skeleton of an MP Sneak Attack deck

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I'm trying to make a (quick) Sneak Attack deck for tonight. Just looking at the cards I have right now (Scourge and what train sent me), here's what I have:

2 Sneak Attacks

Big Fatties

Dragon Tyrant
Phyrexian Colossus
Crater Hellion
Nefashu
Phage

Recursion and additional use so I don't have to waste a sac

Hell's Caretaker (make this 2?)
3 Carrion Feeders
2 Genesis

Evasion

2 Dragon Wings
2 Dragon Shadow
3 Stifle

Removal/Counters

2 Backlash
2 Dispersal Shield (just looks interesting)

Fellwar Stone
2 Temple of the False Gods
Safe Haven to get around Sneak?

Not really worrying about mana yet (various dual lands, etc). I'm thinking I need some early defense and one guy plays either a U/W Wall/Day of the Dragon deck (hence, I'll probably need either counters for the Day of the Dragon or instant removal of his walls) and a U/W control deck. I think he'll be the biggest challenge. Any quick suggestions in the next hour or so before I leave work?

R

rkoelsch

you could try doomed necromancer as a way of reanimating your fat.

T

train

Altar of Dementia is great to manipulate sneak...

so is Pandemonium and Furnace of Rath...

If you have any shard phoenixes - they're great recursion/control...

Also - Don't be afraid to use Mind Slicers - to remove everyone's hand...

Balthor the stout can help...

Victimize also works well for this...

I really need to get you those thorn elementals...:rolleyes: ;)

I'll mail them out today - that way you have them for next time...

Dragon wings aren't necessary if you use Wonder... this gives you another creature... you could also use Brawn...

Lightning Bolts are essential for early control...

I'll think of more stuff...

Nicol Bolas...
Weatherseed Treefolk
Shivan Phoenix...

Laquatus' Champion - great for kill...

For control - Jokulhaups...

Feldon's cane isn't bad...

Krosan Cloudscrapers...

Breaking Points are great!...

Mogg infestation...

Obliterate....

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
No Doomed Necromancer or Altar of Dementia or Furnace of Rath...

I have a Pandemonium but only one... I think that might make me a target early though.

I'ev got one Shard Phoenix so I'll look at him.

Can't find a card called Mind Slice; do you mean Mind Slash? It looks too slow for MP.

Not sure how Balthor the Stout will help... do you mean Defiled?

No Wonders either but I was thinking about Brawn to help my guys get through...

I'll probably use Jokulhaups as a reset. And Bolts for early removal. And Tormod's Crypt for that nasty graveyard stuff my group uses. Feldon's Cane is good.

Ferret

Staff member
In place of your Caretakers, try Coffin Queen. She can grab any creature. You can use them to sac to other creatures so that they get around the 'queen's "remove from game" effect, and it's a great way to steal your opponent's graveyard creatures, use them, and remove them from the game.

-Ferret

"I'll have to break out my Fallen Angel deck and find my other tricks..."

T

train

Ferret has good ideas...

the only bad part is that weenies don't live through the hellions...:cool:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Well, played it last night and it would have worked except I was unfamiliar playing with it and made some boneheaded plays, like Recurring Nightmaring my Dragon Tyrant and forgetting that it didn't have haste so it couldn't attack and I didn't have the 4 red for upkeep on my next turn :rolleyes:

Main problem I had was to getting the creatures back from the graveyard into my hand so I could reuse them with the Sneak. So I think I'm dropping the Backlashes for 2 Reaping the Graves and see how that works. Also, I'm gonna drop Brawn since most of my guys are fliers anyway and add another Genesis and Anger for the haste effect. Probably some Buried Alives too to make sure those are in the graveyard.

T

train

I'm sending you a sneak care package...

It has an altar of dementia, and 2 thorn elementals so far - but I'll add more to it...

"Always proud to help someone play Sneaky!..."

T

Troll

Fling is a good choice to wipe out 2 ppl withthe same creature. You could also add Ball Lightnings if you have any.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Actually, I do have the Flings. However, they're really one-shot deals since I don't have Yawgmoth's Will or Bosium Strip to re-use them. I'm thinking of taking them out for the cards mentioned above that might give me more bang for my buck :)

T

Tabasco

what about big ol' mister 13/13??

Weatherseed Treefolk is good with the self-recursion

I once played against a Polar Kracken/sneak deck!!

He had something to untap it, and to get his grave stuff back, he used an enchantment from urza's something I'll look it up!!

No Serra Avatar??

I also Played against a Sneak/Avatar deck, He has Angelic Chorus in play.................. his life kept doubling............it wasnt pretty......

Do these have to be playable w/o sneak??

Cause..........Silvos, Rogue Elemental.............Akroma, Angel of Wrath...................................Raven, Guild Master would be fun...........especially after a Hellion....................................Blistering Firecat??..........................Bloodshot Cyclops??.....paired with Krosan Cloudscraper.....you could be saying "2 Red, you're dead"

Well I suppose that's all I hope I helped!!

Tabasco

T

Tabasco

The enchantment I spoke earlier of is Diabolic Servitude

3B
Enchantment

When DS comes into play, return target creature from you graveyard to play. When the returned creature is put into a graveyard, remove that creature from the game and return DS to its owner's hand. When DS leaves play remove that creature from the game.

Also Crypt Angel have a nice little "comes into play" ability When she comes into play she returns a blue or red creature from your grave to your hand.

Phantom Nishoba could also be fun!!!

Bloodfire Colossus is a possible game winner.......attack and explode him.....unless your at 6 or less......

Havoc Demon anyone??

13NoVa

i was the master of sneak back in the day.... at least around here....

the creatures i like are:

serra avatar: you can kill them most likely with it

Shrieking mogg + thundermare: you can tap thier creatures to ensure they can't block your next sneaked fatty

Crater hellion: this thing is a LOT of fun. it can kill most of the played creatures, considering (at least around here) not many people play anything with /5 or better.

Avatar of woe: The idea here is to pay BB and hard-cast it after sneaking a hellion, that will dump 10 creatures into the graveyard normally.....

shivan phoenix: Very few people realize that you can sneak durring an opponents turn to block. shivan phoenix has the recursion, and it has flying. a perfect sneaked-blocker.

My sneak attack deck was 3 colors, BRW....

the decklist (as far as i can remember, its been a couple years)

4 Sneak attack
4 Gamble
1 vampiric tutor
1 enlightened tutor

3 serra avatar
3 crater hellion
3 thundermare
3 shrieking mogg
2 avatar of woe
3 shivan phoenix
1 worldgorger dragon (this could be fun too, but it wasnt in my deck)
1 grim monolith

thats about all i can remember... try stifle+phage... that would be fun.... and angelic corus is awesome.

M

Mikeymike

I built a Sneak/Recurring Nightmare deck recently (with Living Wishes) than runs pretty beefy - though its a later game deck.

The MVP for me always seems to be Havoc Demon from Legions (I've got extras if interested) - there is very little he doesn't kill.

Symbiotic Wurm is nice, and Phantom Nishoba is necessary if you've got him.

My buddy runs a nasty Sneak Attack / Sigil of the New Dawn combo deck - its pretty brutal, very tough to beat.

Some good forms of recursion are (some you know)
Corpse Dance - though you need a sac engine
Oversold Cemetary
Oath of Ghouls
Phyrexian Reclamation (underrated)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Some of the creatures I have, some I don't, like Serra Avatar, Silvos, Akroma, Blistering Firecat, Avatar of Woe...

I do have the Shivan Phoenix, Phantom Nishoba, and I think a Thundermare... I didn't include the last 'cause most of my guys had flying in the original decklist.

What about the Penumbra guys? Or at least the big one?

I like the black recursion ideas, I have the middle two :)

T

train

Spidey - Here's what I have for you, let me know if you're interested...

I wasn't able to get another Sneak Attack but I did get the following:

Skyshroud Behemoth
2x Weatherseed Treefolk
2x Thorn Elemental
Altar of Dementia

PM me if you think you could use them in Sneaky...

I'll say the Treefolks are especially nice...

And remember - if you sneak a creature at the end of your opponent's turn, after the At End of Turn effects are on the stack, your creature will stay out until the At End of Turn stack during your next turn... Great for using a Hellion to kill their stuff and not yours!...

;)

train.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I could use all of them... don't worry about another Sneak, two's probably good enough.

Totally forgot about that rules quirk too... good idea.

T

train

The cards will be mailed out this morning!...

Hope you get your Sneak on!!!!...

(pun intended...)

:D