Sports League Season 4, Week 7: Turgy22 vs. Spiderman

R

rokapoke

So I believe the effect "fizzles", meaning the damage can no longer be redirected, which means the Nomads take the damage. At least that's how I interpret it.
For what it's worth, I agree with your interpretation.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Hm. Bummer. Well, I'll use the Nomads ability 100 times, redirecting to the Broodlings, to make sure I don't forget to use it during all of this :)

So here we are:
Stack:
Outlaw LL
Skeletons LL

Skeletons LL resolves, everyone takes 1 dmg except the Nomads, Broodlings take an additional 1. Result: Aven Fisher and Broodlings go to graveyard, triggering LL.

Stack:
Outlaw LL
Fisher LL
Broodlings LL

I'll activate the Nomads ability 10 times, directing to the Prowler.

Broodlings LL resolves, everyone takes 1 dmg except the Nomads, Prowler takes an additional 1. Result: Prowler goes to the graveyard, triggering LL. No creatures are on the battlefield, triggering LL's sac condition.

Stack:
Outlaw LL
Fisher LL
Prowler LL

Prowler LL resolves, dealing 1 to everyone. Nomads go to the graveyard, triggering LL.

Stack:
Outlaw LL
Fisher LL
Nomads LL
LL sac

Everything pretty much resolves, so LL goes to the graveyard and we take a total of 3 more.

That sound about right? If so, it's your turn (unless you have more EOT effects)

Turgy22:11
Hand: 4
Library: 28
Battlefield
(TTU) Swamp x3
(U) Island x1
(U) Volrath's Stronghold (T: Add 1; 1B,T: Put target creature card from your graveyard on top of your library.)

Graveyard: Moriok Replica, Dunerider Outlaw, Aven Fisher
Exile:

Spiderman:13
Hand: 2
Library: 29
Battlefield

(T) Plains
(T,T,T,U) Swamp x4

Graveyard: Drudge Skeletons, Phyrexian Broodlings, Skyhunter Prowler, Nomads en-Kor, Last Laugh
Exile:

turgy22

Nothing Special
That sound about right?
I think you missed the card I draw from the Aven Fisher. Other than that, yeah, I think that's what I predicted when I started this whole thing.
If so, it's your turn (unless you have more EOT effects)
Of course I do! EOT: Use Stronghold to pull my Outlaw out from the graveyard and onto my library.

Untap, upkeep, draw.
Swamp.
Dunerider Outlaw.
Gravedigger, targeting Aven Fisher.
Done.

Library: 27
Battlefield
(TTTT) Swamp x4
(T) Island x1
(T) Volrath's Stronghold (T: Add 1; 1B,T: Put target creature card from your graveyard on top of your library.)

(S) Dunerider Outlaw (1/1; Pro-green; At the beginning of each end step, if Dunerider Outlaw dealt damage to an opponent this turn, put a +1/+1 counter on it.)
(S) Gravedigger (2/2; When Gravedigger enters the battlefield, you may return target creature card from your graveyard to your hand.)

Graveyard: Moriok Replica
Exile:

Hand: 2
Library: 29
Battlefield

(T) Plains
(T,T,T,U) Swamp x4

Graveyard: Drudge Skeletons, Phyrexian Broodlings, Skyhunter Prowler, Nomads en-Kor, Last Laugh
Exile:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Wonderful.

Untap, upkeep, Draw

Plains
Aven Cloudchaser

Done

Battlefield
(TTTT) Swamp x4
(T) Island x1
(T) Volrath's Stronghold (T: Add 1; 1B,T: Put target creature card from your graveyard on top of your library.)

(S) Dunerider Outlaw (1/1; Pro-green; At the beginning of each end step, if Dunerider Outlaw dealt damage to an opponent this turn, put a +1/+1 counter on it.)
(S) Gravedigger (2/2; When Gravedigger enters the battlefield, you may return target creature card from your graveyard to your hand.)

Exile:

Hand: 1
Battlefield

(T,U) Plains x2
(T,T,T,U) Swamp x4

(S) Aven Cloudchaser (2/2; Flying; When ~ ETB, destroy target enchantment)

Exile:

turgy22

Nothing Special
Untap, upkeep, Draw
Swamp.
Enfeeblement on your Cloudchaser.
Response?

Library: 26
Battlefield
(UUUTT) Swamp x5
(U) Island x1
(U) Volrath's Stronghold (T: Add 1; 1B,T: Put target creature card from your graveyard on top of your library.)

Enfeeblement (Enchant Creature; Enchanted creature gets -2/-2.)

(U) Dunerider Outlaw (1/1; Pro-green; At the beginning of each end step, if Dunerider Outlaw dealt damage to an opponent this turn, put a +1/+1 counter on it.)
(U) Gravedigger (2/2; When Gravedigger enters the battlefield, you may return target creature card from your graveyard to your hand.)

