skeleton of an MP Sneak Attack deck

R

Reverend Love

Hey Spidey, I'm pretty late on this one but lately I've been running a sneak attack deck with some success.

Uses:

Prenumbra Wurms -- Fattie/Recursion
Symbiotic Wurms -- Fattie/Recursion
Genesis - Recursion

Tinderwalls for 1st turn blocking and acceleration.

Works pretty well.......my 2 cents.

M

Mikeymike

You definitely want at least 3 Sneaks, maybe 4 if possible. Its only a matter of time before someone blows 1 up - so having extras in hand is not bad.

Penumbra Wurm and Weatherseed are great in here.

And if you are going to run Cemetary/Oath you might want to consider Greater Good as well. Draw tons - pitch extra creatures only to have them brought back during your upkeep.

There are just so many ways to build a fun Sneak deck. Even Wizard Mentor is awesome in here.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Surprisingly enough, only one other guy really plays with enchantment removal/counter/bounce type effects. The other two just play straightforward Magic (creatures and buffs and attacking). Generally. I had a game with my lone Worship in a deck out and I had a ground stall with another guy; I drew one of two fliers (he didn't know that) and he conceded 'cause he could deal with the Worship or the flyer. That's why I'm not too worried about more Sneaks.

I was mainly keeping this R/B with a splash of U for the Stifles for Phage, so I'll hold off on the Greater Good. But the rest looks pretty good (I think I have a Penumbra Wurm and the Genesis's are already in there).

T

train

Spidey - I sent everything off yesterday...

If you want to mainly keep the deck R/B/u - I'd suggest running victimizes...

That way you can get some of your fatties to stay in play - cause we all know the stifle is being saved for Phage...

And if oyu have the 4 red mana, and a weatherseed treefolk in hand, with the Altar of Dementia in play - it's kind of neat to mill 20 cards a turn and still attack for 5...:eek: :cool:

Of course the Thorn Elementals have great Evasion abilities...

Hope it all helps out...

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Well, Stifle is a good all-around card - the other guy I mentioned uses a lot of abilities so I can see using a Stifle here and there to counter what he does. I do want to try to use Phage though :)

T

train

Another good card for Sneak is Scion of Darkness...

If nice stuff is sitting in your opponent's graveyard - you can get one of their creatures permanently...

And Volrath's stronghold might be another good land for your deck... That or Soldevi Excavations...