Sports League Season 1, Match 7: Modus Pwnens vs DarthFerret

turgy22

Nothing Special
Modus Pwnens takes a 24-hour penalty of 1 life.
His next penalty (2 life) will be today (Sept 25) at 8:40am Eastern time (40 minutes from now).

M

Modus Pwnens

Whoah, must have overlooked this one.
Oh well, fair's fair :)

Karstoderm (graft 1, done)

Modus Pwnens: 19
Hand: 4
Library: 30
In play:

(T, T, T) Forest
(T) Island

(T) Tangle Asp (1/2, whenever ~ blocks or becomes blocked by a creature, destroy that creature at end of combat)
(U) River Boa (2/1, islandwalk. G: regenerate ~)
(U) Aquastrand Spider (1/1, graft 2. G: target creature with a +1/+1 counter on it gains reach until end of turn) *1 counter*
(U) Karstoderm (6/6, ~ comes into play with 5 +1/+1 counters. Whenever an artifact comes into play, remove a +1/+1 counter from ~) *6 counters*

GY:
RFG:

Darthferret: 17
Library: 29
In play:

(T,T,T,T) Plains

(U) Resistance Fighter (1/1, Sac this to prevent combat damage from a creature)
(S) Steelshaper Apprentice (1/3, W,T: Return ~ to hand to search library for equipment, reveal it and put it in hand)

Enchant: Knighthood: All of my creatures have First Strike

GY:
RFG:

D

DarthFerret

UUD,

Healers Headress (Removing a counter from Karstoderm), Done.

Library: 30
In play:

(T, T, T) Forest
(T) Island

(T) Tangle Asp (1/2, whenever ~ blocks or becomes blocked by a creature, destroy that creature at end of combat)
(U) Aquastrand Spider (1/1, graft 2. G: target creature with a +1/+1 counter on it gains reach until end of turn) *1 counter*
(U) Karstoderm (5/5, ~ comes into play with 5 +1/+1 counters. Whenever an artifact comes into play, remove a +1/+1 counter from ~) *5 counters*

GY:
RFG:

Darthferret: 17
Library: 28
In play:

(U,U,T,T) Plains

(U) Steelshaper Apprentice (1/3, W,T: Return ~ to hand to search library for equipment, reveal it and put it in hand)

(U) Healers Headress (Equip 1: Equipped creature gains +0/+2 and has T: prevent 1 dmge to a target. [WW: attach ~ to target creature you control])

GY:
RFG:

M

Modus Pwnens

Untap, upkeep, draw.
Attack with Karstoderm and Tangle Asp. Blocks/Responses?

D

DarthFerret

Block Karstoderm with steel shaper apprentice

Pass Priority...

D

DarthFerret

Sure....damage on the stack, then pay W to bounce the steel shaper apprentice to my hand...pass priority (prolly saw that commin huh?)

D

DarthFerret

Reveal Helm of Kaldra and put it in my hand (7 cards in hand now), will allow the rest of combat..(unless something really wierd happens)

M

Modus Pwnens

I'll assume taking 1 isn't that weird ;)

Forest, Done.

In play:

(U, U, U) Forest
(U) Island

(T) Karstoderm (5/5, ~ comes into play with 5 +1/+1 counters. Whenever an artifact comes into play, remove a +1/+1 counter from ~) *5 counters*

GY:
RFG:

Darthferret: 16
Hand: 6
Library: 27
In play:

(U,U,T,T) Plains

(U) Steelshaper Apprentice (1/3, W,T: Return ~ to hand to search library for equipment, reveal it and put it in hand) *In hand*

(U) Healers Headress (Equip 1: Equipped creature gains +0/+2 and has T: prevent 1 dmge to a target. [WW: attach ~ to target creature you control])

GY:
RFG:

D

DarthFerret

UUD

Play a plains, Warrior En-Kor, done.

In play:

(U, U, U) Forest
(U) Island

(T) Karstoderm (5/5, ~ comes into play with 5 +1/+1 counters. Whenever an artifact comes into play, remove a +1/+1 counter from ~) *5 counters*

GY:
RFG:

Darthferret: 16
Hand: 5
Library: 26
In play:

(T,T,U,U,U) Plains

(S) Warrior en-Kor (2/2, 0: redirect 1 damage to target creature you control)

GY:
RFG:

D

DarthFerret

no blocks, on damage phase, sac the resistance fighter to prevent derm's damage and take 1 damage from asp.

M

Modus Pwnens

Thought Carrier.
Done.

In play:

(T, U, U) Forest
(T) Island

(S) Thought Carrier (1/1, T: Draw, discard)

GY:
RFG:

Darthferret: 15
Hand: 5
Library: 26
In play:

(T,T,U,U,U) Plains

(S) Warrior en-Kor (2/2, 0: redirect 1 damage to target creature you control)

GY: Resistance Fighter
RFG:

D

DarthFerret

EOT : Equip the headress to the warriors,

UUD

Plains, Teremko Griffin, done.

In play:

(T, U, U) Forest
(T) Island

(S) Thought Carrier (1/1, T: Draw, discard)

GY:
RFG:

Darthferret: 15
Library: 25
In play:

(T,T,T,T,U,U) Plains

(U) Warrior en-Kor (2/2, 0: redirect 1 damage to target creature you control) ** Equipped 2/4, T: prevetn 1 damage any target **
(S) Teremko Griffin (2/2, banding, flying)

(U) Healers Headress (Equip 1: Equipped creature gains +0/+2 and has T: prevent 1 dmge to a target. [WW: attach ~ to target creature you control]) Equipped to Warrior en-Kor

GY: Resistance Fighter
RFG:

M

Modus Pwnens

UUD.

Temporal Spring, putting your Warrior on top of your library. Response?

M

Modus Pwnens

Attack with Karstoderm, Tangle Asp and River Boa.
Blocks/responses?

D

DarthFerret

block the boa with my griffin (don't forget he has first strike..)

Will not block the others..