So what game floats your boat nowadays?

N

Nightstalkers

Ok RedDude, traindude, stop spoiling the dreams of the femmies around the web with your...

White women... Straight! Muahaha :p

*Nightstalker gets smacked*

OWW! Better start learning how to use a keyboard again or I'll get killed using this microphone.

*Nightstalker gets smacked*

I'll be shutting up now.

A

Almindhra

omg train....what little phrase-ology is under your name, boy?!....

you're living in a dream world....

A

Apollo

Whelp, barring a miracle, tennis is more or less over monday. *Sigh* And for me, it's over already... all I've got is one teammate left in it. :(

And Spidey, women's soccer is leveling off somewhat, but the American women are still the favorite. It's not like men's soccer, where the big guys like the French can be knocked off by South Korea or something... really only 2 or 3 other teams in the world have a chance to beat the U.S. They beat England, I think, 6-0 just the other day.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Well, that's good to hear. It's too bad that it doesn't get more coverage, especially being international and having tons of countries involved, but that's the US... :rolleyes:

:)

Ferret

Staff member
Originally posted by Spiderman
Well, that's good to hear. It's too bad that it doesn't get more coverage, especially being international and having tons of countries involved, but that's the US... :rolleyes:

:)
We could never do that. We have to keep showing sports that only Americans are good at...

-Ferret

"...I'm amazed we actually show hockey..."

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
That's contrary to what Apollo was saying... the American women are good, if not the best in world soccer right now. Thus, according to you, it should be covered... I was saying it was a shame it wasn't.

Men's soccer I can understand :)

B

BigBlue

Talk about Title IX... The women are better than men at both Soccer and Hockey (internationally).

Since we're on the subject (but not on topic :) ) what are the opinions on Annike S at the Colonial?

What if Tiger wanted to play an LPGA event? Or even a moderate male player from the PGA. You can bet that women would throw a fit.

I am not against Annike S... She is the Best female player in the world, and can beat a number of male players who are professionals. But that doesn't mean she should play on the men's tour.

Of course, golf isn't really a sport. It's a game, like pool, croquet or curling.

Ferret

Staff member
Originally posted by BigBlue
Talk about Title IX... The women are better than men at both Soccer and Hockey (internationally).

Since we're on the subject (but not on topic :) ) what are the opinions on Annike S at the Colonial?

What if Tiger wanted to play an LPGA event? Or even a moderate male player from the PGA. You can bet that women would throw a fit.

I am not against Annike S... She is the Best female player in the world, and can beat a number of male players who are professionals. But that doesn't mean she should play on the men's tour.
I'm hoping she does well - not too well though - otherwise people will think it's just a fluke. Then, other female players will be encouraged to join the PGA tour. In no time at all there won't be a need for an LPGA because men and women will be in the same sport side by side thus breaking down yet another barrier in the human race...

-Ferret

"...and while we're at it, let's put Mia Hamm on the men's World Cup team - it would increase our odds..."

A

Apollo

I'm for it. A man couldn't play on the LPGA tour because the rules specifically forbid it, while the PGA rules do not. Of course, there might be a movement in that direction now, but I hope not. Frankly, golf is pretty boring, and this livens it up a lot, so it's a good thing. Go Annika! ;)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I'm for it and think that if men want to play on the women's tour, they should be able too. I don't think you'll see Tiger or much of the other high-ranked maled players though, because I'm pretty sure the prize structure for males is higher and they just can't play in every golf tourney; they tend to pick and choose, depending on their need for rest and everything.

I hope Sorenstam does her best, no matter who she beats.

T

train

Mindy - with as strong a spirit as you have - I figured you'd want her to beat half the guys on the course...

Unless you hate her specifically...;)

"I can't believe she's playing the guys' tour... Well... that didn't last too long..." :rolleyes:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Originally posted by Almindhra
Good...I'm glad she didn't....
Umm... care to elaborate?

And considering that she didn't come in dead last like most were expecting, but beat a good amount of guys, she actually did pretty well.

N

Nightstalkers

I'm currently looking for an old Star Wars card of C3PO shown here: