So what game floats your boat nowadays?

W

Whimsical

*blows dust off forum* Ah figure it's a darned shame to let this forum go to waste, so ah'll try and jog loose a few replies. :D

In mah case, ahm playing GTA3: Vice City for the PC ... mah durned brothers got me playing and now ahm hooked. It's wonderful stress release, though for the life of me ... ah can't do any jumps worth diddly. Mah brothers often refer to me as the Scooter Terror of Vice City in homage to mah tastes in transpo. :D

Those two still don't understand why ah insist on typing in the cheat "foxylittlething" at the beginning of every game of mine though. ;)

T

train

I don't have any GTAs...:(

What does "foxylittlething" do?...

And I'd personally like to get Warcraft 3...

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I'm re-playing Warlords III: Reign of Heros right now, and dabble in Majesty/MajX, Stronghold, Rogue Squadron, Magic:TG by Microprose, and have a long-ago saved game of Baldur's Gate somewhere :)

W

whuppinboy

MTG: Online is about it for me. the free time i get is spent messing around with it or browsing these forums. used to play Descent 3 until last year, which is when MTG:O took over my obsessive/compulsive personality ;)

B

BigBlue

On the PC: Neverwinter Nights and Diablo II: LoD.

But I managed to get my hands on the rerelease of Talisman 3rd Edition and that has been the game of choice.

I've been trying like crazy to get a copy of the expansions and the second ed on ebay, but they want mad money...

Ferret

Staff member
Lately, all I've been playing is MTGO (when Mrs. F lets me use the computer) and Gameday 2003 on the PS2 (when she doesn't).

-Ferret

"She's talking to her best friend and watching 'Another Teen Movie'! Hooray, I can play now!"

A

Apollo

Uhm, well, tennis. That pretty much has taken up all of my time lately. (conference champs! :))

Ferret

Staff member
Originally posted by Apollo
Uhm, well, tennis. That pretty much has taken up all of my time lately. (conference champs! :))
Congrats! Of course, if you turn pro very few people will notice :D

-Ferret

"it's becoming like basketball - only minorities get noticed..."

J

Jigglypuff

I've been playing Final Fantasy Tactics and SaGa Frontier 2 on my PS1 nowadays. I also play roller hockey on the weekends.

(- Steve -)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
it's becoming like basketball - only minorities get noticed..."
I disagree, it's only because Serena and Venus are so dominating right now. Before them, it was Martina Hingis and before her.... more white folk. Someone will come along eventually to dethrone the Williams sisters and seeing how the tennis racial makeup actually is, it'll probably be another white girl.

T

train

Tiger, Jordan, Payton, Williams..., Nomar, Pedro, Pele,

The only sport I can't think of with major minorities whooping tail is Hockey...:cool:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Every sport almost has its "major minority" just because in those particular sports, white is the majority.

Golf - Justic Leonard, Nick Price, Lee Jazen
Soccer - is truly the international sport (which the US sucks at) so "minorities" are all over
Basketball/football - equal mix there, but I'd say Jason Kidd seems to be the reverse since basketball seems to be awash in good "minority" people. Football is particular to a position - not a lot of black players at the high profile position of quarterback, but plenty of white and black in other areas.

T

train

I got ya...

just odd how that position thing works in the NFL huh?!...

Ferret

Staff member
Originally posted by Spiderman
I disagree, it's only because Serena and Venus are so dominating right now. Before them, it was Martina Hingis and before her.... more white folk. Someone will come along eventually to dethrone the Williams sisters and seeing how the tennis racial makeup actually is, it'll probably be another white girl.
Actually, I was referring to a minority made up of many white women :) One of my all time fav players, Martina Navratilova (Hingis' namesake) is in that minority...

-Ferret

"...not that there's anything wrong w/ it..."

Originally posted by Spiderman
Every sport almost has its "major minority" just because in those particular sports, white is the majority.

Soccer - is truly the international sport (which the US sucks at) so "minorities" are all over
Only the men suck at it - our women players are the best in the world...

-Ferret

"At last: a sport where straight white girls can succeed! :D"

N

Nightstalkers

God creates man, God gives earth to Man, Man populates earth, Man resurrects dead predator, Predator eats man, Woman inherits the earth...

What! Its only right that the better balanced of the sexes get be better at any sport!

Female body building :eek: what a scary sport

A

Apollo

I am a minority... Appalachian Extraction!

...In other words, I'm a hillbilly. :p

J

Jigglypuff

I think I might be a minority too. I'm an American citizen who doesn't like reality TV. I'm also a Colorado citizen who doesn't drool over the Avs.

(- Steve -)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Ferret: I'm still confused. So are you saying in tennis, only white women now, since they're in the minority, get attention?

If so, I still disagree... only the Williams sisters are ranked very high who are black. The majority of women's tennis is still white overall (and heck, I see that Serena was beat over the weekend).

I thought the women's soccer was leveling off... but my local paper doesn't really cover it, so it's hard to gauge :(