Sports League Season 3 Draft

Melkor

I note that it appears we started out with 73 cards, leaving us with only 13 left for 15 picks.

turgy22

Nothing Special
Gah! Why didn't you count the cards sooner?

Um... yeah. So what happened was that after I generated the cards, I checked the number and had 75. But when I put the packs through my color sorter script, I used an old script by accident that didn't recognize the updated notation for colorless cards, so two of the artifacts that should have been generated failed to pass through. So we're missing Prophetic Prism and Reinforced Bulwark from the draft.

Options:
1. We can forget this whole thing ever happened, continue drafting and I (drafting last) will end up shorted two cards. I have no problem with this, since I'd be ending up with dreck anyway.
2. We can put the missing cards in now. If anyone would have taken them sooner in the draft, they can drop another pick, free agent-style, to grab them. We can continue doing this until everyone is satisfied that the cards ended up in their proper places in the draft.
3. We can start the whole thing over with all the cards included. Things will probably go much differently, though.
4. We can start the whole thing over with a new set of cards.

I've listed the options in the order of my preference on handling things. If the majority of players agrees that the first option is the most fair and simple way to move on, we'll just keep going. If not, we can choose another option or do something else entirely if anyone has any better ideas.

R

rokapoke

I'm good with option 1 -- although #4 is certainly tempting...

Melkor

I'm fine with anything but Option 3, redrafting this again would bore me to tears. I'd put them in the same order as turgy22 put them. 1 is the simplest and it only hurts turgy22 and barely at that.

turgy22

Nothing Special
Shall we have a vote on it?

I vote for option 1. I'm anxious to get back to playing some actual games.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I honestly don't know if I would have taken those cards, so while option 3 is "the best" (as in starting over), we all have information on what picks other players want. And in the same vein, since I probably wouldn't have taken them, my current picks are fine and we can go with #1.

However, to be fair, I would go with option 4 if someone else *really* feels strongly that we need to redo the draft.

So I'm a toss-up between #1 and #4. If I had to call it, I'd say #1. But if there becomes a tie between #1 and #4, I'll switch to #4 to break it and move on :)