Rokapoke: 14
Hand: 2
Library: 23
Battlefield:

(TU) Forest x2
(TTTT) Mountain x4

(U) Lowland Basilisk (1/3; Basilisk; Whenever ~ deals damage to a creature, destroy that creature at end of combat.) *Detained*

Graveyard: Prodigal Pyromancer, Needlepeak Spider, Fiery Temper, Simoon, Prodigal Pyromancer, Nyxborn Wolf, Hobgoblin Dragoon, Bloodpyre Elemental
Exile:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Spiderman: 15
Hand: 1
Battlefield:

(T,U,U) Swamp x3
(T,U,U,U) Plains x4

CoP: Green (1: The next time a green source of my choice would deal dmg to me this turn, prevent that dmg)
Detainment Spell (Enchanted creature's activated abilities can't be activated.; 1W: Attach ~ to target creature)

(U) Veteran Armorsmith (2/3; Other Soldier creatures I control get +0/+1)
(S) Rabid Rats (1/1; T: Target blocking creature gets -1/-1 ueot)

Graveyard: Suture Spirit, Disembowel, Deathbringer, Death's-Head Buzzard, Befoul, Aven Cloudchaser
Exile:

R

rokapoke

You know, you could've stopped that... just saying.

Untap, upkeep, draw.
Done.

Hand: 3
Library: 22
Battlefield:

(UU) Forest x2
(UUUU) Mountain x4

(U) Lowland Basilisk (1/3; Basilisk; Whenever ~ deals damage to a creature, destroy that creature at end of combat.) *Detained*

Graveyard: Prodigal Pyromancer, Needlepeak Spider, Fiery Temper, Simoon, Prodigal Pyromancer, Nyxborn Wolf, Hobgoblin Dragoon, Bloodpyre Elemental
Exile:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Battlefield:

(T,U,U) Swamp x3
(T,U,U,U) Plains x4

CoP: Green (1: The next time a green source of my choice would deal dmg to me this turn, prevent that dmg)
Detainment Spell (Enchanted creature's activated abilities can't be activated.; 1W: Attach ~ to target creature)

(S) Rabid Rats (1/1; T: Target blocking creature gets -1/-1 ueot)

Graveyard: Suture Spirit, Disembowel, Deathbringer, Death's-Head Buzzard, Befoul, Aven Cloudchaser
Exile:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I don't think so unless I'm mis-understanding how priority works... you were the active player, so you had priority once it resolved and came into play. I couldn't attach my Detainment spell to it unless you said pass or tried to move to another phase, which you didn't, you used it immediately. Is that a correct understanding?

Unless you mean something totally different...

Untap, upkeep, draw.

Attack with the Armorsmith
Responses/blocks/take it?

Battlefield:

(UU) Forest x2
(UUUU) Mountain x4

Exile:
Battlefield:

(U,U,U) Swamp x3
(U,U,U,U) Plains x4

(T) Veteran Armorsmith (2/3; Other Soldier creatures I control get +0/+1)
(U) Rabid Rats (1/1; T: Target blocking creature gets -1/-1 ueot)

Exile:

R

rokapoke

No response, no block.

Also, you probably have a much better understanding of priority. I just assumed that you could use the Detainment Spell ability, as an instant, before I could activate the Elemental as a sorcery. We'd need a judge to weigh in to be certain, I guess.

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
It has been awhile, when the Elemental ETB the stack was empty and priority goes to the active player, who can (in the main phases) start a stack with a sorcery, then pass priority to the non-active player. Since the cost of the ability included saccing the creature, it would not be a legal target for the detainment ability.

R

rokapoke

Thanks for weighing in, Mooseman.

Also, yes, damage resolves.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
That's 2

Glint Hawk Idol

Done

Rokapoke: 12
Battlefield:

(UU) Forest x2
(UUUU) Mountain x4

Exile:
Battlefield:

(T,U,U) Swamp x3
(T,U,U,U) Plains x4

(U) Glint Hawk Idol (Whenever another artifact ETB under my control, I may have ~ become a 2/2 Bird artifact creature w/flying ueot.; W: ~ becomes a 2/2 Bird artifact creature w/flying ueot)

Exile:

R

rokapoke

Untap, upkeep, draw.
Spined Wurm.
Done.

Rokapoke: 12
Library: 21
Battlefield:

(TU) Forest x2
(TTTT) Mountain x4

(S) Spined Wurm (5/4; Wurm)

Exile:
Battlefield:

(T,U,U) Swamp x3
(T,U,U,U) Plains x4

(U) Glint Hawk Idol (Whenever another artifact ETB under my control, I may have ~ become a 2/2 Bird artifact creature w/flying ueot.; W: ~ becomes a 2/2 Bird artifact creature w/flying ueot)

Exile:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Yay for CoP: Green :)

Untap, upkeep, draw

Make my Idol a creature
Attack for 2
Swamp

Done barring any responses to the above.

Rokapoke: 12 10?
Battlefield:

(TU) Forest x2
(TTTT) Mountain x4

(S) Spined Wurm (5/4; Wurm)

Exile:
Battlefield:

(U,U,U,U) Swamp x4
(T,U,U,U) Plains x4

(T) Glint Hawk Idol (Whenever another artifact ETB under my control, I may have ~ become a 2/2 Bird artifact creature w/flying ueot.; W: ~ becomes a 2/2 Bird artifact creature w/flying ueot)

Exile:

R

rokapoke

No responses to that.

Untap, upkeep, draw.
Pitchburn Devils.
Done.

Rokapoke: 10
Library: 20
Battlefield:

(TU) Forest x2
(TTTT) Mountain x4

(U) Spined Wurm (5/4; Wurm)
(S) Pitchburn Devils (3/3; Devil; When ~ dies, it deals 3 damage to target creature or player.)

Exile:
Battlefield:

(U,U,U,U) Swamp x4
(T,U,U,U) Plains x4

(T) Glint Hawk Idol (Whenever another artifact ETB under my control, I may have ~ become a 2/2 Bird artifact creature w/flying ueot.; W: ~ becomes a 2/2 Bird artifact creature w/flying ueot)

Exile:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Untap, upkeep, draw

Make the Idol a creature
Attack with the Idol for 2
Nomads en-Kor

Done barring any responses to that.

Rokapoke: 10 8?
Battlefield:

(TU) Forest x2
(TTTT) Mountain x4

(S) Pitchburn Devils (3/3; Devil; When ~ dies, it deals 3 damage to target creature or player.)

Exile:
Battlefield:

(U,U,U,U) Swamp x4
(T,T,U,U) Plains x4

(S) Nomads en-Kor (1/1; 0: The next 1 dmg that would be dealt to ~ this turn is dealt to target creature I control instead)

Exile:

R

rokapoke

No responses.

Untap, upkeep, draw.
Forest.
Attack with Devils. Block/response?

Rokapoke: 8
Library: 19
Battlefield:

(UUU) Forest x3
(UUUU) Mountain x4

(T) Pitchburn Devils (3/3; Devil; When ~ dies, it deals 3 damage to target creature or player.)

Exile:
Battlefield:

(U,U,U,U) Swamp x4
(T,T,U,U) Plains x4

(S) Nomads en-Kor (1/1; 0: The next 1 dmg that would be dealt to ~ this turn is dealt to target creature I control instead)

Exile:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Sorry, forgot the Nomads are Soldiers and thus get the Armorsmith toughness bonus, making them 1/2. Does that change anything?

R

rokapoke

Actually, in that case, I will withhold my attack.
Done.

Battlefield:

(UUU) Forest x3
(UUUU) Mountain x4

(U) Pitchburn Devils (3/3; Devil; When ~ dies, it deals 3 damage to target creature or player.)

Exile:
Battlefield:

(U,U,U,U) Swamp x4
(T,T,U,U) Plains x4

Exile:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah, sorry about that. I'll change his toughness now.

Untap, upkeep, Draw

Make my Idol a creature
Attack
Responses/blocks/take it?

Battlefield:

(UUU) Forest x3
(UUUU) Mountain x4

(U) Pitchburn Devils (3/3; Devil; When ~ dies, it deals 3 damage to target creature or player.)

Exile:
Battlefield:

(U,U,U,U) Swamp x4
(T,U,U,U) Plains x4

(U) Nomads en-Kor (1/2 from Armorsmith; 0: The next 1 dmg that would be dealt to ~ this turn is dealt to target creature I control instead)

Exile:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
That's 2

Servant of Tymaret

Done

Rokapoke: 6
Battlefield:

(UUU) Forest x3
(UUUU) Mountain x4

Exile:
Battlefield:

(T,T,U,U) Swamp x4
(T,T,U,U) Plains x4

(U) Nomads en-Kor (1/2 from Armorsmith; 0: The next 1 dmg that would be dealt to ~ this turn is dealt to target creature I control instead)
(S) Servant of Tymaret (1/3; Inspired-Whenever ~ becomes untapped, each opponent loses 1 life. I gain life equal to the life lost this way.; 2B: Regen ~)

Exile:

R

rokapoke

Untap, upkeep, draw.
Wild Nacatl.
Done.

Rokapoke: 6
Library: 18
Battlefield:

(UUT) Forest x3
(UUUU) Mountain x4

(S) Wild Nacatl (2/2; Cat Warrior; ~ gets +1/+1 as long as you control a Mountain. ~ gets +1/+1 as long as you control a Plains.)

Exile:
Battlefield:

(T,T,U,U) Swamp x4
(T,T,U,U) Plains x4

(S) Servant of Tymaret (1/3; Inspired-Whenever ~ becomes untapped, each opponent loses 1 life. I gain life equal to the life lost this way.; 2B: Regen ~)

Exile: