Sports League Season 2, Match 1: Spidey vs Melkor

Melkor

Block Armorsmith with Woeleecher, Nomads with Watchwing and Skeletons with Faeries and I'll tap to deal 1 damage to the Mass

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Regen the Skeletons and redirect the dmg going to the Nomad to the Armorsmith.

Anything else or dmg resolves?

Melkor

The Skeletons don't need to be regenerated because I tapped the Faeries to kill the Mass, I'm going to cast Anoint with Buyback to prevent the next 3 damage dealt to the Faeries

Melkor

Alright, Armorsmith and Mass go to Graveyard and I take no damage, anything else on your turn?

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Nope, done

Spidey: 2
Hand: 1
Library: 18
Battlefield:

(U,U) Plains x2
(U,U,U,U,U,U) Swamp x6

(T) Dauthi Slayer (2/2; Shadow; ~ attacks each turn if able) Formed
(T) Nomads en-Kor (1/1; 0: The next 1 dmg that would be dealt to ~ this turn is dealt to target creature I control instead)
(T) Drudge Skeletons (1/1; B: Regen ~)

Graveyard: Roterothopter, Befoul, Disembowel, Skittering Horror, Akrasan Squire, Slinking Skirge, Skyhunter Prowler, Guardian Idol, Skyshroud Falcon, Veteran Armorsmith, Squirming Mass
Exile:

Melkor: 4
Hand: 3
Library: 17
Battlefield:

(U) (U) (U) (U) (U) Island x5
(U) (U) (U) (U) Plains x4

Gaseous Form (Enchanted creature neither gives nor receives combat damage)

(U) Thornwind Faeries (1/1, Flying, T: ~ deals 1 damage to target creature or player)
(U) Watchwing Scarecrow (2/4, if you control a white creature ~ gains Vigilance, if you control a blue creature ~ gains Flying)
(T) Riftmarked Knight (2/2, Flanking, Protection from Black, Suspend etc.)
(U) Woeleecher (3/5, W, T: Remove a -1/-1 counter from target creature. If you do, gain 2 life)
(T) Minister of Impediments (1/1, T: Tap target creature)

Graveyard: Fencer Clique, Belltower Sphinx, Revered Dead, Capashen Templar, Time Ebb
Exile:

R

rokapoke

Melkor;288732 said:
The Skeletons don't need to be regenerated because I tapped the Faeries to kill the Mass, I'm going to cast Anoint with Buyback to prevent the next 3 damage dealt to the Faeries
Wait, I thought the rules had been changed such that tapped blockers still dealt damage...?

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
They did with 6th edition rules, but I wasn't sure if Melkor thought Magic 2010 rules changed it back. Either way, it's just a simple regen, no big deal (although I guess it'd be good to know for the future).

Melkor

Really, 6th Edition changed tapped blockers? I guess that just never updated in my head.

Untap, Upkeep, Draw

Attack with Watchwing, Woeleecher and Knight, responses?

Spidey: 2
Hand: 1
Library: 18
Battlefield:

(U,U) Plains x2
(U,U,U,U,U,U) Swamp x6

(T) Dauthi Slayer (2/2; Shadow; ~ attacks each turn if able) Formed
(T) Nomads en-Kor (1/1; 0: The next 1 dmg that would be dealt to ~ this turn is dealt to target creature I control instead)
(T) Drudge Skeletons (1/1; B: Regen ~)

Graveyard: Roterothopter, Befoul, Disembowel, Skittering Horror, Akrasan Squire, Slinking Skirge, Skyhunter Prowler, Guardian Idol, Skyshroud Falcon, Veteran Armorsmith, Squirming Mass
Exile:

Melkor: 4
Hand: 3
Library: 17
Battlefield:

(U) (U) (U) (U) (U) Island x5
(U) (U) (U) (U) Plains x4

Gaseous Form (Enchanted creature neither gives nor receives combat damage)

(U) Thornwind Faeries (1/1, Flying, T: ~ deals 1 damage to target creature or player)
(U) Watchwing Scarecrow (2/4, if you control a white creature ~ gains Vigilance, if you control a blue creature ~ gains Flying)
(T) Riftmarked Knight (2/2, Flanking, Protection from Black, Suspend etc.)
(T) Woeleecher (3/5, W, T: Remove a -1/-1 counter from target creature. If you do, gain 2 life)
(U) Minister of Impediments (1/1, T: Tap target creature)

Graveyard: Fencer Clique, Belltower Sphinx, Revered Dead, Capashen Templar, Time Ebb
Exile:

turgy22

Nothing Special
And Melkor pulls out another one. Amazing! Early in the game I thought he was dead in the water, but that Gaseous Form gave him enough time to gain control.

Melkor

Never underestimate the heart of a champion.

Seriously though, that Dauthi Slayer would have easily killed me without the Gaseous Form. The whole thing was a nailbiter.