Exile:

Battlefield

(T,U) Plains x2
(T,T,T,U) Swamp x4

(S) Aven Cloudchaser (2/2; Flying; When ~ ETB, destroy target enchantment) ~Enfeebled?~ ~DEAD?~

Exile:

turgy22

Nothing Special
Attack with both creatures.
Done.

Turgy22: 11
Hand: 3
Battlefield
(UUUTT) Swamp x5
(U) Island x1

(T) Dunerider Outlaw (2/2; Pro-green; At the beginning of each end step, if Dunerider Outlaw dealt damage to an opponent this turn, put a +1/+1 counter on it.) ~+1/+1 counter~
(T) Gravedigger (2/2; When Gravedigger enters the battlefield, you may return target creature card from your graveyard to your hand.)

Graveyard: Moriok Replica, Enfeeblement
Exile:

Spiderman:13 / 10?
Battlefield

(T,U) Plains x2
(T,T,T,U) Swamp x4

Graveyard: Drudge Skeletons, Phyrexian Broodlings, Skyhunter Prowler, Nomads en-Kor, Last Laugh, Aven Cloudchaser
Exile:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I think the end is near.

Utnap, upkeep, Draw

Plains

Done
Battlefield
(UUUTT) Swamp x5
(U) Island x1

(T) Dunerider Outlaw (2/2; Pro-green; At the beginning of each end step, if Dunerider Outlaw dealt damage to an opponent this turn, put a +1/+1 counter on it.) ~+1/+1 counter~
(T) Gravedigger (2/2; When Gravedigger enters the battlefield, you may return target creature card from your graveyard to your hand.)

Graveyard: Moriok Replica, Enfeeblement
Exile:

Spiderman:10
Battlefield

(U,U,U) Plains x3
(U,U,U,U) Swamp x4

Graveyard: Drudge Skeletons, Phyrexian Broodlings, Skyhunter Prowler, Nomads en-Kor, Last Laugh, Aven Cloudchaser
Exile:

turgy22

Nothing Special
Amazing how quickly what looked to be a drawn-out creature stalemate morphed into this. The Last Laugh really helped me out.

EOT: Put Moriok Replica back on my library.

Untap, upkeep, draw.
Attack with both creatures.
Assuming no response...
Blind Phantasm.
Done.

Battlefield
(TTUUU) Swamp x5
(T) Island x1

(T) Dunerider Outlaw (3/3; Pro-green; At the beginning of each end step, if Dunerider Outlaw dealt damage to an opponent this turn, put a +1/+1 counter on it.) ~+1/+1 counter~
(S) Blind Phantasm (2/3)

Graveyard: Enfeeblement
Exile:

Spiderman:10 / 6?
Battlefield

(U,U,U) Plains x3
(U,U,U,U) Swamp x4

Exile:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah, that sucked. :)
Untap, upkeep, draw.

Swamp

Done.

Battlefield
(TTUUU) Swamp x5
(T) Island x1

(T) Dunerider Outlaw (3/3; Pro-green; At the beginning of each end step, if Dunerider Outlaw dealt damage to an opponent this turn, put a +1/+1 counter on it.) ~+1/+1 counter~
(S) Blind Phantasm (2/3)

Exile:

Spiderman:6
Battlefield

(U,U,U) Plains x3
(U,U,U,U,U) Swamp x5

Exile:

turgy22

Nothing Special
Untap, upkeep, draw.
Attack with all 3 FTW?

Library: 25
Battlefield
(UUUUU) Swamp x5
(U) Island x1

(T,A) Dunerider Outlaw (3/3; Pro-green; At the beginning of each end step, if Dunerider Outlaw dealt damage to an opponent this turn, put a +1/+1 counter on it.) ~+1/+1 counter~
(T,A) Gravedigger (2/2; When Gravedigger enters the battlefield, you may return target creature card from your graveyard to your hand.)
(T,A) Blind Phantasm (2/3)

Exile:

Spiderman:6 / 0?
Battlefield

(U,U,U) Plains x3
(U,U,U,U,U) Swamp x5

Exile:

turgy22

Nothing Special
Good game.

Just out of curiosity, how much thought did you put into the decision to play Last Laugh? I'm sure you didn't expect me to trigger it immediately, but did you notice the potential for the sweep with my Replica in play? Were you expecting the Nomads to be able to live through the onslaught?

Not trying to rub in the mistake, but I was just trying to figure out your thought process on that one. I was pretty giddy when I realized I'd be able to break up the stalemate and come out ahead by 3 cards and get all my creatures back, if necessary, through the Stronghold.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
LOL, pretty much no thought went into playing it. I totally missed that saccing the Replica would start the chain reaction and I didn't draw anything in the what, next three turns to get rid of your guys that you kept putting out. Gotta remember to save Befoul for the Laboratory next time... :)