Snow and More Snow

turgy22

Nothing Special
So, we got about 18 inches last night. I actually didn't mind the snow that much, since it came on the weekend and I have no place to be all weekend. I spent the morning shoveling out my driveway, but it was kind of fun. My wife and daughter came outside to help and we could let our dog off her leash, since she couldn't go anywhere, anyway with the snow piled all around. Sometimes, she'd try to make a run into the street, but she'd have to sort of swim through the snow and only get a few feet before turning around.

After my daughter gets up from her nap, we'll all probably go out back and play, though I'm not sure exactly what we'll do. The snow's too soft for building anything. We'll probably just bring the dog out and watch her plow along. Maybe throw a few snowballs.

How's everyone else doing?

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
We got about 2 feet and lost power from midnight until 5pm..... house never got below 55 without heat.... strange.
I dug out my driveway and sidewalk just to warm up.
We are in a state of emergency... accordoing to our Governor. Supposed to get cold for the next week.....
I went around town today and only the local newstand was open... no one else could get to work.
Have to go dig out my parents tomorrow.

Hope everyone is OK... not you guys in the warmer climates... ha ha ha

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
Sorry to hear about what you guys are going through...Here in Chicago we only got an inch or 2 so far, so we're actually in pretty decent shape but there's more snow in the forecast for next week so we'll see what happens...:)

turgy22

Nothing Special
Well, for all you people that didn't get snow: :p I had a ton of fun last night.

I had this idea that we should all go outside and play in the snow, so the whole family went out back and when we got there, I realized I didn't have any idea about what we could do. As I said earlier, the snow's too light for packing and too deep for much else.

So we got started by throwing a snowball and trying to get our dog (who stands a bit below 18 inches) to chase after it. When she finally did, I thought it'd be fun to clear out a little path that my daughter could walk through. So me and the kid and the dog spent some time walking around in a little circle and made a nice path that we could all traverse pretty easily. Then I thought it'd be fun to make more paths so I started zig-zagging all over the place while my wife watched my daughter. Soon enough, we were making little paths all over the yard and watching the dog and the kid wander around like they were in a maze. My wife also decided to make paths shaped like letters: L (for Lauren), E (for Eric), T (for Turgeon), G (for Genevieve - I made that one), and Z (for Zelda - that's the dog, btw).

All-in-all, we spent over an hour just plowing through the snow and wandering the paths. Then we came inside and drank hot chocolate. Good times.

Today, we're thinking about hiding bits of food all over the paths to see if the dog can find them. We'll see how that goes...

Here's some pictures to get a better idea of what things are like in my neighborhood. The first picture was taken from our deck before we cleaned it off. It gives a pretty good idea about how much snow we got. The second picture, I just took from our bathroom window and shows our little backyard maze. You can see the cursive "L" in the lower right corner and an upside-down "G" just above it.

Attachments

E

EricBess

turgy, that reminds me of growing up in Utah and playing "Fox and Geese". Honestly, I don't remember how to play, but I do remember it was something like tag that you would play in the snow. First, you would go through and make a bunch of paths like you did, then one person would be the "fox" and the rest the "geese", but you could only run around on the paths.

Lots of fun. But I still don't miss the cold :D

T

train

those are pretty freakin' cool Turgy...

Anymore weather for anyone... nothing but rain coming our way this week

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Woo! What a week last week!

We got about 2 feet of snow on the weekend and then about 19 inches on Tuesday-Wednesday. Work was cancelled all week (well, not Friday, but that was my normal day off) and I didn't want to check in here and lose all of the "New Thread" icons since I reallyl couldn't respond to any of the games since all of my data is on the work computer :)

So a total of about 50 inches alone last week and with December's storm, broke the record for the most snowfall in a season with 79 inches. We got a light dusting last night - at first they were saying anywhere between 1-12 inches, but as it got closer, it got downgraded to 1-4 inches and we barely got anything. We're supposed to get more around Wednesday but not sure how much right now.

T

train

Yeah - I figured Spidey and the family would be making some snow angels and sculptures... :eek:

Nothing else in our area but sunshine!...