Sports League Season 1, Match 10: Spidey vs DarthFerret

D

DarthFerret

Untap, upkeep, draw, Cloudchaser Eagle (Targeting your Licid as the destroyed enchantment), and Re-equip the Headdress to the Benalish Hero, any responses so far?

Spidey: 10
Hand: 1
Library: 21
In Play:

(U,U,U,U) Island x4
(U,U) Swamp x2

(U) Guardion Idol (~ CIP tapped. T: Add 1 to my mana pool. 2: ~ becomes a 2/2 Golem artifact creature ueot)

(U) Manakin (1/1, T: Add 1 to my mana pool)
(T) Dauthi Slayer (2/2, Shadow, ~ attacks each turn if able)
(U) Psychic Membrane (0/3, Defender, Whenever ~ blocks, I may draw a card)
(U) Phyrexian Broodlings (3/3 due to ctr, 1, Sac a creature: Put a +1/+1 ctr on ~) *1 +1/+1 ctr*
(U) Veil of Birds (1/1, flying)
(U) Arcbound Worker (1/1 due to ctr, Modular 1) *1 +1/+1 ctr*

Stinging Licid (1/1, 1U, T: ~ loses this ability and becomes an Aura enchantment w/enchant creature. Attach it to target creature. I may pay U to end this effect. Whenever enchanted creature becomes tapped, ~ deals 2 dmg to that creature's controller) Dead?

Graveyard: Merchant Scroll, Miscalculation, Blind Phantasm, Roterothopter
RFG:

DF: 13
Hand: 2
Library: 22
In Play:

Plains: T,T,T,T,T,T,U

Equipment: Healers Headress (Equip: 1, WW: equip to target creature, Equipped creature gains +0/+2 and T: prevent 1 damage to target creature or player)

(U) Teremko Griffin (2/2, flying, banding) *Stung by Licid*??
(U) Ekundu Griffin (2/2, Flying, First Strike)
(U) Venerable Monk (2/2, when ~ CIP, gain 2 life)
(U) Wojek Apothecary (1/1, Radiance, T: prevent 1 damage to target creature and every other creature that shares a color with it)
(U) Benalish Hero (1/1, Banding) **Equipped 1/3 and T: to prevent 1 dmg**
(S) Cloudchaser Eagle (2/2 flying)

Graveyard: Anoint, Auriok Transfixer
RFG:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
In response to the Eagle's CIP, pay U to turn the Licid back to a creature. No response to the re-equipping.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Hold on, in response to your Declare Attack, I'll pay UB and attach the Licid to your Ekundu Griffin.

D

DarthFerret

Will go ahead and take the damage to tap him and still attack with him. However, I will prevent one by tapping my Hero.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Untap, upkeep, draw

Attack with the Slayer and Broodlings
Responses/blocks?

Spidey: 6
Library: 20
In Play:

(U,U,U,U) Island x4
(U,U) Swamp x2

(U) Guardion Idol (~ CIP tapped. T: Add 1 to my mana pool. 2: ~ becomes a 2/2 Golem artifact creature ueot)

(U) Manakin (1/1, T: Add 1 to my mana pool)
(T) Phyrexian Broodlings (3/3 due to ctr, 1, Sac a creature: Put a +1/+1 ctr on ~) *1 +1/+1 ctr*

Stinging Licid (1/1, 1U, T: ~ loses this ability and becomes an Aura enchantment w/enchant creature. Attach it to target creature. I may pay U to end this effect. Whenever enchanted creature becomes tapped, ~ deals 2 dmg to that creature's controller)

RFG:

DF: 12
In Play:

Equipment: Healers Headress (Equip: 1, WW: equip to target creature, Equipped creature gains +0/+2 and T: prevent 1 damage to target creature or player)

(T) Teremko Griffin (2/2, flying, banding)
(T) Ekundu Griffin (2/2, Flying, First Strike) *Stung by Licid*
(U) Venerable Monk (2/2, when ~ CIP, gain 2 life)
(U) Wojek Apothecary (1/1, Radiance, T: prevent 1 damage to target creature and every other creature that shares a color with it)
(T) Benalish Hero (1/1, Banding) **Equipped 1/3 and T: to prevent 1 dmg**

Graveyard: Anoint, Auriok Transfixer
RFG:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Confiscate the Teremko Griffin

Done

In Play:

(T,T,T,U) Island x4
(T,T) Swamp x2

Confiscate (I control enchanted permanent)

(T) Manakin (1/1, T: Add 1 to my mana pool)
(T) Phyrexian Broodlings (3/3 due to ctr, 1, Sac a creature: Put a +1/+1 ctr on ~) *1 +1/+1 ctr*
(T) Teremko Griffin (2/2, flying, banding) *Confiscated*

Stinging Licid (1/1, 1U, T: ~ loses this ability and becomes an Aura enchantment w/enchant creature. Attach it to target creature. I may pay U to end this effect. Whenever enchanted creature becomes tapped, ~ deals 2 dmg to that creature's controller)

RFG:

DF: 10
In Play:

Graveyard: Anoint, Auriok Transfixer, Venerable Monk
RFG:

D

DarthFerret

UUD, Attack with Griffin and Eagle (I will also tap the hero to prevent 1 damage to myself, taking 1 for the tapping), responses?

In Play:

(T,T,T,U) Island x4
(T,T) Swamp x2

Confiscate (I control enchanted permanent)

(T) Teremko Griffin (2/2, flying, banding) *Confiscated*

RFG:

DF: 10
In Play:

Plains: U,U,U,U,U,U,U

(T) Cloudchaser Eagle (2/2 flying)

RFG:

D

DarthFerret

Ok, you take 2 and my eagle dies...you killing the birds or the griffin?

D

DarthFerret

Ok, my eagle dies, your birds die, you took 2 damage (from Griffin), on Main Phase 2 I will cast Miraculous Recovery on my Eagle (targeting the Confiscate when the eagle comes into play and giving the eagle a +1/+1 counter), and will cast Resistance Fighter. Any responses? (if not I will repost and update the board unless you want to.....I have one untapped plain left)

D

DarthFerret

ok, done. This should be the updated board. Let me know if I missed anything.

Spidey: 4
In Play:

(T,T,T,U) Island x4
(T,T) Swamp x2

Graveyard: Merchant Scroll, Miscalculation, Blind Phantasm, Roterothopter, Confiscate, Veil of Birds
RFG:

DF: 9
In Play:

(S) Cloudchaser Eagle (3/3 due to Miraculous Recovery, Flying)
(T) Teremko Griffin (2/2, flying, banding)
(S) Resistance Fighter (1/1, Sac to prevent all combat damage from a creature)

RFG:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Untap, upkeep, Draw

Undo (Return two target creatures to their owner's hands) on your Eagle and Teremko Griffin

Make the Idol a creature
Attack with the Idol, Slayer, Broodlings
Responses/blocks?

Spidey: 4
Library: 19
In Play:

(T,T,T,U) Island x4
(T,T) Swamp x2

(T) Guardion Idol (~ CIP tapped. T: Add 1 to my mana pool. 2: ~ becomes a 2/2 Golem artifact creature ueot)

Graveyard: Merchant Scroll, Miscalculation, Blind Phantasm, Roterothopter, Confiscate, Veil of Birds, Undo
RFG:

DF: 9
Hand: 4 (Eagle and Teremko Griffin)
In Play:

(S) Resistance Fighter (1/1, Sac to prevent all combat damage from a creature)

RFG: