Sports League Season 1, Match 10: Spidey vs DarthFerret

D

DarthFerret

UUD, Attack with Ekundu Griffin, responses?

Spidey: 20
Hand: 4
Library: 27
In Play:

(T,U) Island x2
(U) Swamp

(T) Guardion Idol (~ CIP tapped. T: Add 1 to my mana pool. 2: ~ becomes a 2/2 Golem artifacrt creature ueot)

(U) Roterothopter (0/2, flying, 2: ~ gets +1/+0 ueot. Play this ability no more than twice each turn)
(T) Manakin (1/1, T: Add 1 to my mana pool)
(U) Blind Phantasm (2/3)

Stinging Licid (1/1, 1U, T: ~ loses this ability and becomes an Aura enchantment w/enchant creature. Attach it to target creature. I may pay U to end this effect. Whenever enchanted creature becomes tapped, ~ deals 2 dmg to that creature's controller) *Enchanting Transfixer*

Graveyard: Merchant Scroll
RFG:

DF: 18
Library: 28
In Play:

(U,U,U,U,U) Plains

(U) Auriok Transfixer (1/1, W,T: Tap target artifact) *Stung by Licid*
(U) Teremko Griffin (2/2, flying, banding)
(T) Ekundu Griffin (2/2, Flying, First Strike)

Graveyard:
RFG:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Untap, upkeep, Draw

Attack with the Phantasm and Roterothopter
Responses/blocks?

Spidey: 18
Hand: 5
Library: 26
In Play:

(U,U) Island x2
(U) Swamp

(U) Guardion Idol (~ CIP tapped. T: Add 1 to my mana pool. 2: ~ becomes a 2/2 Golem artifacrt creature ueot)

(T) Roterothopter (0/2, flying, 2: ~ gets +1/+0 ueot. Play this ability no more than twice each turn)
(U) Manakin (1/1, T: Add 1 to my mana pool)
(T) Blind Phantasm (2/3)

Stinging Licid (1/1, 1U, T: ~ loses this ability and becomes an Aura enchantment w/enchant creature. Attach it to target creature. I may pay U to end this effect. Whenever enchanted creature becomes tapped, ~ deals 2 dmg to that creature's controller) *Enchanting Transfixer*

Graveyard: Merchant Scroll
RFG:

In Play:

(U,U,U,U,U) Plains

(U) Auriok Transfixer (1/1, W,T: Tap target artifact) *Stung by Licid*

Graveyard:
RFG:

D

DarthFerret

Band the Transfixer and the Teremko Griffin together to block the Phantasm, pass priority..

D

DarthFerret

Ok, I have always had trouble with priority and timing, so this is basically what I am going to do. I will be assigning all damage to the Transfixer and targeting him with Annoint (paying the buyback cost) preventing 3 the next 3 damage (since you did 2 he lives...). So however that order is supposed to be...that is how I am doing it.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
That's fine. What happens is that we assign dmg and then I get priority first since it's my turn. I pass, so you get priority, and that's when you cast your Anoint w/buyback. Now, I *think* you get priority again for being the active player? but in either case, whenever I get priority after the Anoint, I'll tap an Island and the Idol to Miscalculate the Anoint. I pass to you so you have priority.. responses?

D

DarthFerret

booo! (That is my response, and thanks for goin over that....always afraid I will assign damage too soon before any actions I should be taking)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I lose the Phantasm and you lose Transfixer

Done

In Play:

(T,T) Island x2
(U) Swamp

(T) Guardion Idol (~ CIP tapped. T: Add 1 to my mana pool. 2: ~ becomes a 2/2 Golem artifacrt creature ueot)

(T) Roterothopter (0/2, flying, 2: ~ gets +1/+0 ueot. Play this ability no more than twice each turn)
(U) Stinging Licid (1/1, 1U, T: ~ loses this ability and becomes an Aura enchantment w/enchant creature. Attach it to target creature. I may pay U to end this effect. Whenever enchanted creature becomes tapped, ~ deals 2 dmg to that creature's controller)

Graveyard: Merchant Scroll, Miscalculation, Blind Phantasm
RFG:

Hand: 3
In Play:

(T,T,T,T,U) Plains

Graveyard: Anoint, Auriok Transfixer
RFG:

D

DarthFerret

UUD, Healers Headress, attach to Teremko Griffin, done.

In Play:

(T,T) Island x2
(U) Swamp

(U) Stinging Licid (1/1, 1U, T: ~ loses this ability and becomes an Aura enchantment w/enchant creature. Attach it to target creature. I may pay U to end this effect. Whenever enchanted creature becomes tapped, ~ deals 2 dmg to that creature's controller)

RFG:

In Play:

(T,T,T,U,U) Plains

Equipment: Healers Headress (Equip: 1, WW: equip to target creature, Equipped creature gains +0/+2 and T: prevent 1 damage to target creature or player)

(U) Teremko Griffin (2/2, flying, banding) **Equipped 2/4 and T: to prevent 1 dmg**
(U) Ekundu Griffin (2/2, Flying, First Strike)

RFG:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Untap, upkeep, Draw

U and Idol to turn the Licid into an Aura attaching to your Teremko as the target. Responses?

Library: 25
In Play:

(T,U) Island x2
(U) Swamp

(T) Guardion Idol (~ CIP tapped. T: Add 1 to my mana pool. 2: ~ becomes a 2/2 Golem artifact creature ueot)

(U) Roterothopter (0/2, flying, 2: ~ gets +1/+0 ueot. Play this ability no more than twice each turn)
(T) Stinging Licid (1/1, 1U, T: ~ loses this ability and becomes an Aura enchantment w/enchant creature. Attach it to target creature. I may pay U to end this effect. Whenever enchanted creature becomes tapped, ~ deals 2 dmg to that creature's controller)

RFG:

In Play:

(T,T,T,U,U) Plains

Equipment: Healers Headress (Equip: 1, WW: equip to target creature, Equipped creature gains +0/+2 and T: prevent 1 damage to target creature or player)

(U) Teremko Griffin (2/2, flying, banding) **Equipped 2/4 and T: to prevent 1 dmg** *Stung by Licid?*

RFG:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Done

Library: 25
In Play:

(T,U) Island x2
(U) Swamp

(T) Guardion Idol (~ CIP tapped. T: Add 1 to my mana pool. 2: ~ becomes a 2/2 Golem artifact creature ueot)

Stinging Licid (1/1, 1U, T: ~ loses this ability and becomes an Aura enchantment w/enchant creature. Attach it to target creature. I may pay U to end this effect. Whenever enchanted creature becomes tapped, ~ deals 2 dmg to that creature's controller)

RFG:

In Play:

(T,T,T,U,U) Plains

(U) Teremko Griffin (2/2, flying, banding) **Equipped 2/4 and T: to prevent 1 dmg** *Stung by Licid?*

RFG:

D

DarthFerret

Sorry, this is the week I have to take my Sabattical. Will try to get back to everything on Next Monday evening...

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
No prob... it's a short week for me too, since tomorrow will be my last day for the week until next week (well, next week is the same actually :) )