So, what are YOU doing about it?

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Ferret, Apr 1, 2003.

1. Ferret CPA Founder, Slacker

I'm curious to know what people are doing about the current war. I'm in support of our troops and have a cute little ribbon for my jacket and a little flag on my car - I feel so patriotic :)

Now, my question is to for those of you for the war, what little supportive things are you doing?

And, for those of you against, what are you doing to try and stop it (and posting in this Forum - while entertaining - does not count)?

-Ferret

"...just curious..."
  2. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

I am doing zip aside from reading the news about war developments.
  3. train The Wildcard!!!...

My wife thinks I'm mental(go figure;) ) because I told a few local military personnel thank you for serving in our military...

They were surprised... and didn't say your welcome or anything... but I could tell they thought I was weird too...:rolleyes:
  4. Mazzak Stylemongering Protodeity

I am actively slapping my forehead whenever someone says that this war has nothing to do with oil.
  5. Jigglypuff Big Cute Pink Thing

I am sitting around doing nothing. I don't even actively search out news about the war. Life is going on as normal for me.

(- Steve -)
  6. Zhaneel Resident Gryphon Queen

Plenty of buttons all over my backpack, debates at school, GRO (Global Responsibility Organization) meetings, candlelight vigils.
  7. Thallid Ice Cream Man 21sT CeNTuRy sChIZoId MaN

Protesting, and I put a poster on my locker.
  8. Ferret CPA Founder, Slacker

Well, at least a couple of folks are doing something. Right now, you're reading my total effort on this. I'm making comments, asking questions, and trying to find out what's going on w/ at least the people that I know - I imagine there are millions of other people out there w/ two or three total opinions between them, but I'm not interested in them :)

-Ferret

"Apathy: the other white meat"
  9. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

I'm rolling my eyes whenever someone says it does :)
  10. Zhaneel Resident Gryphon Queen

A bit off-topic, but you know how they call it Operation Iraqi Freedom? What if they called it Operation Iraqi Liberation...
  11. Mazzak Stylemongering Protodeity

Now it's just "OIF" like a sound you'd make if you tripped and fell into a bean bag..
  12. ErinPuff Token Female

I have a button on my backpack and I cry a lot. I'm a bad activist, I know... *sigh*
  13. Zhaneel Resident Gryphon Queen

Erin!

*falls over*

But you've gone to the vigils, haven't you?
  14. Svenmonkey Pants Chancellor

I was active today by scowling at some obviously-KKK-affiliated redneck who was flying 2 American flags and some other unidentifiable thing on his hilarious pickup truck.

"We shud s'port the troops, ma."
    "I herd thurs black folks in the troops."
    "Well we bitter jest s'port the hwhite troops theyn."
  15. Mazzak Stylemongering Protodeity

my daft world religions professor today implied that the war was entirely about oil. I also slapped my forehead for that one.
  16. Apollo Bird Boy

ERIN!

*Picks up Zhaneel*
  17. ErinPuff Token Female

Um, hi... I've been lurking; I just haven't had anything to say.

And no, I haven't been going to the vigils.. if I lived closer I probably would.
  18. Ferret CPA Founder, Slacker

I live close enough to attend both kinds of vigils/protests/rallies - I choose not to. I'm having more fun doing it here w/ my friends online :)

-Ferret

"It's easier to 'hear' me"
  19. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

What do you do when someone says the war has something to do with oil? :p
  20. Mazzak Stylemongering Protodeity

I agree with them.