So, like anything other than Magic?

Ferret

Staff member
Yeah, I've seen some nifty things like pictures for user's and little icons that indicate your mood when you type a post...to see what I Mean goto this site:

http://www.deathlands.com/cgi-bin/forums/Ultimate.cgi?action=intro&BypassCookie=true

I think the real address is shorter...

-ferret

"...darned Cut and Paste!"

D

Dune Echo

Anyone know when the FF remakes are coming out for the Playstation? Ferret? Are you on top of this? Oh, how's FF8, by the way?

D

Dune Echo

Yeah, the whole series IS cocaine. I really wish they'd bring back the very first one with new graphics and new stuff in it. That would rule. At least you can play FF7. I loaned it to my brother-in-law and he lost the second disk. That blows! I'm never letting him borrow a damn thing again!

But at least they're bring FF3 from the Super NES back. I loved that one!

T

theorgg

My Report has already been posted here.
stacy hasn't responded yet, and the biggest "game" I played was posted on the dojo forums.

I will tell ya'll as soon as I get a reply.

-theorgg
I'm bigger than I think, I think.

Ed Sullivan

CPA Founder, Web Guy
Staff member
Well, Dune, your screwed as fat ass FF7 goes. But you can always get an emulator and the ROM images from the older ones. I gotta play FF2 (never released in US) translated. I've heard its pretty good.

And about the numbers, am I right here?
Japanese # -- American #
FF 1 -- FF 1
FF 2 --
FF 3 --
FF 4 -- FF 2
FF 5 --
FF 6 --
FF 7 -- FF 7
FF 8 -- FF 8
FF 9 -- FF 9 (neither Japanese nor American are done yet)

Oh yeah, check out NewWave. It bought BrainBurst and now all the articles are being held by BrainBurst. That gives Doust more time!!
"Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?"
And if Doust still doesn't respond, we could try and get in contact with him by talking to the BrainBurst people.

-mike

Ed Sullivan

CPA Founder, Web Guy
Staff member
Your refering to Final Fantasy Anthologies, right? I think it comes out something like Oct 10th or 15th--not sure though.

I gotta get FF8. But it's not going to happen till Christmas. Oh well, at least I can still play through FF7.

-mike
I think the whole FF series is like cocaine..

D

Dune Echo

You're almost totally correct, Ed, except FF3 here was FF5 there, at least, that's the info I have. HOW THE HELL DO I GET AN EMULATOR AND FF1?! I have heard of these for over a year and can't figure out which one to download and where to get FF1. I couldn't find it. ... ED! BUDDY! OL' PAL! Can you hook me up?

D

Dune Echo

Actually, I thought you meant "screwed like a fat ass" which was interesting but, I still got the jist of it. Thanks, Mike. FF1 ruled! If only the graphics could be as good as FF8's! That would be the baddest game ever! Thanks again!

"Da tooth is out there, Skulley."--Foxfur Moldy

D

Dune Echo

Has anyone ever played a game called Dark World or something? It's like a fantasy board game where you have four characters (Elf, Dwarf, Paladin, Ranger) and they have to crawl through like 9 rooms of these ruins to fight this serpent looking guy. It was like a 3D board game that you had to put little cardboard room seperators. It came with a bunch of plastic figures for the bad guys and the heros. The heros could pick up little potions and golden weapons to use from treasure chests? Anyone remember this game? One to 4 people got to be the heros while one person had to be the bad guy and the bad guy could not win! No way at all. It was cool except for that little glitch in the game. The figures were pretty color cuz you could paint them. Does anyone besides me remember this game?

"Da tooth is out there, Skulley."--Foxfur Moldy

T

theorgg

HELL YES! I OWN THE DAMN THING!

that thing kicks ass!
I can't ever get enough people to play anymore, however. and a dumbass nabour of mine chewed up the ranger's sword and threw it down a vent.

oh, and the heros could loose. All they had to do was step through the "doom" tile(the first on the courtyard of the castle), and the healing spot didn't work anymore.

It was a blast to play, too.

oh, and Dunecho, do you have a copy of the game? I'd be willing to pay a buck for that sword. It still irks me that he did that.

-theorgg

D

Dune Echo

Hell that was a fun game, wasn't it? I know they couldn't go back once they crossed the "doom step", but I could never kill them when they all came through at the same time, especially when the heros had the damn potions. My brother was always the good guys while I was the bad guy, so I'm still a little bitter. If I can find theorgg, I might still have all the pieces. It was a great game though. It's called Dark World, right?

Ed Sullivan

CPA Founder, Web Guy
Staff member
Wow, typos. That was supposed to be "you're screwed as far as FF7" not "fat ass."

Anyway, just look for a program called "Nesticle" and when you find it, gimme a buzz and I'll give ya FF1.
On a side note, these icon's aren't working on old threads, I gotta change that.

-mike
The good old NES days

D

Dune Echo

Well, I've picked up FF Anthologies. It's fun to go back and play the games again. There's just one thing: it sucks to watch the new CGI they've added as the game starts up and then play a game in 16 graphics. I wish they could have upped the graphics. I don't mind if they weren't like FF7 or 8, but at least to the level of Wild Arms or something. Just improve the graphics in general. Oh well, can't have everything, can you?

-Dune Echo
Final Fantasy ADDICT!

T

theorgg

yea. it is called dark world.

It was a great time.
oh, one way to make sure the players don't collude is require money, and only let one person control one figuring, instead of sharing. also allow the players to attack each other.
I garentee the players won't have the potions they use to. a "fee" of 50c or a dollar usually did the trick. oh, and about the doom step, the player doesn't come back at the portal at all, not just not going back into the dungeon.

-theorgg

I

Ishans Shade

I like both the SW, and the YJ CCG. I enjoy all three. However I'm always to learn new games.

D

Dakkon Blackblade

I enjoy colecting magic/portal. I havent been playing for long so I havent got to experince much more than magic and YJ