Sports League Season 1, Match 16: Spidey vs Modus Pwnens

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
If I can... I thought I'd cause a ctr to be lost.... so instead of the Warrior, tap the two Swamp for Dauthi Slayer. Thanks.

Still no response to your Attack Declaration.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Well, since my Warrior is no longer a target, who's getting the ctr from the Grove during your upkeep?

M

Modus Pwnens

Something tells me you have an on-board trick before damage is going to resolve :)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Nothing major. Once dmg is on the stack, tap UU to turn the Licid into an enchantment targeting your Acolyte. That's it.

M

Modus Pwnens

Thought Carrier.
Island.
Activate Novijen for a counter.

Done.

Modus Pwnens: 13
Hand: 3
Library: 28
Play:

(T, T, U) Forest
(T, T) Island
(T) Novijen, Heart of Progress (T: 1. UG, T: Put a +1/+1 counter on each creature that came into play this turn)

Afiya Grove (~ comes into play with three +1/+1 counters on it.
At the beginning of your upkeep, move a +1/+1 counter from Afiya Grove onto target creature. When ~ has no +1/+1 counters on it, sacrifice it) *1 counters*

(T) Tangle Asp (2/3, when ~ blocks or becomes blocked by a creature, destroy that creature at end of combat) *1 +1/+1 counter*
(T) Multani's Acolyte (3/2, echo GG. When ~ comes into play, draw a card) *1 +1/+1 counter* *Stung*
(S) Thought Carrier (2/2, T: Loot) *1 +1/+1 counter*

GY:
RFG:

Spiderman: 12
Hand: 2
Play:

(T,T,U) Island x3
(T,U) Swamp x2

(U) Manakin (1/1, T: Add 1 to my mana pool)
(T) Living Airship (2/3, flying, 2G: Regen ~)
(T) Wasp Lancer (3/2, flying)
(U) Stinging Licid (1/1, 1U, T: ~ loses this ability and becomes an Aura enchantment with enchant creature. Attach it to target creature. I may pay U to end this effect. Whenever enchanted creature becomes tapped, ~ deals 2 dmg to that creature's controller) *Enchantment*
(S) Dauthi Slayer (X/X, shadow)

GY:
RFG:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Untap, upkeep, Draw

Attack with the fliers and Slayer
Responses/blocks/take it?

Modus Pwnens: 13
Play:

(T, T, U) Forest
(T, T) Island
(T) Novijen, Heart of Progress (T: 1. UG, T: Put a +1/+1 counter on each creature that came into play this turn)

At the beginning of your upkeep, move a +1/+1 counter from Afiya Grove onto target creature. When ~ has no +1/+1 counters on it, sacrifice it) *1 counters*

(T) Tangle Asp (2/3, when ~ blocks or becomes blocked by a creature, destroy that creature at end of combat) *1 +1/+1 counter*
(T) Multani's Acolyte (3/2, echo GG. When ~ comes into play, draw a card) *1 +1/+1 counter* *Stung*

GY:
RFG:

Library: 27
Play:

(U,U,U) Island x3
(U,U) Swamp x2

(U) Stinging Licid (1/1, 1U, T: ~ loses this ability and becomes an Aura enchantment with enchant creature. Attach it to target creature. I may pay U to end this effect. Whenever enchanted creature becomes tapped, ~ deals 2 dmg to that creature's controller) *Enchantment*
(T) Dauthi Slayer (2/2, shadow, ~ attacks each turn if able)

GY:
RFG:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
That's 7

Done

Modus Pwnens: 6
Play:

(T, T, U) Forest
(T, T) Island

GY:
RFG:

Library: 27
Play:

(U,U,U) Island x3
(U,U) Swamp x2

(T) Dauthi Slayer (2/2, shadow, ~ attacks each turn if able)

GY:
RFG:

M

Modus Pwnens

I forgot the last counter, so I'll put that on the Tangle asp and attack with that. Do you have a response after all, since the tangle asp getting an extra counter might change something.. :)

M

Modus Pwnens

Activate the Looter.. No Moment's Peace, you'll win this one. Good game =)