Snow or Blackman?

D

Duel

Yeah. Man, you really SHOULD be an editor. You can make dirty comments WORSE!

G

Gizmo

...but then Raven hit him from behind. Blackman will take it back faster than Crash can run from the arena. A typical Blackman fight runs like this:
Steve and Opponent hit each other for a bit, this is about 50/50 (at best) because Steve can`t take the punishment too well.
Opponent gets cocky and grabs a stick.
Steve takes the stick off his Opponent.
Steve beats opponent with stick.
Steve wins.
If I ever found myself facing Steve Blackman the last thing I would do is pick up a stick, because you just know he`ll take it off you and hit you with it.

D

Duel

uh, yeah, right. WWF..... okay......

Does anyone find it sad that magic sponsors that? do you think that could be where hasbro went wrong? appealing to the wrong market?

on the other hand, maybe they're just trying to give us dumb opponents......

(Insert your flames here)

A

Apollo

Some more wrestling thoughts, based on what I've seen at my cousins house and on my friends video game:

--If the Dudleys brought a table into the ring, I would push it back out rather than trying to put them through it.

--If I was facing the Rock, I would not run off the ropes and charge at him.

--If the Undertaker put my head between his legs, I would jerk it upwards (my head, that is).

--If Kaine grabbed my neck, I would reach out and grab his mask, pull it off his face, and snap it back

--If I was facing Kurt Angle, I would grab his belt and run quickly

--I would never go slump in a corner against Rikishi, no matter how beat up I was (oh, and I'd smack that butt first chance I got:))

--If facing Chris Jericho, I would grab a handful of his hair and start running around the ring

D

Duel

(See last post)

In case you didn't notice. I dislike wrestling.

G

Gizmo

It`s just the circus - strongmen, acrobats, women, freaks. It`s also just like a soap opera, only with better acting and more jokes. Plus the catchphrases are often REALLY catchy.

It`s also a faithful rendition of gladiatorial combat from the Roman empire, which was also fixed and ran to fan-orientated storylines.

A

Apollo

Exactly what Gizmo said. It's entertaining. If you take it seriously, well, that's pretty sad. But it's a great soap opera, and it's funny. Plus, those guys can actually do some amazing acrobatics. Watching somebody jump up, spring off the top rope, do a flip, and swing his feet around to kick someone else, who "is knocked" out of the ring and spirals down to the floor, well, that's pretty cool.

S

sageridder

I don't hate it,but there are a couple of lame things that go with it.The backyard matches were kids get hurt trying some of this stuff.Yeah I know it's not directly there fault but monkeys do learn from example.And with it around there no real pro wrestling by that I mean greco roman,freestyle,or colledgent.It's kinda like what would basketball be like if all the games were like harlem globetroters vs the generals.Just my two cents.

Well back to on topic.I think he would be a good editor,but would much rather see him in an siskel and erbert kinda thing.With gizmo and someone (like choas turtle,or duel,or nadnarb there are many who could be good this is just off the top of my head)where they agree on a deck or an artical to review,(heck chooseing the topic might even be a cool voting poll)and a week after the topic was choosen post their points of view.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I think Gizmo would have been/be a good editor. Especially since he seems to travel the sites more and have an idea about what articles are supposed to be, as opposed to me with my one or two Magic sites :). All I know are curse words.... and how to chop them out.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
But judging from the furor in the past month over article content, he might be better able to judge what exactly constitutes a worthy "front-page" article.

M

Mars

I've been and known editors, and trust me, it's a time-consuming thankless job. The only thing you can be sure of is that whatever you do, somebody will be pissed off.

Of all the arts, writing is only one in which one's "work" is edited. Imagine someone saying "Uh, Van Gogh, I think you should put a little more blue in this corner of your painting," or "Say Mozart, the violin section is a wee bit stong in your second movement, change it."

And if Gizmo were to become an editor, that would leave him less time to design his spiffy decks, or at worse keep him in university a year longer, therefore delaying his taking of London by storm.

My conclusion? Gizmo can't lose, whatever happens.

"Be careful what you wish for, you may get it.".....old saying

"You may find that the wanting is better than the having..".......Mr. Spock

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I'm not sure Gizmo IS wishing for the editor's job. He can always turn it down if he doesn't have the time...